HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:43 AM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
709 Posts
Cry!! I wish I knew you were selling your go pro hero 2. When did you sell it? I would have bought that whole package.
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:12 AM
USA, WA, Redmond
Joined Aug 2010
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
Thanks all,

I gotta tell you. I was very very nervous. Thumbs shaking and all.
I took it very easy with those two flights I got in today..would have perhaps flown more, but I definitely have to install some baffling. The throttle response goes to crap when the motor gets too hot. I'll get that done asap so I can put some more flights in before huck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
Lee, Nice to meet you too.
I had asked Flop and Vitter who you were since I don't think we have ever met..at least as far as I remember!

you going to huck?
Yes both my wife & I are going to the huck fest in Wentachee. We will be there Sat evening thru Sunday. Looking forward to seeing some jaw dropping, awe inspiring flying & talking with Daniel.

By the way you hide your nerves well, you seemed pretty calm, cool & collected when you flew your new "Pilot Airframe".
leespaddock is offline Find More Posts by leespaddock
Old Aug 26, 2012, 03:15 PM
USA, WA, Redmond
Joined Aug 2010
231 Posts
Kody & Vitter, I am going to beyond disapointed if I don't see your 3D throwdown video submission to Flops "2012 Park Flying Freestyle Contest" !

(http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...errerid=325014

Please don't make me beg & it would be humiliating to see a grown man cry..

The infamous, iniquitous & insidious Seattle 3D Mob adheres to no flippin rules, it eradicates em!
Last edited by leespaddock; Aug 26, 2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 03:49 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,467 Posts
I need more skill before I enter that contest

Yesterday was an awesome maiden day!
Cry maiden his new Pilot RC Edge. Cry your plane is beautiful and awesome job on the build.

Flop re-maiden his EF Edge with DA60. Doing low 3D on tank # two crazy SOB.

I got to maiden one of my new toys and absolutely love it I let Flop sample some Crack Pitts and I think hes hooked too.

Rumor has it that the south end boyz also had some maiden action. Someone needs to post that pic. hint hint
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Old Aug 26, 2012, 03:50 PM
IT Ninja
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2012
193 Posts
Dude-
I'll shoot, you guys fly.
Let's do it!
Captain Awesome is offline Find More Posts by Captain Awesome
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:07 PM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,706 Posts
Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. I'll be out today at 3pm. Got the little Yak to re-maiden after its repair. Plus I gotta get the gasser tuned up and trim out the big electric. Should be a good day of wrench turning.
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:07 PM
USA, WA, Redmond
Joined Aug 2010
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitter View Post
I need more skill before I enter that contest
Vitter, don't make me slap you around, you gottz the skills!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Dude-
I'll shoot, you guys fly.
Let's do it!
Yea buddy!
Captain Awesome the camera supa hero with skills to visually trill!

Something to ponder, Flop said two vid cuts, what he didn't day was how many vantage points. Image starting with a straight up video, cut to plane mounted mirco cam & finish with FPV quad copter cam. Throw you best skill at the video, cover up & trill with plane mirco cam filler & simply mesmerize low & slow with FPV. I also think AC/DC's "Shoot To Thrill" as a 3D Rock n Roll foundation would be just killer...

Count me in as a 3D Mob production support minion.
Last edited by leespaddock; Aug 27, 2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 05:11 PM
Spring warmth will soon arrive
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarpy View Post
Cry!! I wish I knew you were selling your go pro hero 2. When did you sell it? I would have bought that whole package.
I sold that pretty close to what stuff back in June or July pretty close to what I paid for it all. Needed funds for the expensive gimbal
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Aug 26, 2012, 05:12 PM
Spring warmth will soon arrive
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leespaddock View Post
Yes both my wife & I are going to the huck fest in Wentachee. We will be there Sat evening thru Sunday. Looking forward to seeing some jaw dropping, awe inspiring flying & talking with Daniel.

By the way you hide your nerves well, you seemed pretty calm, cool & collected when you flew your new "Pilot Airframe".
If you would have seen the thumbs moving in a manner not associated with what a 3D flyer would do, you wouldn't have thought calm cool and collected

cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:26 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Crack Pitts looks like a lot of fun, Vitter.

I still fly planes, but FPV has taken over my interests! Nice stuff guys. Glad to see this thread thriving.

e
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:49 PM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
709 Posts
Cap. Chris awesome.. Want me to tune this thing up and bring it to huckfest. We can capture 15-20 min flights. I'll fly, you film. It will lift anything we want to put on it. She's got retracts, 360 pan 180 tilt. I'd have to tune up on my Heli skills but I'm sure we could chase some serious 40%ers!

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346028282.115468.jpg
Views: 44
Size: 95.9 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346028371.313768.jpg
Views: 40
Size: 102.9 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346028407.118171.jpg
Views: 38
Size: 98.6 KB
Description:
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346028423.907999.jpg
Views: 30
Size: 86.8 KB
Description: .
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:56 PM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
709 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346032382.323255.jpg
Views: 40
Size: 125.0 KB
Description:
Above is the watt reading from my last test.

Ok esc gurus, I need some help.. having ESC issues.
The problem is, after about 2-3 min of flight my ESC goes into safe mode to cool down. It's passing 110c. I've moved it to a place where there is plenty of airflow.
Setup:
Motor-Hacker A60-6sv2
Esc-ZTW 110 amp esc. (new)
Batt- turnigy 5800 6S 40c
Prop- 20x10 xorar-E

Do I have a bad ESC?
Any advice would be very much appreciated!
Last edited by flarpy; Aug 26, 2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:06 PM
lost in the addiction of flyin
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Dec 2009
696 Posts
i know your going for a peak performance but over 100 amps on 6s is going to put alot of stress on any speed controller, you got a 20/8 prop to try? get your max draw just a bit lower and you should be ok. as for cooling do you have the heat shrink on it still? i had one that i had to actually mount on the outside of the fuse and pull the shrink off to get it to cool better.
furballll is offline Find More Posts by furballll
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:08 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,257 Posts
Hey Flarpy, that's pretty much the exact setup I've flown on 4 different birds with zero problems, the only exception being your ESC. I use the old style CC Phoenix 125 and the combo has been truly rock solid.

[QUOTE=flarpy;22558120]Attachment 5112521
Above is the watt reading from my last test.

Ok esc gurus, I need some help.. having ESC issues.
The problem is, after about 2-3 min of flight my ESC goes into safe mode to cool down. It's passing 110c. I've moved it to a place where there is plenty of airflow.
Setup:
Motor-Hacker A60-6sv2
Esc-ZTW 110 amp esc. (new)
Batt- turnigy 5800 6S 40c
Prop- 20x10 xorar-E

Do I have a bad ESC?
Any advice would be very much appreciated![/QUOTE]
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: YAK 100 Spark Jet Lifter
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:23 AM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,706 Posts
I've had good luck with the ZTW speed controllers that I'm using but I havent tried one that big. If its really overheating you could try a larger heatsync. Also I think the 110 is for up to 6S but they make a 120 that for up to 12S. That one might have more capacity for your application.

I re-maidened the little Yak and its back to being a happy camper.

Good news on the 103" front. I put the 28 x10 Xoar carbon on it and its turned into a real gem of a setup. Gobs of power, nice smooth snappy transition, I'd say it's very close to mufflers now but with more power. It can rip the 28 x10 no problem. This prop is louder than the Vess Stealth but I think it's giving me better performance.

I am having some issues with the cowl getting pressurized. At moderate speed you can hear it surging. In a hover or on the ground it's not doing that. To me that says I need to do something about pressure changes in the cowl. But it's totally huckable already so its all systems go for Das Huckfesten! I'm so happy its working right again.
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member