HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2012, 05:10 PM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,748 Posts
I'll be out tomorrow. Finishing up my fun-cub today and drilling a new prop for the gasser.
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2012, 08:48 PM
USA, WA, Redmond
Joined Aug 2010
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
Requesting advise and/or help:

Last week when Chris was filming I brought my Extreme Flight 60" Extra across the runway in a low knife edge (4-6ft) and hit low voltage cut-off.... I forgot to reset my timer on the Tx!

The only damage sustained was a cracked landing gear, and a broken horizontal stab.

Can someone provide me with some advise in repairing the horizontal stab? My strength is not building as most of you know..... thanks
Wow! That's really impressive that the horz stab / elevator is one piece. Sorry to hear you lost it low and slow, but at least you were doing something cool. Don't feel too bad I sheared my landing gear clean off on a botched windy landing & spend a few hours in rebuild mode. ecaa3d & cry's tips should do the trick. I would lean more towards 30 min epoxy if you can't get a tight fitment & there significant gaps. You have got the room to move you lipo forward to rebalance your cg if you add some repair weight to the tail. I have got various thicknesses of balsa sheet if you need some as well as 30 min epoxy. Let me know if you need it.
leespaddock is offline Find More Posts by leespaddock
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:52 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
OK, I call flash mob for 4 pm til close tomorrow at MARCS. I'm coming with the PAU and the overpowered fun cub.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:38 AM
USA, WA, Redmond
Joined Aug 2010
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
OK, I call flash mob for 4 pm til close tomorrow at MARCS. I'm coming with the PAU and the overpowered fun cub.
Another 3D Flash Mob at MARCS! I will be there. Flop you must be Santa Claus on summer vacay in Seattle No wonder you fly so dam awesome, it's all that time you've logged flyin your sleigh.
leespaddock is offline Find More Posts by leespaddock
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:42 AM
IT Ninja
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2012
214 Posts
Nice, I'll drop by too.
It just so happens that I also have the copter and the 7D.
Captain Awesome is offline Find More Posts by Captain Awesome
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:47 AM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
I have some family matters to take care of, so I will probably not be able to join the 3D mob group today, but I will try to swing in later before it gets dark. Sunday's are a family day for us.
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:36 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,774 Posts
Just got back from a couple days in CA. Before I left I finished up a LumberWorks Edge 540 30cc (using the Hacker A60 from my retired Vyper). Assuming I get done with a couple honey do's I should be able to make it out today at 4 for the maiden.

Chet, if you want to bring all the pieces by this week we can get your plane back together. It doesn't look like it will be too difficult, might only take an hour or so, depends on the details of the damage.

I'm also about finished converting the Velox from turbine mount to the Schubie electric EDF. I was hoping to finish everything in time for Jets Over Whidbey but was interupted by the need to replace the two 3D birds I lost over the past month, so that's not going to happen. I still plan to attend on Saturday, 8/25. Won't be flying the Spark at the Sanctioned event flying but I probably will during the open flying that starts at 5pm.
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:47 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,774 Posts
It was motioned by Steve and unanimously agreed to by all who flew yesterday: "Best Day of the Year"

The Lumber Works Edge flew fantastic in Flops hands and a little pitchy in mine. It tends to drop a wing at stall, somewhat different then what I'm used to with 3DHS stuff but nothing I can't adjust to. Gotta love that Hacker A60.
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:52 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro bro steve View Post
Took off for lunch and picked up my LED light kit for my small foamy Tims friend sold me . Nice deal for $25. Thanks Tim for the hook up
Dang, lucky dog, Tims friend has yet to get ahold of me, so I gave up on that guy. Sent Tim a couple messages about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK13 View Post
John

You mean 71"?

Joe
Oh, yes! Keep an eye on yours, or it may wind up in my trailer!
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:18 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
Dang, lucky dog, Tims friend has yet to get ahold of me, so I gave up on that guy. Sent Tim a couple messages about it.

Oh, yes! Keep an eye on yours, or it may wind up in my trailer!
John sent you a Pm with Brett contact # Make sure you tell him how long you want the wires to be cut at. He has some made up 20" and 36" now.
pro bro steve is offline Find More Posts by pro bro steve
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:18 PM
This ain't my first rodeo...
United States, WA, Orting
Joined Jan 2010
1,467 Posts
Jealous of all the flying everyone's gettin in. Real work is definitely interfering with my RC! Sorry about the whole light thing, I'm just the messenger. Shoot him a PM and I' sure he'll get you squared away. Hopefully he can have a few extras for HF just in case.

Thank God for crack yaks and MQX's or I wouldn't have gotten any stick time this weekend, sounds like I have bunch of catching up to do to keep up w you guys!

Off to tradeshows in Vegas for a week so just going to have to do my RC'ing vicariously through "The Mob!"
SupaTim is offline Find More Posts by SupaTim
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:23 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro bro steve View Post
John sent you a Pm with Brett contact # Make sure you tell him how long you want the wires to be cut at. He has some made up 20" and 36" now.
Total agree with Steve... I picked up my two sets from Brett on Saturday.
PM Brett, tell him the wing span of your plane and he'll do what you need to get your lights to you.

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is online now Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:25 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,952 Posts
I just ordered a set from twisted hobbies last week figured he wasnt making them.

Ill get a second set from him. Thanks!
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:35 PM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,748 Posts
There was a lot of Fun Cub yesterday. We are looking to do some kind of after hours event. Things that might be fun to do: Hover gaggle, hover handoff, mass KE pass, formation flying, endurance flying, limbo/inverted limbo. Maybe we should organize it as a scavenger hunt. I can ask Hitec if they would donate something to participating pilots as long as we post cool photos/video in some thread.

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345487192.198931.jpg
Views: 40
Size: 198.6 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345487204.331108.jpg
Views: 35
Size: 228.5 KB
Description:
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:49 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
It was motioned by Steve and unanimously agreed to by all who flew yesterday: "Best Day of the Year"

The Lumber Works Edge flew fantastic in Flops hands and a little pitchy in mine. It tends to drop a wing at stall, somewhat different then what I'm used to with 3DHS stuff but nothing I can't adjust to. Gotta love that Hacker A60.
Throw up a picture of your Edge Joe. Sorry I missed yesterday. Still kicking myself but what can you do. Got my 3DH Edge kind of on the bench waiting for a motor. Going 8s on it.
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa