Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:49 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
Here's a hint

let me guess..um its um...oh I got it...A fat Guppy that can't compete with the likes of 1st place winner Hanger 9, second place winner PAU, and third place winner Extreme Flight.!!!

just messing around...don't no one go taking offense that their favorite plane took 7th place.

So one a more serious note, how the hell does one get the wife to not throw a keniption fit everytime a new plane and the thousands that go into building it show up in the garage?
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:51 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa View Post
Thats my dream plane there.
she is a looker thats for sure!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:21 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
let me guess..um its um...oh I got it...A fat Guppy that can't compete with the likes of 1st place winner Hanger 9, second place winner PAU, and third place winner Extreme Flight.!!!
ARRGH! I'm crushed, my high has been brought low, Fat Gubby's and Smelly Sushi, How could I have been so foolish!! Oh well, I have to make the best of it now, I'm stuck with a DA120, brushless servos and an airframe even I will be able to hover, when will the suffering end.

Quote:
So one a more serious note, how the hell does one get the wife to not throw a keniption fit everytime a new plane and the thousands that go into building it show up in the garage?
For me it's always touch and go. I step up and test the water: "hey honey, guess what I have coming in" (always after the fact, I tend to go for forgiveness, not permission). Then I evaluate the reaction to determine my next course of action. Sometimes I'll luck out an get a "that's nice dear" or a brief "money management basics" advisory. But sometimes I find myself frantically trying to stuff everything back in the box so I can get it returned before she figures out where I hid the ammunition.
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:31 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
ARRGH! I'm crushed, my high has been brought low, Fat Gubby's and Smelly Sushi, How could I have been so foolish!! Oh well, I have to make the best of it now, I'm stuck with a DA120, brushless servos and an airframe even I will be able to hover, when will the suffering end.

For me it's always touch and go. I step up and test the water: "hey honey, guess what I have coming in" (always after the fact, I tend to go for forgiveness, not permission). Then I evaluate the reaction to determine my next course of action. Sometimes I'll luck out an get a "that's nice dear" or a brief "money management basics" advisory. But sometimes I find myself frantically trying to stuff everything back in the box so I can get it returned before she figures out where I hid the ammunition.

lol..see thats the thing.
I can afford to go out and buy some new hardware and get it in the garage without TOO many dirty looks and such, but here's the thing.

I did that alot over the last couple years, and its now my turn to get her something shiny and expensive, but I HATE BUYING JEWELRY.

do you know, that for a "Deanna approved" decent pair of diamond earrings (1c per ear), you can build up one heck of a 42% or larger plane with top of the line everything, including a new Futaba 18mz and a trailer to haul it around in?

This is where I am at right now. Payback's a bit*#$@
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:45 PM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
761 Posts
Quote:
lol..see thats the thing.
I can afford to go out and buy some new hardware and get it in the garage without TOO many dirty looks and such, but here's the thing.

I did that alot over the last couple years, and its now my turn to get her something shiny and expensive, but I HATE BUYING JEWELRY.

do you know, that for a "Deanna approved" decent pair of diamond earrings (1c per ear), you can build up one heck of a 42% or larger plane with top of the line everything, including a new Futaba 18mz and a trailer to haul it around in?

This is where I am at right now. Payback's a bit*#$@
DUDE!! two rocks!!!! Look at em, they don't move,,, they don't save lives,,, they don't do jack squat, but stretch out your wife's ear lobes.

Vs.....

42% giant scale CARF Yak 54...
Fly it, play with it, touch it, feel it. In and out of the shop it will always give you stimulation!! It could save lives, and it sure as hell doesn't get old!! Your friends go ..."WOW!!". (and they don't ask. "are they fake??")

Cry, I think your toast!
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:54 PM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
761 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340250864.182198.jpg
Views: 33
Size: 23.3 KB
Description: Huckin with my pooch!
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:11 AM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarpy View Post
DUDE!! two rocks!!!! Look at em, they don't move,,, they don't save lives,,, they don't do jack squat, but stretch out your wife's ear lobes.

Vs.....

42% giant scale CARF Yak 54...
Fly it, play with it, touch it, feel it. In and out of the shop it will always give you stimulation!! It could save lives, and it sure as hell doesn't get old!! Your friends go ..."WOW!!". (and they don't ask. "are they fake??")

Cry, I think your toast!
exactly how I feel.
They just sit there in their ears looking sparkly and whatever.
but to the wearer, its all smiles and feelings of love, etc
and they won't admit this but they love the oohs and ahh's their girlfriends give them over the new sparklies..

well, we have to admit...bring a new plane to the field and the dick is swinging side to side as well..and we want our friends to fondle and oogle over the new plane and shiny engines..

BUT AT LEAST WE CAN FLY THEM, and not just stick something in a hole in our ears.

GRRR!!

I'm just going to get that done, and then get back to sending cash Azhar's way..

Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:15 AM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
oh one thing I forgot...and this is why I love this woman.

she is actively looking for a new SUV, and she asked me do we get a medium sized one and a trailer to haul your toys around in, or a huge SUV that will fit the raven and other planes in like the newer expedition EL's (extra long)

She also told me the other night that she misses doing IMAC with me (she's my caller)

yeah...those 1ct per ear diamonds are something I've just got to do to pay her back for all her support to my hobby.

Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:16 AM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Attachment 4954012 Huckin with my pooch!

lol is the tx around his neck?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:17 AM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
761 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340252222.235401.jpg
Views: 43
Size: 238.2 KB
Description: . Here's a better one.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:19 AM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
761 Posts
He's a good boy. He's thinking. "why the hell is this stupid box around my neck"?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:21 AM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
761 Posts
Ok guys. How fast does your sound software clock my funjet at?
Funjet ultra speed run (1 min 1 sec)
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:38 AM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Ok guys. How fast does your sound software clock my funjet at?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5cDA...e_gdata_player
doppler reading displayed Ludacris speed!!!

Space Balls - Ludicrous Speed (2 min 52 sec)