1,166 Posts
Welcome John
michaelJH is offline Find More Posts by michaelJH
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2011, 08:22 AM
Joined Jan 2009
5 Posts
wenatchee Huckfest

Hey all I just wanted to post this flyer here for all of you to have the invite to the Wenatchee Huckfest.

The Wenatchee Red apple f...
madmoneymike is offline Find More Posts by madmoneymike
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:12 AM
Team Extreme!
Wa, state
Joined Oct 2009
1,166 Posts
I saw that on FG, and it sounds like a blast! We hope to be there.
michaelJH is offline Find More Posts by michaelJH
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:10 AM
Ride Blue
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Well, just wanted to give you all a heads up, I'm going to be selling off most, if not all, of my RC stuff. Due to some health reasons (getting laid up in a hospital and having to take a ton of work time off is a wake up call) as well as being on a limited budget (don't read this as my wife is forcing me to sell my hobby stuff, because she isn't) I'm deciding to move on. I've had a blast, but to be honest haven't had much desire to get out and fly recently. I used to bicycle quite a bit back in the day, and was in great shape - due to an injury I had to stop for an extended period of time and got out of it. So I'm looking to get back into bicycling and would like to raise some funds to do that and get a nice bike and everything that goes along with that (Chris knows how much can be spent on bikes, hehe)

Anyways, just wanted to everyone to know - I hope to pass on some really great deals to everyone locally here, so look for a big post here in this thread with everything I've got - if ya could wait before pm'ing me about specific items until I post. I'm working with Cryhavoc to try and get everything priced correctly, and reasonably. Understand the prices are trying to be priced in a way that benefits you guys, and I'll wait 2-3 weeks before posting anything outside this thread to give everyone a fair shot at it all. I'd rather see you all pick it up, rather than try to make top dollar and sell it to someone I don't even know. Also wanted to thank everyone I've flown with over the last two seasons, I've had a fun time - just having a hard time seeing how much money I've got tied up in stuff that is just collecting dust.

- Jonathan
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:52 AM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen View Post
Well, just wanted to give you all a heads up, I'm going to be selling off most, if not all, of my RC stuff. Due to some health reasons (getting laid up in a hospital and having to take a ton of work time off is a wake up call) as well as being on a limited budget (don't read this as my wife is forcing me to sell my hobby stuff, because she isn't) I'm deciding to move on. I've had a blast, but to be honest haven't had much desire to get out and fly recently. I used to bicycle quite a bit back in the day, and was in great shape - due to an injury I had to stop for an extended period of time and got out of it. So I'm looking to get back into bicycling and would like to raise some funds to do that and get a nice bike and everything that goes along with that (Chris knows how much can be spent on bikes, hehe)

Anyways, just wanted to everyone to know - I hope to pass on some really great deals to everyone locally here, so look for a big post here in this thread with everything I've got - if ya could wait before pm'ing me about specific items until I post. I'm working with Cryhavoc to try and get everything priced correctly, and reasonably. Understand the prices are trying to be priced in a way that benefits you guys, and I'll wait 2-3 weeks before posting anything outside this thread to give everyone a fair shot at it all. I'd rather see you all pick it up, rather than try to make top dollar and sell it to someone I don't even know. Also wanted to thank everyone I've flown with over the last two seasons, I've had a fun time - just having a hard time seeing how much money I've got tied up in stuff that is just collecting dust.

- Jonathan
I have a nice bike (Specialized Big Hit Comp) and I have been looking at the FG8 super maybe we can work out a deal?

vitter
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:56 AM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,706 Posts
Sorry to hear that Jonathan. I do know you have to take care of priorities. Hope your health issues get cleared up.
Steve
stevelmaa is online now Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:11 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,485 Posts
Jonathan,

Sorry to hear you'll be pulling away from the hobby for a while.. but it's great you've made a decision on personal priorities.

Good for you and best of luck.

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:12 PM
Ride Blue
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Price List Preview

• 50cc EG Raven (w/ servos/motor/esc/switch/wing bag + accessories) $700.00 *** Solding Pending Payment/Pickup ***
    • Castle ICE 120 HV ESC
    • 4 x PowerHD 9150 MG servos, and Hitec 7955 TG on Rudder
    • Fromeco Wolverine Switch
    • SpotOn Wingbag
    • Infinite 5045-180 w/ two Xoar Props: 23x10 and 23x8 and SWB Motor standoffs
    • Extra servo wire keeps
    • Castle Link USB (for tuning the ESC)
    • Extra castle Decals
    • Castle Radio Neckstrap (if needed)
All you need to get it in the air is receiver packs, and your main flight packs and a receiver obviously. I think this is a steal of a price. Let me know and I'll get you pictures.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______
  • Chaos 600 (w/ servos/motor/esc/blades/life pack + accessories) $350.00 jriley
    • Phoenixtech 100amp ESC
    • Phoenixtech Motor
    • Phoenixtech Gyro
    • Hyperion Life 1600mAh pack
    • everything else included in the package deal from www.scaleflying.com
This is pretty much assembled and ready to go. All you need is a 6s 5000mah pack and receiver.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________
  • Futaba 8FG Super (w/ fromeco 2600mAh lion pack and SpotOn aftermarket sticks (and originals)) $300.00 Victor
  • Lipo packs - Gens Ace 6s 5300 x 2 $140.00 Azhar
  • iCharger 3010B (w/ charge plug adapters) $150.00
  • Power Supply -Yumo 1000watt 50amp 24volts $150.00
  • 8 channel Rx - Futaba 2.4ghz (R6208SB) - Like New $80.00 Victor
  • 7 channel Rx - Futaba 2.4ghz (R617FS) - Like New $50.00 Joe
  • Sim - Aerofly 5.5 w/ adapter for Futaba/Hitec $150.00
I also have a bunch of misc stuff that I'll toss in with purchases of the above items for very minimal fees as listed below:
  • APP 45 sets (10 sets) + crimpers $15.00
  • APP 75 sets (3 sets) + crimpers $10.00
  • 2s Gens Ace 2200 mAh $1.00
  • Covering Iron w/ iron sock $10.00
  • Lipo checker $10.00
  • Scott Stoops Book $10.00
  • Watt Meter $10.00

I'll be getting pictures up, and probably posting them in my blog - which I'll link to.

Also, in regards to prices - if you don't think they're fair, send me a pm and we'll see if we can work anything out (ie. make me an offer). I'd ideally move this sooner rather than later. I think they are pretty good deals, and have tried to price them as such.
Last edited by jholen; Jul 22, 2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:57 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,485 Posts
PM sent on the Raven...

** Thanks for the pics... She's a good deal for someone, I just need to exercise some fiscal restraint right now.**

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Last edited by xxD-Manxx; Jul 20, 2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 01:35 PM
Ride Blue
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFloth View Post
PM sent on the Raven... might have to put a bird with a bird on it in the air!

D-Man
Pics as requested.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 02:45 PM
Ride Blue
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Also should probably say if you're interested in more than one thing, I'm more than willing to make you a deal. Just send me a pm and we'll see what we can work out. I'm pretty flexible, though don't really want to budge on individual items on their own, as I think the prices are pretty good. Who knows, if you're the least bit interested let me know.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 03:30 PM
Ride Blue
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Pics of the charger/power supply setup. If someone buys both together, I'll throw in the Harbor Freight box, multi-meter, lipo checker, and watt meter for no extra charge. Get all your battery/charging needs for $300.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 04:05 PM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
that power supply is a friggen beast. I used it a couple times last year at the field.
Dual 6s packs charging at 5c without breaking a sweat.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Jul 20, 2011, 04:23 PM
Ride Blue
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
For those with questions regarding the 50cc Raven, Cry can speak for the motor that is installed in it. He flew his first 50cc Electric MX2 with it, and power tested it with me at his house this season.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 06:26 PM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen View Post
For those with questions regarding the 50cc Raven, Cry can speak for the motor that is installed in it. He flew his first 50cc Electric MX2 with it, and power tested it with me at his house this season.
Um yah!
Pulled like a tractor.
Honest no bull that motor, on 12s with those Xoar props will provide a serious amount of thrust.
For you 3d whipper snappers, there's plenty of "get you out of deep sh#$" power.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38