jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2011, 06:14 AM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
This evening was fun Vitter and Flop.
I haven't hung out till 11 with buddies in a loong time.

Jholen, get well soon buddy!

I don't know if I am having sympathy kidney stone pains or just a pulled muscle but I'm up at this ungodly hour because my side hurts now!

Vitter, in reply to your text message. If the weather isn't completely sucky today (raining now) then Cascade for a few hours, otherwise Sunday at Cascade til around 2pm.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Jun 18, 2011, 08:04 AM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,485 Posts
Flaming Geyeser Fun Fly has been postponed

Fellow PNW flyers...

The Flaming Geyser Fun Fly (scheduled for June 25th) has been postponed to sometime in July.
Once a date has been set I'll let everyone know.

Original post can be found here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3192

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Jun 18, 2011, 11:03 AM
Ride Blue
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post

I don't know if I am having sympathy kidney stone pains or just a pulled muscle but I'm up at this ungodly hour because my side hurts now!

Vitter, in reply to your text message. If the weather isn't completely sucky today (raining now) then Cascade for a few hours, otherwise Sunday at Cascade til around 2pm.
Just taking my meds and pissing through a strainer, lol
Old Jun 18, 2011, 01:22 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFloth View Post
Fellow PNW flyers...

The Flaming Geyser Fun Fly (scheduled for June 25th) has been postponed to sometime in July.

Original post can be found here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3192

D-Man
Thanks D-man. Keep us posted.
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Jun 18, 2011, 02:16 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen View Post
How is the big yak coming along Vitter?
slow

Quote:

yup it was a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFloth View Post
Fellow PNW flyers...

D-Man
Thanks for the update. I don't think I will be able to make it in July. July 9th is my B-day and I'm not sure what the wife has up her sleeve and between July 16th to 31st I will be out of town.
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Old Jun 18, 2011, 02:30 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
Yeah, Dfloth, July is likely to be booked with other events. What about keeping the June date and turning it into 'da fellas' fly in?

Vitter, what's the model of that little 3d Heli you were talking about?
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:00 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
Yeah, Dfloth, July is likely to be booked with other events. What about keeping the June date and turning it into 'da fellas' fly in?

Vitter, what's the model of that little 3d Heli you were talking about?
I'd go for a da fellas fly in on the 25th. Already have it reserved.
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:03 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,495 Posts
For the total rookie new to the hobby, the Blade mSR for some one who can fly a plane or fixed pitch heli theBlade mCP X

I have both and love them. I like to use the mCP X to practice 3D moves I'm not comfortable with. When i get in trouble I just hit the throttle hold and let it drop. So far the only damage on many "drops" was a link popped off and was lost in the grass but the give you extras.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 04:06 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitter View Post
For the total rookie new to the hobby, the Blade mSR for some one who can fly a plane or fixed pitch heli theBlade mCP X

I have both and love them. I like to use the mCP X to practice 3D moves I'm not comfortable with. When i get in trouble I just hit the throttle hold and let it drop. So far the only damage on many "drops" was a link popped off and was lost in the grass but the give you extras.
Do you think I could handle the Mcp X? That's pretty inexpensive for the capabilities and no build! If you bought one would you pick up some 'needed' spare parts?
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Jun 18, 2011, 04:56 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
Do you think I could handle the Mcp X? That's pretty inexpensive for the capabilities and no build! If you bought one would you pick up some 'needed' spare parts?
I put Gabe on the buddy box with the MSR and he did good. As for a CP heli I think the MCP X is one of the best CP helis one can get to learn on. It is super stable and so light it wont rip it self apart when you tip over. For parts the Rotor Head Linkage Set and maybe a Feathering Shaft and Blade Set. If you want to test fly it we can buddy box the MCP X.

As I mentioned I have crashed my MCP X many time doing 3D move I need to improve on and so far just a head link got lost in the grass and they give you extras in the kit.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 06:21 PM
Ride Blue
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Yeah been somewhat tempted to pickup one of those micros but would rather steer clear of the RTF tx - so just been sticking to the sim for practicing helicopters.

They do look pretty cool though.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 07:11 PM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
vitter,

you aware of the cpsd recall on the MCP X?

Bulletins
Blade mCP X Main Rotor Head Voluntary Recall Bulletin
Attention Blade mCP X Owners

Horizon Hobby is recalling the Main Rotor Head of the Blade mCP X ultra micro collective pitch helicopter.

Click HERE to see the CSPC recall information

Horizon Product Support has received some reports from customers of Main Blade Grips and Main Rotor Blades releasing from the Main Rotor Head. The released Main Rotor Blades have the potential to strike and injure nearby persons.

Horizon Product Development has updated the Main Rotor Head assembly and is offering the updated assembly free of charge to consumers. Please inspect your Main Blade Grips. If your helicopter does not have a “B” molded into the Main Blade Grips, cease use of your current Main Rotor Head immediately and complete the Blade mCP X Main Rotor Head Replacement Request form linked below.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Jun 18, 2011, 11:14 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,495 Posts
Quote:
vitter,

you aware of the cpsd recall on the MCP X?

Bulletins
Blade mCP X Main Rotor Head Voluntary Recall Bulletin
Attention Blade mCP X Owners

Horizon Hobby is recalling the Main Rotor Head of the Blade mCP X ultra micro collective pitch helicopter.

Click HERE to see the CSPC recall information

Horizon Product Support has received some reports from customers of Main Blade Grips and Main Rotor Blades releasing from the Main Rotor Head. The released Main Rotor Blades have the potential to strike and injure nearby persons.

Horizon Product Development has updated the Main Rotor Head assembly and is offering the updated assembly free of charge to consumers. Please inspect your Main Blade Grips. If your helicopter does not have a B molded into the Main Blade Grips, cease use of your current Main Rotor Head immediately and complete the Blade mCP X Main Rotor Head Replacement Request form linked below.
No and thank you. I just filled out the form and sent it in.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 11:40 PM
Goes to eleven!
Bellingham WA
Joined Mar 2009
1,054 Posts
A favorite of mine too!
Awesome skills - and only 17 years old!

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
This is a great video of Joe Smith with a 71" Slick with 3D/IMAC type combined flying. He is my current favorite flyer. Check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgNi3T3GmCU
JK13 is offline Find More Posts by JK13