HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 13, 2011, 02:49 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2007
543 Posts
I call #14 as a courtesy rule. If the fellow fliers are ok with than it should be ok. When the old geezers are around, well, just dont do it!
Azhar is offline Find More Posts by Azhar
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2011, 02:55 PM
Quadrophenia
egaus's Avatar
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Good call, Azhar.

e
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 02:56 PM
Huckfest or bust!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhar View Post
I call #14 as a courtesy rule. If the fellow fliers are ok with than it should be ok. When the old geezers are around, well, just dont do it!

and just like everyone else in this thread, I absolutely agree with this line of thinking. But its also not only the FOG's that are watching and complaining. The membership body contains alot of "circle flyers" who get very very nervous about their little plane when the 3d/aerobatics guys are doing their thing..

The rule clarification will go something along the lines of

If only one pilot is in the air at any given time, low level, and high speed stuff can be performed at and beyond the 50 foot runway centerline.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 02:57 PM
Huckfest or bust!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by egaus View Post
14. Do NOT perform low level aerobatics, hovering maneuvers, or high-speed passes over the runway.

Gee, that kind of rules out any kind of flying I want to perform or watch performed over the runway. This rule is not to my liking but it seems pretty clear. It also seems pretty clear that it is broken all day just about every day.

And congrats on your third place Chuck, that's pretty cool.

e
Egaus, thank you very much!
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 02:59 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
FlopGun's Avatar
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts


Flop Gun rules of engagement are written for your safety and for that of your team. They are not flexible, nor am I. Either obey them or you are history. Is that clear?
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 03:02 PM
Huckfest or bust!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
"you got the name of that truck driving school? I think I may need that"
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 04:03 PM
Training to be a cage fighter.
bicyclechris's Avatar
Woodinville, WA
Joined Apr 2010
499 Posts
I pretty much fly only in the evenings when the crowds thin out, and the Red Hats are gone. I mind my manners like Billy Quan when they are present.
I haven't had any issues so far this season.

Almost Live! Billy Quan : Five Disks of Death (2 min 34 sec)
bicyclechris is offline Find More Posts by bicyclechris
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 06:07 PM
Got the Slickness
gabrielisrael's Avatar
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
and just like everyone else in this thread, I absolutely agree with this line of thinking. But its also not only the FOG's that are watching and complaining. The membership body contains alot of "circle flyers" who get very very nervous about their little plane when the 3d/aerobatics guys are doing their thing..

The rule clarification will go something along the lines of

If only one pilot is in the air at any given time, low level, and high speed stuff can be performed at and beyond the 50 foot runway centerline.
I would like to say its only the small fast and 3D'ers that break the rules, however I have seen before my very eyes "circle flyer - rule makers" bring their birds in across the runway fast, and right after telling someone not to do it.

Anyway, what about the heli's? They never leave a low flight pattern over the runway, and will fly this with the flight boxes full.... and this is has only been addressed by Bill as far as I have seen, not the "rulemakers."

Lastly, there is no way a electric in any type of flying manuever is louder than a nitro fueled aircraft... sorry, but no way! Oh yah, I forgot, the "rulemakers" fly those too.
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 07:29 PM
Ride Blue
jholen's Avatar
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Helis fly at Marc? I haven't flown much this year, but I can only remember seeing two Heli pilots in my time at Marc.

I'm not even that much into Helis and already from talking with a few local heli people it is fairly well known that Marc isn't very Heli friendly.
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 07:38 PM
Got the Slickness
gabrielisrael's Avatar
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen View Post
Helis fly at Marc? I haven't flown much this year, but I can only remember seeing two Heli pilots in my time at Marc.

I'm not even that much into Helis and already from talking with a few local heli people it is fairly well known that Marc isn't very Heli friendly.
The heli's that I have seen come out later in the afternoon when I am flying, but there have been times during early afternoons. I have been flying at MARC thru the winter at least 1-2 times per week, and recently, at least 2 times per week on average.
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 07:42 PM
Huckfest or bust!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
The heli's that I have seen come out later in the afternoon when I am flying, but there have been times during early afternoons. I have been flying at MARC thru the winter at least 1-2 times per week, and recently, at least 2 times per week on average.
There are a couple hot shot heli pilots that fly at mar/c
Then there are the ok heli pilots just having a bit of fun towards the later evening.

Courtesy amonst every pilot goes a long way to making an outing an enjoyable time. Oh and some tolerance for those things that we do not like. After all, every flying style and machine is part of the hobby to which we all love. Some do it for relaxation, others do it for the thrill.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 07:43 PM
Huckfest or bust!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
I would like to say its only the small fast and 3D'ers that break the rules, however I have seen before my very eyes "circle flyer - rule makers" bring their birds in across the runway fast, and right after telling someone not to do it.

Anyway, what about the heli's? They never leave a low flight pattern over the runway, and will fly this with the flight boxes full.... and this is has only been addressed by Bill as far as I have seen, not the "rulemakers."

Lastly, there is no way a electric in any type of flying manuever is louder than a nitro fueled aircraft... sorry, but no way! Oh yah, I forgot, the "rulemakers" fly those too.
A nitro or gasser at idle, gliding in the air is quieter than a 50cc electric in full throttle knife edge spin



so there is one way..lol

Oh and I'm sure we have all heard a 4s to 6s funjet or stryker absolutely defening our ears when they are ripping the heck out of that tiny prop.
Its just a higher frequency, but its still painfully loud.

SO onto a different topic for a minute.

What are the collective thoughts on all of the first year rules at the new NWEF field?
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Jun 13, 2011 at 07:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 08:03 PM
Got the Slickness
gabrielisrael's Avatar
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
A nitro or gasser at idle, gliding in the air is quieter than a 50cc electric in full throttle knife edge spin



so there is one way..lol

Oh and I'm sure we have all heard a 4s to 6s funjet or stryker absolutely defening our ears when they are ripping the heck out of that tiny prop.
Its just a higher frequency, but its still painfully loud.

SO onto a different topic for a minute.

What are the collective thoughts on all of the first year rules at the new NWEF field?
Our MARC electric group doesnt fly Strykers or noisey EDF's at MARC. Man, you are reminiscing about the good old days at 60 acres when we wore bell bottoms and had afros with the big cheese cutters for hair combs!

"Product Plug" - In fact the new HET Mini Midget Mustang Extreme Power set up comes under the clubs noise levels.

And you are right, at idle they are quieter than an electric knife edge spin... they just dont idle much when flying

Gassers with proper mufflers and props are fine with noise limits arent they? I think so.
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Last edited by gabrielisrael; Jun 13, 2011 at 09:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 08:03 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2007
543 Posts
Gabe,

have you ever heard the high speed electrics, including the edfs?
Azhar is offline Find More Posts by Azhar
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 08:08 PM
Huckfest or bust!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
Our MARC electric group doesnt fly Strykers or noisey EDF's at MARC. Man, you are reminiscing about the good old days at 60 acres when we wore bell bottoms and had afros with the big cheese cutters for hair combs!

"Product Plug" - In fact the new HET Mini Midget Mustang Extreme Power set up comes under the clubs noise levels.

And you are right, at idle they are quieter than an electric knife edge spin... they just dont idle much when flying

Gassers with proper mufflers and props are fine with noise limits arent they? I think so.

I flew a 4s stryker last year at marc...until flop ridiculed me for pulling out a cheesy wing.


Azhar, I have that package for you. I forget the guy's name, but he handed it to me to be delivered to you.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 3DHS Aspera - p/u only, Seattle or Portland Earthbound Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Feb 26, 2009 07:16 PM
Cool seattle area pilots b36roxs Slope 0 Jul 26, 2008 12:32 PM
A Few Wood Built-up 3D Planes in the Seattle Area xwingnut Non R/C Items (FS/W) 4 Jan 07, 2008 07:12 PM
Sold Parkzone Typhoon 3D (Seattle area only) price reduced to $100 corsha99 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Feb 04, 2007 11:44 AM
Seattle Area Pilots, lets fly this weekend Todd Long Electric Plane Talk 9 Sep 08, 2001 03:40 AM