HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 06, 2011, 01:04 AM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Another day of practice out at cascade.
No wind and only three other flyers out there including Azhar.

Had the place all to ourselves.

The big bird's DA-170 is starting to loosen up, according to Azhar, so the prop is ripping! Makes such a cool sound in the air, but I could get docked for the prop noise.
Guess I'll have to back off the throttle on straight and level for now. That engine is producing great power.

One more practice day on Thursday and then my first imac comp this coming weekend in Oly.

Wish me luck! I hope to at least score better than Pro Bo Steve!

Any of the marc fella's want to come down to Oly and cheer me on Saturday or Sunday, It would be most welcome.
I wouldn't mind a pit biotch, er buddy to assist Deanna and I.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Jun 06, 2011 at 01:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2011, 01:12 AM
Ride Blue
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
Any of the marc fella's want to come down to Oly and cheer me on Saturday or Sunday, It would be most welcome.
I wouldn't mind a pit biotch, er buddy to assist me and Deanna
You know I wouldn't mind one bit, but can't because of work. Work had me up 48 hours on only 2 hours sleep this week, so we'll see. Working to find another job - but that isn't the easiest thing these days (especially one that pays as well and more importantly has the same or similar benefits)

With that crap outta the way, good luck at Oly! I'm sure all your practice will pay off.
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Old Jun 06, 2011, 01:14 AM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen View Post
You know I wouldn't mind one bit, but can't because of work. Work had me up 48 hours on only 2 hours sleep this week, so we'll see. Working to find another job - but that isn't the easiest thing these days (especially one that pays as well and more importantly has the same or similar benefits)

With that crap outta the way, good luck at Oly! I'm sure all your practice will pay off.
F'ing brutal my friend.
That will kill you or make you lose your hair.
Oh wait!..better back off the hours quick!!

I know you are being hammered with the hours, but if you can make it, I'd certainly welcome the company.

We are also flying at the contest in Wenatchee at the end of this month. Sat and Sunday. Will be traveling on Friday, check in at the hotel, and then go to some local wineries and such.
attendee's who wish to check out a contest and also see what the huckfest grounds will look like are very welcome.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 01:22 AM
Ride Blue
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Wasn't my choice - I called in and took a vacation day off. That was at 4:30pm - got a call at 11:20pm as I was going to bed that I had to report to work. Needless to say, I wans't quite happy, especially because it was the supervisor's fault that I had to report back to work. She was in the wrong for approving the vacation, so in her moment of sheer intelligence decided to call me back in to correct her f up. Haven't spoken a single word to her since then, hehe - hopefully I'll get some overtime compensation through the guild. Just another added frustration - sad thing is, we have a good crew. Just lot of little things going wrong at work that disrupts that.

happens. Just made this week more of a catch up week more than anything else, oh well. Enjoy some of the weather on Friday, and got to see some large helis fly down in Kent which was sweet.

Glad everyone got some good flying in. Sounds like Dave got some flights in on the Sbach? Hope you're enjoying it, and welcome to 30cc! Bigger, in my opinion, really is better.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 01:29 AM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen View Post
Wasn't my choice - I called in and took a vacation day off. That was at 4:30pm - got a call at 11:20pm as I was going to bed that I had to report to work. Needless to say, I wans't quite happy, especially because it was the supervisor's fault that I had to report back to work. She was in the wrong for approving the vacation, so in her moment of sheer intelligence decided to call me back in to correct her f up. Haven't spoken a single word to her since then, hehe - hopefully I'll get some overtime compensation through the guild. Just another added frustration - sad thing is, we have a good crew. Just lot of little things going wrong at work that disrupts that.

happens. Just made this week more of a catch up week more than anything else, oh well. Enjoy some of the weather on Friday, and got to see some large helis fly down in Kent which was sweet.

Glad everyone got some good flying in. Sounds like Dave got some flights in on the Sbach? Hope you're enjoying it, and welcome to 30cc! Bigger, in my opinion, really is better.
it is! Up until Azhar tweeks your setup and reduces the low rate throughs to such an extreme that my muscle memory was telling me that the plane won't turn! Man its a big difference from Stick banging throws to proper imac movements. Takes some serious getting used to
Old Jun 07, 2011, 09:59 PM
Well then, a taste it shall be
Joined May 2011
108 Posts
Who all is planning on flying on saturday? weather is looking good for the weekend!
yosemitesam is offline Find More Posts by yosemitesam
Old Jun 07, 2011, 10:35 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemitesam View Post
Who all is planning on flying on saturday? weather is looking good for the weekend!
Right now, I am looking at flying Thursday night...
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Old Jun 07, 2011, 10:38 PM
Joined May 2011
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
Right now, I am looking at flying Thursday night...
I will try to make it out on thrusday. I went down there tonight and paid the $40 to renew my membership so I'm legit to fly there. I should have the Su-31 cry gave me all done on friday night when the parts get in so I am going to fly that badboy on saturday. Show you fella's how 3dizzle is done.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 10:39 PM
Joined May 2011
108 Posts
Anyone watch the mini midget mustang vid that baj posted?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1451303
Old Jun 08, 2011, 01:28 AM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
something followed me home.
I tried to resist taking it in. I really did!
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Jun 10, 2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old Jun 08, 2011, 12:10 PM
Ride Blue
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
something followed me home.
I tried to resist taking it in. I really did!
lol, what a bs line

Good to see no VVRC planes in your Hangar now. You can bet they won't see any of my business.
Old Jun 08, 2011, 12:40 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,593 Posts
Fun Fly at Flaming Geyser State Park - Sometime in July

Note: This event has been postponed to sometime in July.
I'll let y'all know as soon as a date has been set.

Greetings fellow PNW fliers..

Anyone with a current AMA is invited to the Flaming Geyser Fliers Fun Fly sometime in July.

Details:
- Date: Sometime in July
- Flying Time: 10:00am (to 6:00pm for fuel. To 9:00pm for Electric)
- Address: 23700 Southeast Flaming Geyser Road Seattle, Washington 98092 (FGF is 7 miles East of Auburn)
- All pilots must post a current AMA card. (Park Flier AMA and Full AMA acceptable)
- Lunch will be available at a nominal cost
- Aircraft noise: Must be under 89db
- Aircraft weight: 20lbs or less
- Electricity: No outlets will be available during the fun fly. Please bring alternative ways to charge your gear.
- NO LANDING FEE
- FGF is 3D friendly!

Flaming Geyser Fliers link: http://www.flaminggeyserflyers.com/about.asp
Flaming Geyser State Park link: http://www.stateparks.com/flaming_geyser.html

Note**
This will be a perfect time to see and fly the field before the Discover Pass is required to use state land starting July 1st 2011. Discover Pass link: http://www.discoverpass.wa.gov/

I really hope to see some of the regulars who post here.
Y'all need to come on out, see the field and show off your flying skill at our
beautiful field!

You have specific questions? Please send me a pm.

See ya there,
D-Man
xxD-Manxx is online now Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Last edited by xxD-Manxx; Jun 18, 2011 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Event postponed
Old Jun 08, 2011, 12:56 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFloth View Post
Greetings fellow PNW fliers..

Anyone with a current AMA is invited to the Flaming Geyser Fliers Fun Fly on Saturday June 25th.

Details:
- Date: Saturday June 25th (as stated above)
- Flying Time: 10:00am (to 6:00pm for fuel. To 8:30pm for Electric)
- Address: 23700 Southeast Flaming Geyser Road Seattle, Washington 98092 (FGF is 7 miles East of Auburn)
- FGF is 3D friendly!
- NO LANDING FEE
- BBQ lunch available at a nominal cost
- Aircraft noise: Must be at or under 89db
- Aircraft weight: 18lb or less
- Electricity: No outlets will be available during the fun fly. Please bring alternative ways to charge your gear.
- All pilots must show a current AMA card. (Park Flier AMA and Full AMA acceptable)

Flaming Geyser Fliers link: http://www.flaminggeyserflyers.com/about.asp
Flaming Geyser State Park link: http://www.stateparks.com/flaming_geyser.html

Note**
This will be a perfect time to see and fly the field before the Discover Pass is required to use state land starting July 1st 2011. Discover Pass link: http://www.discoverpass.wa.gov/

I really hope to see some of the regulars who post here.
Y'all need to come on out, see the field and show off your flying skill at our
beautiful field!

You have specific questions? Please send me a pm.

See ya there,
D-Man
Sounds like a good time!

I'm in
Vitter
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Old Jun 08, 2011, 12:59 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitter View Post
Sounds like a good time!

I'm in
Vitter
Right on Vittter!

It will be a great time esp if we get good turnout from this group.

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is online now Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Jun 08, 2011, 01:11 PM
ex-noob
Sammamish, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2010
2,424 Posts
I'd love to be there but will be out of town on vacation.

Make sure to keep em right side up.
Lardog is offline Find More Posts by Lardog