Old Feb 11, 2011, 01:47 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen View Post
John,

What is your experience with the Fusion line of DWFoamies?
I call mine the Johnny DEPP! lol

#1 it's the easiest build ever.
#2 flies 98% as good as 100% Depron 40" which is the best outdoor foamy on the market imho.
#3 resilient

The EPP is on the nose and the bottom half of fuse and absorbs impacts. what happens a lot with a depron nose-in crash is the fuse breaks just behind the wing and sometimes the motor mount gets damaged, not so with "the DEPP"

Come on over to the Expo and check it out!
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2011, 03:01 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
so whats the skinny on the NWEF booth being told they couldnt be where they setup at, and then Lon didn't like the new location so he packed up and went home?

You guys that were there..what was the story with him having to change locations?
I thought the locations were assigned.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Feb 11, 2011, 03:13 PM
Ride Blue
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Recovering from a cold, damn airports/planes/tons of kids.

I think for my health and more so for my wallet I'm gonna skip the expo this year
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Old Feb 11, 2011, 03:22 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
OK, Vitter, I got lots of cool stuff, 28" Skua Biplane, 32" Juka Pro, the DW Threlon Micro 3D plane, a 40" DW Sukhoi, Yak 55 and some others like the EPP Fuzion plane DW and also Azhars Yak. Some will be display only. Maybe bring an extra RX if you want to try 'em out.

This Threlon is too cool, uses a 2S 180mah pack. I asked him how it compared to the micro 4site and he laughed -- no comparison, the Threlon flies like a 40"!

Vitter, no need on those 1300s, I got plenty, I was just wondering if Cry needed any.

Cry I test flew the Extra and it's flying pure. Should fly a lot like your 35%.
Which extra Flop?
Old Feb 11, 2011, 03:40 PM
Ride Blue
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
His 40" Extra 300

http://www.depronwest.com/index.php?...art&Itemid=343
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Old Feb 11, 2011, 06:17 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
That's not his, that's mine! -Literally!
Name: DSC08133.jpg
Views: 52
Size: 52.4 KB
Description:
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Old Feb 11, 2011, 08:40 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Daniel,

Do you guys just spray paint your planes with a tape stencil for the design? You and your brother (?) have some of the best looking DWs I see! Nice job.

e
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Last edited by egaus; Feb 11, 2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 03:31 AM
Training to be a cage fighter.
Woodinville, WA
Joined Apr 2010
499 Posts
I spoke with Lon today and here's the skinny on the NWEF booth at the expo.
Lon had been communicating with the director of the event for a couple of months,
and he had been promised a booth at the expo, a table in the swap meet section, and 4
VIP passes for club members to man the booth and the swap meet table.
Lon had invested quite a bit of money in this, having posters made and t-shirts for sale.
Lon got up at 4am friday, arrived early and set up the NWEF booth. He had brought his HDTV for videos, as well as his other stuff. He had set up the TV a bit off to the side to avoid crowding at the booth so the traffic flow would be smooth.
Later on (I don't know what time of day) The event staff asked him to pack up and move the booth to a smaller table. This space was far from adequate room for what Lon had brought with him to present. Also, use of the swap meet table was revoked. All swap meet space had been sold out. Lastly, the 4 promised VIP passes had been revoked, so that staff members who were coming to sit and man the stations all day would have to wait in line and pay the entry fee.

The event coordinators did not seem to honor their word by changing the arrangements for the NWEF club presence at the last minute. Lon took time to carefully make a decision, and he decided not to stay at the expo. I can understand that organizing an event like this isn't easy, and that being overbooked is a good problem to have for the event organizers. I wasn't there and I don't know all of the factors of the equation, but it was indeed an unfortunate turn of events.
bicyclechris is offline Find More Posts by bicyclechris
Old Feb 12, 2011, 03:00 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen View Post
Recovering from a cold, damn airports/planes/tons of kids.

I think for my health and more so for my wallet I'm gonna skip the expo this year
Feel better soon bud!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 03:01 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicyclechris View Post
Lon had been communicating with the director of the event for a couple of months,
and he had been promised a booth at the expo, a table in the swap meet section, and 4
Lon had invested quite a bit of money in this, having posters made and t-shirts for sale.
Lon got up at 4am friday, arrived early and set up the NWEF booth. He had brought his HDTV for videos, as well as his other stuff. He had set up the TV a bit off to the side to avoid crowding at the booth so the traffic flow would be smooth.
Later on (I don't know what time of day) The event staff asked him to pack up and move the booth to a smaller table. This space was far from adequate room for what Lon had brought with him to present. Also, use of the swap meet table was revoked. All swap meet space had been sold out. Lastly, the 4 promised VIP passes had been revoked, so that staff members who were coming to sit and man the stations all day would have to wait in line and pay the entry fee.

The event coordinators did not seem to honor their word by changing the arrangements for the NWEF club presence at the last minute. Lon took time to carefully make a decision, and he decided not to stay at the expo. I can understand that organizing an event like this isn't easy, and that being overbooked is a good problem to have for the event organizers. I wasn't there and I don't know all of the factors of the equation, but it was indeed an unfortunate turn of events.

Well that sucks...Wonder if Lon got everything in writing or if it was a gentleman's agreement and the other guy wasn't a gentleman!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:33 PM
Team Extreme!
Wa, state
Joined Oct 2009
1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicyclechris View Post

Hmmm... Maybe it is a good thing I could not make it. John Fogleman (show director) was trying to get me to come down and show/sell all the lights. He offered me a front row both for free and all sorts of other things. Guess it was a good thing I did not take it! I hope you guys had fun though and hopfelly Azhars experience is better than that^^^.
michaelJH is offline Find More Posts by michaelJH
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:45 PM
Training to be a cage fighter.
Woodinville, WA
Joined Apr 2010
499 Posts
Robert went to the expo and said that he had a lot of fun. He picked up some sweet anodized servo arms and aluminum wheels from Azhar. When I build my 71" plane I think I'll do the same, those accessories and equipment that he sells look fantastic! He also said that Flopgun put on an amazing show with an Extreme Flight 3D plane that was astonishing! He was impressed with some of the daring moves that he performed on a plane that he had never flown before. I wish I could have seen it.
bicyclechris is offline Find More Posts by bicyclechris
Last edited by bicyclechris; Feb 13, 2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:00 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
eguas, yes, we paint our DW foamies with spray cans and paper/tape templates that we cut out ourselves. Glad you like them!

Looks like ya'all had a blast at the show! Looking forward to videos of your flying Flop!
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:02 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
Deanna and I are getting ready to head over to the show.
Spoke with Flop and I want to check out that new micro DW foamy!

Hope to see some of the fella's there today!
its been a long time.