SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 05, 2010, 01:06 AM
Ride Blue
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Anyone flying on 7/5 since they have the day off?
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2010, 09:27 AM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen View Post
Anyone flying on 7/5 since they have the day off?
I don't have the day off, but I may head over to 60 acres if its open sometime after work, and a couple honeydo's.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Jul 08, 2010, 12:47 AM
Ride Blue
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Looks like there is some "scale fly-in" at marymoor this saturday.

Ugh.

http://www.nwef.org/forum/view-postl...rday-july-10th

Sounds like open flying won't be allowed until 3pm.

I know there had been some talk about getting together there this Saturday - ideas for another field, or just meet after 3pm?
Old Jul 08, 2010, 11:04 AM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen View Post
Looks like there is some "scale fly-in" at marymoor this saturday.

Ugh.

http://www.nwef.org/forum/view-postl...rday-july-10th

Sounds like open flying won't be allowed until 3pm.

I know there had been some talk about getting together there this Saturday - ideas for another field, or just meet after 3pm?
wouldn't want to fly late morning to mid afternoon there anyways.
the sun is right in ones eyes during that timeframe.
Sounds like it could be a great day for some afternoon/evening flying.
Old Jul 08, 2010, 02:06 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,950 Posts
I'm up for it! Might be fun to get there a little early to check out the warturds.

Also, Extras and Yaks are scale so you could always fly as part of the fly-in. Sorry for you guys with Vypers......
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Jul 08, 2010, 02:22 PM
Washington
Joined Apr 2010
46 Posts
Wow, lots of local guys. I have a 3DHS 42" Slick and love it. Definately one of my all time favorite planes. I fly the Slick at one of the local schools near my place in Everett. I do most of my flying at Cascade in Snohomish though.
vwchad is offline Find More Posts by vwchad
Old Jul 08, 2010, 02:50 PM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwchad View Post
Wow, lots of local guys. I have a 3DHS 42" Slick and love it. Definately one of my all time favorite planes. I fly the Slick at one of the local schools near my place in Everett. I do most of my flying at Cascade in Snohomish though.
come on out to Marymoor on Saturday. The Rcgroups clan tends to hang out on the far right side of the field, space permitting.
Saturday is a day where non members can fly

Bring your plane and lets do some flying.
Old Jul 08, 2010, 05:18 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,491 Posts
Welcome to the group Chad. I want to check Cascade out some time.

I will be gone camping this Saturday and Sunday but I will be at Marymoor tonight and Friday night. (If you come out on this Friday be sure to bring me a birthday gift )

vitter
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Old Jul 08, 2010, 09:43 PM
Washington
Joined Apr 2010
46 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome and invite guys. I've been a bit busy the last few weeks with a new baby so I haven't had any time to fly and I'm not sure when I'll get the chance next. I've been getting my fix (almost) with my micro 4 Site in the yard, but its just not enough. Marymoor is a bit of a drive for me but I may have to make it a point to go one of these days. Its been years since I've flown there.

Vitter,
I'd be happy to have you join me at Cascade one day. It's generally acceptable to have someone out as a guest once or twice to try the field. We've had issues in the past with freeloaders, so we just try to be respectful of the owner and other members. Its a great place to fly with gobs of runway and open space. It may sound odd, but it usually takes people a little while to get used to that much space!
Old Jul 08, 2010, 10:07 PM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the warm welcome and invite guys. I've been a bit busy the last few weeks with a new baby so I haven't had any time to fly and I'm not sure when I'll get the chance next. I've been getting my fix (almost) with my micro 4 Site in the yard, but its just not enough. Marymoor is a bit of a drive for me but I may have to make it a point to go one of these days. Its been years since I've flown there.

Vitter,
I'd be happy to have you join me at Cascade one day. It's generally acceptable to have someone out as a guest once or twice to try the field. We've had issues in the past with freeloaders, so we just try to be respectful of the owner and other members. Its a great place to fly with gobs of runway and open space. It may sound odd, but it usually takes people a little while to get used to that much space!
Ah Cascade Heli field. I know Dave Kelly (the owner of rc hobbies Woodinville)

He's mentioned Cascade a few times to me.
Vitter, thats near you isn't it?

VWCHAD, I take it its not a Heli only field then correct?
Old Jul 09, 2010, 12:33 AM
Ride Blue
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Alright so sounds like everyone is still down for Sat? I'll plan on showing up around 2-3pm or so. We should bring one of those pop-up shelters for some shade, and some cool drinks!

Quote:
Ok I contacted Everett and he confrimed that the only flying allowed during the event will be restricted to those planes/pilots participating. After the event it's open flying of course. And he also added that it will probably wrap up earlier than scheduled and if so open flying can start then
Sounds like it'll wrap up most likley before 3 pm anyways.
Old Jul 09, 2010, 09:50 AM
Washington
Joined Apr 2010
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
Ah Cascade Heli field. I know Dave Kelly (the owner of rc hobbies Woodinville)

He's mentioned Cascade a few times to me.
Vitter, thats near you isn't it?

VWCHAD, I take it its not a Heli only field then correct?
We are talking about two different fields, actually. I fly at Cascade Family Airpark, not the Cascade heli field. My field is located between Snohomish and Monroe in the middle of the flats. We have 2 runways. The primary runway runs east/west, parallel to the RR tracks, and is about 2000 ft long and 50+ feet wide. My little 42" Slick looks lost on such a huge runway. My 30% Hempel Yak 55 is right at home though.
Old Jul 09, 2010, 10:29 AM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
We are talking about two different fields, actually. I fly at Cascade Family Airpark, not the Cascade heli field. My field is located between Snohomish and Monroe in the middle of the flats. We have 2 runways. The primary runway runs east/west, parallel to the RR tracks, and is about 2000 ft long and 50+ feet wide. My little 42" Slick looks lost on such a huge runway. My 30% Hempel Yak 55 is right at home though.
That makes sense.

I didn't see a web site for that airfield using the ol trusty google.

do you have membership information for that field or perhaps a link to check things out?
thanks
Old Jul 09, 2010, 10:31 AM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,491 Posts
Eric

Good to see you last night. your Viper is sweet and nice flying btw

Chad

Congratulation on the new baby. Yup, Cascade Family Air park is the place I want to check out. I have been told its a beautiful field and I live in Maltby so its nice and close. I noticed the web site is down ( cascadefamilyflyers.com ) I the club still alive?

vitter
Old Jul 09, 2010, 10:33 AM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
That makes sense.

I didn't see a web site for that airfield using the ol trusty google.

do you have membership information for that field or perhaps a link to check things out?
thanks
When I first looked in to it a few years ago it was $200 member ship. IDK if it still the same.

vitter