HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:50 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
How about a fathers day huck at Marymoor or other field?

I've already stated to the family, that I want fathers day to fly morning through the evening.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:16 AM
Ride Blue
jholen's Avatar
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Damn I'm jealous - wished I could have made it this weekend. That big MX2 looks awesome!

So I take it you guys all joined the club? It's just $40.00 right?
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:40 AM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen View Post
Damn I'm jealous - wished I could have made it this weekend. That big MX2 looks awesome!

So I take it you guys all joined the club? It's just $40.00 right?
$40 and a copy of your current AMA card.

I haven't joined yet, but I brought my application, copy of the card and a check for $40 yesterday just in case I ran into a club officer to hand the items to.

I'm going to mail the items in tomorrow.

Saturdays is a public day. I'll be a member by mid week though.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 06:35 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Vitter's Avatar
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmattox View Post
Ok yesterday at Marymoore The guy with the 70" Redbull Slick helped me with some 3D with my flatfoam but I cant remember his name. Terrible with names. We talked about 3DHS planes so I have decided on either the 46" vyper or 42" slick. Can I get all your input on which would be better plane or are they pretty equal? My flying style will be aggressive 3D. Also would the combo kits be all I need or would I eventually need to upgrade the power system? All input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Seth

Edit: So I found the pic of the redbull slick so That's Vitter's plane Thanks bro for the help satday.
Hey Seth,

Glad to help any time

The Vyper is more precision/3D and the Slick is more aggressive 3D
Just get the one you like the looks of most and I promise you will be happy. The combos are tested and perform well.

vitter
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 06:52 AM
Ride Blue
jholen's Avatar
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Quiet RC Flying, website located out of Bellevue, that is closing is selling a bunch of their inventory. Bought some misc parts from him, and met him in Bellevue today. He said he has a unboxed 3DHS 57" Extra - not advertised on his website as he has no box to ship it, for sale. I asked him how much - he mentioned $220. Figured if anyone would be interested. Sounds like a good deal - 3DHS has it listed at $269.99

Also has these on his website:

http://www.quietrcflying.com/Product...-CAP232-25-R07

and

http://www.quietrcflying.com/Product...HP-SU31-25-B07

Any of these worth snatching up real quick and saving till I'm ready for balsa? Though, I am still remembering 3DHS is coming out with their $99 buck huck.
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 01:39 AM
Sleep, Fly, Eat, Fly, Build
viperjody's Avatar
USA, WA, Maple Valley
Joined Jun 2009
275 Posts
Some pics from the fly-in at 60-acres!
viperjody is offline Find More Posts by viperjody
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:27 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
That was a great day..Couldn't have asked for better weather and the turn out was fantastic. Food was pretty darn good too.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:28 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen View Post
Quiet RC Flying, website located out of Bellevue, that is closing is selling a bunch of their inventory. Bought some misc parts from him, and met him in Bellevue today. He said he has a unboxed 3DHS 57" Extra - not advertised on his website as he has no box to ship it, for sale. I asked him how much - he mentioned $220. Figured if anyone would be interested. Sounds like a good deal - 3DHS has it listed at $269.99

Also has these on his website:

http://www.quietrcflying.com/Product...-CAP232-25-R07

and

http://www.quietrcflying.com/Product...HP-SU31-25-B07

Any of these worth snatching up real quick and saving till I'm ready for balsa? Though, I am still remembering 3DHS is coming out with their $99 buck huck.
The Hyp Cap 232 is a fun flyer, but they were notorious for snapping the LG off if the flyer landed on grass. Good price though and worth getting but beef up the landing gear area.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 05:21 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
60 acres is going to be open this weekend for flying.
King CO is allowing flying/low impact use over the Soccer Associations objections.
Soccer has yet to start, so we get to use the field

Wahoo!
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:17 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
FlopGun's Avatar
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
That could setup a Father's day Fun Fly!
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:28 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
That could setup a Father's day Fun Fly!
Hit or miss for the weekend.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Jul 08, 2010 at 11:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:31 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Vitter's Avatar
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
60 acres is going to be open this weekend for flying.
King CO is allowing flying/low impact use over the Soccer Associations objections.
Soccer has yet to start, so we get to use the field

Wahoo!
Hey Chuck

Just talked to Lon about 60 acres and we can fly now. Chet and my self are going to 60 acres tonight. If the weather holds for tomorrow I will fly on Saturday but I think im stuck with a Father in-law BBQ on Sunday.

Vitter
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:29 PM
Registered User
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,758 Posts
I'm going saturday with my Pop since he is in town visiting. Hope to see some people there.
Steve
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 08:23 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitter View Post
Hey Chuck

Just talked to Lon about 60 acres and we can fly now. Chet and my self are going to 60 acres tonight. If the weather holds for tomorrow I will fly on Saturday but I think im stuck with a Father in-law BBQ on Sunday.

Vitter
Charging up batteries right now. Going to bring out the 50cc MX2 and the slick 51, along with my goto extra 330sc
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 08:23 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa View Post
I'm going saturday with my Pop since he is in town visiting. Hope to see some people there.
Steve
Steve, Marymoor or 60 acres. If 60 acres is clear tomorrow as planned, then I will go there instead of Marymoor.

Hope to see you and your pop out there.

Chuck
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 3DHS Aspera - p/u only, Seattle or Portland Earthbound Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Feb 26, 2009 08:16 PM
Cool seattle area pilots b36roxs Slope 0 Jul 26, 2008 01:32 PM
A Few Wood Built-up 3D Planes in the Seattle Area xwingnut Non R/C Items (FS/W) 4 Jan 07, 2008 08:12 PM
Sold Parkzone Typhoon 3D (Seattle area only) price reduced to $100 corsha99 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Feb 04, 2007 12:44 PM
Seattle Area Pilots, lets fly this weekend Todd Long Electric Plane Talk 9 Sep 08, 2001 04:40 AM