SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 05, 2010, 01:57 AM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
Viper, are you sure that will be huge? From the web site it looks like kind of a invitational for the flaming g club?

Jholen, 4 pm is going to be a bit late for me, by that time I'll be in more of this kind of mood.....

Kelly's Heroes Oddball Takes a Rest (0 min 44 sec)
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2010, 03:46 AM
Ride Blue
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
Viper, are you sure that will be huge? From the web site it looks like kind of a invitational for the flaming g club?

Jholen, 4 pm is going to be a bit late for me, by that time I'll be in more of this kind of mood.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5cL-h3Pj1o
930-10am sound better?
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Old Jun 08, 2010, 05:26 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,515 Posts
Marymoor

Hey guys

A group of us from NWEF.org have been flying at Marymoor week days after work from about 6:00pm to dark. So far in 5 trips out to Marymoor I am the only 3D guy Lets rally the 3D troops! Weather looks bad this week but Saturday is looking good.

Who is coming with me?

vitter
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Old Jun 08, 2010, 05:30 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,759 Posts
Wish I could but am tied up this weekend with the wife's birthday party. Hope to try it out the following weekend though.
Steve
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Jun 08, 2010, 07:38 PM
Joined Feb 2010
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitter View Post
Hey guys

A group of us from NWEF.org have been flying at Marymoor week days after work from about 6:00pm to dark. So far in 5 trips out to Marymoor I am the only 3D guy Lets rally the 3D troops! Weather looks bad this week but Saturday is looking good.

Who is coming with me?

vitter
I should be able to make it!
ledbed6b is offline Find More Posts by ledbed6b
Old Jun 08, 2010, 08:48 PM
Ride Blue
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Just got my planes in today - other parts should be coming tomorrow or friday - hopefully should have atleast one ready to go. What time Saturday you thinking of heading out there? I was there last Saturday but no 3d people showed up (not that I had anything to fly) - just big gassers and other people flying 40 sized trainers.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 09:44 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,515 Posts
A group of us will be there tomorrow around 10am till dusk

vitter
Last edited by Vitter; Jun 11, 2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 02:40 AM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
I'll be there. Just finished the 51" slick and the 3dhs edge 540.
Charged up a ton of packs and should be there before noon.

I'm also going to bring the marymoor rc club application and a check to join up if there is a club officer around.

Looking forward to flying something as its been a couple weeks since I last flew.

Vit, who's all coming?
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Jun 12, 2010, 03:53 AM
Ride Blue
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Would like to come, but won't make it - gotta get some sleep and already told the wife I'd take her out tonight.

What about next week? We gonna make it this a regular weekly fly-in? Should have my larger Yak built by next weekend.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 02:54 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,515 Posts
Yesterday at Marymoor

We need to plan the next one.
vitter
Old Jun 13, 2010, 06:49 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
and a few more from yesterday at Marymoor
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Jun 13, 2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:52 PM
Renton
Joined Jan 2009
78 Posts
Hey Ledbed,
the cedar park is actually ROn Regis park and I fly there often when avail. As far as Lake Sawyer Hawks field, I also belong there and most of the time I am the only one flying. 3D is great here because it's on top of a land fill and everything slopes down around the runway so you can 3D lower than your eye site which is unique. I have 3D foams and EDF jets which fly great there. However there is no gas motors at this time. I am currently looking at the 3D hobbies line up to get into a bigger plane. Are you familiar with the Vyper 46" or Slick 42". Watched a slick 70 this weekend and was in love but a bit big for my first wood 3D plane I think. Any suggestions will help. The reason I am looking at 3DHS is the pilot was really snapping this thing around in tumbles and it looks really good quality which I will need to perform that type of 3D.
sethmattox is offline Find More Posts by sethmattox
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:00 PM
Renton
Joined Jan 2009
78 Posts
Ok yesterday at Marymoore The guy with the 70" Redbull Slick helped me with some 3D with my flatfoam but I cant remember his name. Terrible with names. We talked about 3DHS planes so I have decided on either the 46" vyper or 42" slick. Can I get all your input on which would be better plane or are they pretty equal? My flying style will be aggressive 3D. Also would the combo kits be all I need or would I eventually need to upgrade the power system? All input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Seth

Edit: So I found the pic of the redbull slick so That's Vitter's plane Thanks bro for the help satday.
sethmattox is offline Find More Posts by sethmattox
Last edited by sethmattox; Jun 13, 2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:24 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
Wow, that looks like a lot of fun and a lot of planes, man I missed out.... I'll be back for the next one.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:32 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,759 Posts
Same here.
Steve
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa