HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2010, 08:22 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
well I would try a different type of foam.... or maybe just put some tape over it .. unless you want to hear the motor.. maybe some type of V shaped deflector? like a piece of tape joined together to make a V then spread out and taped to the body of the camera , without covering the camera lens or mic slot.....
the few videos I have made so far... of me crashing.... I did not notice a ton of wind noise..
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2010, 09:02 PM
Twisted and Confused
Joined May 2003
4,353 Posts
I've been told that if you tape a small piece of sticky tape over the mic that it stops the wind noise but you still pick anything else up. A (motor) biker told me this as they use helmet/handle cams.

Never tried it myself as there's not much on a slope that you really want to hear so I just mute it out and put music over the top. Might try it next time if I remember.

Steve
flyonline is offline Find More Posts by flyonline
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:26 AM
Joined Jun 2010
7 Posts
I used a v piece to act as a defender as advisedand has worked a lot better than the foam with regards to the wind problem that i had.
From what i would say was a flat battery as the camera would not switch on when the button was pressed i gave it a 2 hour charge.
I have a 4gb mini sd card fitted.
I then went out on the bike to record some footage.
When i got home and put the files on the pc i noticed the following.
As the camera autmatically stops recording after 30 minutes & then restarts another recording file i have now 2 video files as listed below.
Video file # one 2.5Gb in size & 30 minutes duration.
Video file # two 28Mb in size & 21 seconds duration.
Going by the above results would you say that the battery could of done with leaving it on charge for a little longer.
I am not sure how long the video recording should be when using a 4Gb memory card but as i have about another 1Gb free recording space left on the card i can only think of the battery charge state was incorrect.
As you know the instructions are not very good so you need to experiment.

Any advice welcome.
ipbr21054 is offline Find More Posts by ipbr21054
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:20 AM
Joined Jun 2010
7 Posts
Just an update for those reading this thread.
With my 4Gb memory card and a 3 hour charge i am able to record 43 minutes of recording video with 500Kb of free space left on the card.
Last edited by ipbr21054; Jun 18, 2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:37 AM
Joined Jun 2010
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by annarelli View Post
After far too many hours trying to figure out how to set the time, this is what I came up with:

Connect the camera to your PC with a USB cable. You can do most of this if you can plug the card into your PC or some sort of card reader if you like.

Create a file named tag.txt in the root of the SC card

File contents should be in the format of (Note the date format is YYYY.MM.DD):

[date]
08:22:00

Disconnect the keychain camera. Power the keychain off. Power it back on again. Take a video - the time should be correct. Note that the tag.txt file has been deleted.

Hi all,
As I also had problems setting the time, I wrote a simple proggie to do it for me: http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/6/...ameraClock.zip.
Just put it in the root folder of your keychain or gum camera and run it. It automatically creates a tag.txt file with the current time.
Hope it will be useful to others.
Robert Y. is offline Find More Posts by Robert Y.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 01:16 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
really? I have gotten almost an hour and a half of video on a 2gb card, on a 3 hour charge...
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:41 PM
Joined Jun 2010
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsfixit View Post
really? I have gotten almost an hour and a half of video on a 2gb card, on a 3 hour charge...
How have you managed that please advise.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 08:40 AM
72" of flying, flying, flying
Sydney, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
2,110 Posts
You both using 720x480 models, or is one of them a 640x480 model?
Aussie_Toyman is offline Find More Posts by Aussie_Toyman
Old Jun 19, 2010, 09:01 AM
Joined Jun 2010
7 Posts
I am using 720 x 480.
I have wrote this up last night,just some info on date & time setup also how to record video footage etc fot the 808 camera.

http://www.parsonswebspace.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Old Jun 19, 2010, 08:24 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Toyman View Post
You both using 720x480 models, or is one of them a 640x480 model?
you know .. I forget ... I think its the higher resolution one.. so that should be the 720x480 right?

is there a way I can tell... take a picture and look up its properties?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 06:21 AM
Joined Jun 2010
7 Posts
Hi,
Make a recording and then put the avi file on your pc,when you put the mouse cursor over the file the video size will be shown.
Or click this link and have a look at the different cameras available http://www.parsonswebspace.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ there is a camera identification chart listing the different possibilites for video,sd card,time stamp etc.This should pin point what camera you have.
Last edited by ipbr21054; Jun 20, 2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 07:13 AM
Bleriot's R Us
Ireland, Donegal
Joined Nov 2003
1,182 Posts
Anyone know can you use a std mini usb car charger for these, I have one that I use on my phone
xairflyer is online now Find More Posts by xairflyer
Old Jun 20, 2010, 07:16 AM
Joined Jun 2010
7 Posts
I use a motorola razor phone charger and works fine.It it the mini usb fitting.
Looks like the fitting on a digital camer lead.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 01:41 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
I use my sons nintendo DSI cigarette charger, which puts out 5v at a USB port. I then use a regular USB cable that fits it to charge it up .. or my computer USB .. I will look at the ID chart..
Old Jun 20, 2010, 01:56 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
for some strange reason my MacBook Pro doesn't show the properties of the video..
However, I used an app called MPEG streamclip, opened one of my AVI files from the keychain and lists the details of the video as : 720 480, ~30.763 fps.
so its one of the better cameras that are out there. The video quality, I think, is great for such a small camera.. I do not have any good video from a plane.. I will see if I can clip up a file. and post it hear.. BRB