Old Apr 09, 2010, 08:39 PM
3 Strykers,your out !
Lurking Melbourne Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,299 Posts
RF noise ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsfixit View Post
nice.. I get some RF noise from the outrunner on my video as well.. not as bad as your first video. I wonder if foil around the camera would block some brushless RF noise...
It's definitely the prop you are seeing in the first video , I wanted to see it , the camera is in identical position in second vid, just rotated 90 degrees, there is NO RF noise what so ever, great little cam .
Obviously you can easily move the camera along the wing to eliminate the prop in shot .

Sounds like you were getting the prop tip only in your video,lines from RF interference usually go right across the frame, anyway that's good news and easy to fix, move the camera out a Little or , as suggested, face it backwards

junglegym is online now Find More Posts by junglegym
Last edited by junglegym; Apr 09, 2010 at 08:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:07 AM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
you are right junglejim... it is the prop. The video was not good enough to post.. its been too windy here to maintain long flights. Plus I am somewhat limited in space. I need to join a air club.. but I heard the closest one to me the people are old grouchies that do not want foam planes on their field. plus its 200 Feet on top of a hill so wind is even worse! I am going to practice on my 450 Heli, Then I will put the camera on that. If I get some worthy video I will post it here.. but I am still learning to fly.
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
Old Apr 14, 2010, 06:49 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Since it has been too windy to try to fly anything, I put my keychain camera on my RC-10 .15 nitro car.. I wonder how I can make the video less bouncy. change location on the car? or stiffen/ loosen the shocks.. oh well .. here is the 3 minute video..
AE RC-10 .15 nitro car (3 min 19 sec)
Old Apr 14, 2010, 07:08 PM
Time to burn up some wind yo!
Palmwoods, QLD, Australia
Joined Jan 2009
1,272 Posts
the neighbors must love you!!!
AussieJarred is offline Find More Posts by AussieJarred
Old Apr 14, 2010, 07:09 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,272 Posts
on another note, supposedly in AUS its now illegal to drive your RC car on a public road, a fine-able offence (Y)
Old Apr 14, 2010, 07:20 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieJarred View Post
the neighbors must love you!!!
Ehh! Its not like I run the car every day! its been almost two years since I last ran the car in the street..

Illegal huh? I never heard of a law here in the US.. but ... ignorance is bliss..
Last edited by bsfixit; Jun 20, 2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 09:57 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,152 Posts
Mate, I run up my turbines and gasser engines in the backyard!!!
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec
Old May 01, 2010, 10:24 AM
Joined Feb 2009
208 Posts
How do you know when the battery is fully charged...the instructions say the led light will go out when fully charged, but it doesn't go out on any of mine, even after a couple of hours???
mikey100 is offline Find More Posts by mikey100
Old May 01, 2010, 01:21 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
My "manual" if you can call it that, said 3 hours to charge.. my light never goes out either.
Old May 01, 2010, 04:48 PM
Joined Feb 2009
208 Posts
The box mine came in said the battery was 280mba 3.7v. The wall charger with it says output=500ma ....so I thought just over 30min from flat would be enough???
mikey100 is offline Find More Posts by mikey100
Old May 01, 2010, 11:36 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey100 View Post
The box mine came in said the battery was 280mba 3.7v. The wall charger with it says output=500ma ....so I thought just over 30min from flat would be enough???
the keychain I got did not come with a wall outlet transformer. The instructions said to use the included USB cable, from a computer USB port (5v) or a 5v USB cigarette lighter car charger. It must have an internal VR circuit to charge the battery, and stop charging when the max voltage of a 1S cell is reached... maybe I should try my lipo charger, set for one cell and .1 amp. It will stop charging when the right voltage for a 1S lipo is reached as well..
Old May 03, 2010, 02:34 AM
Australia, VIC, Keysborough
Joined Jun 2004
2,059 Posts
Has anyone had the lens building up a layer of salt. Because I have been flying on the coast in very strong winds, my clips look now a bit hazy. I have opened up those 2 little screws on the back end of the camera,and opened the cover. To get better access to the lens. I used a cotton bud with some lens cleaning fluid. It has made a difference but it is not as good as it was in the very beginning.
Does anyone have any other ideas, apart from buying a new one?
AeroNut45 is online now Find More Posts by AeroNut45
Old May 03, 2010, 12:51 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
maybe calcium lime and rust cleaner? AKA CLR .
google how to remove salt, minerals from glass..
Old May 12, 2010, 02:34 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,272 Posts
ok guys, check this... havent tried on an actual 808 yet, but works great on my phone...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post15068701
Old Jun 16, 2010, 06:11 PM
Joined Jun 2010
7 Posts
Hi i have been reading these threads and watching the videos but has anyone any idea how to reduce the wind noise that this camera records when in video mode.I have mounted a 808 camera on my bike and have placed a piece of foam over the microphone "like on microphones used by news channels when outside" but either the microphone is realy good at recording the slightest noise or i have not done a very good job as when i watch the video there is allways air noise.
I thought that by adding the foam the wind noise would either be greatly reduced or even gone and you could only hear the engine noise but i can still hear both,30% engine & 70% wind noise.
I believe i have the #3 camera which has the slot to fit my mini sd card of which is 4gb.

Thanks
ipbr21054 is offline Find More Posts by ipbr21054