SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 22, 2011, 01:42 AM
Guanaba QLD Australia
Joined Jun 2009
107 Posts
Being IT challenged, could anyone tell me if I can down load an editor (simple to use would be nice!!) . I have some video off my sons race bike but I put the camera on it's side to tape, I need to rotate the picture 90 degrees.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
David.
davidwp56 is offline Find More Posts by davidwp56
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2011, 09:53 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsfixit View Post
I found this thread and got the time stamp set .. BTW I got mine from ebay for 11 dollars shipped from China (of course it took 3 weeks to get it but...).....
I also ordered an '808' camera from an online place... 15 bucks, also took three weeks from China... then didn't work when I tried it.... opened it up to inspect and I'll be darned if the darn thing was not smoked right out of the box!

They are supposedly sending me another one, and we will see how that turns out...in three weeks!

Can't beat the price, but clearly this is a pig-in-a-poke or grab-bag situation: maybe you will get lucky, and maybe you won't!

Here is what mine looked like inside, it never powered up for me, and was never recognized as a USB drive:

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:53 AM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwp56 View Post
Being IT challenged, could anyone tell me if I can down load an editor (simple to use would be nice!!) . I have some video off my sons race bike but I put the camera on it's side to tape, I need to rotate the picture 90 degrees.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
David.

I'll help you the best I can. You may have to use google to get more information on Windows Movie Maker if you are not that versed in computers.
If you have Windoz XP or newer on your PC/laptop then look for "Windows Movie Maker". Usually hides under "Accessories."
You will have to "import" the file into "collections". Click "File" then "Import Into Collections" and follow the prompts. You will see the clip appear in the middle of the program under Collections
Do not "create clips" but leave it as a single file/movie.
Move (click, drag & drop) this single file down to the story board at the bottom of the program.
Click on "Tools" and "Video Effects". You will see different effects appear in the middle under Video Transitions.
Scroll down and you will see "rotate 90", "rotate 180" along with other effects. Click on the "rotate 90" effect, drag and drop it over the clip down in the storyboard. This will rotate the entire file 90 degrees.
Click on "File" and "Save Movie File" then follow the prompts. This will create a movie of your clip.
Hope this helps.
flyinwalenda is online now Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Jan 23, 2011, 02:27 AM
Guanaba QLD Australia
Joined Jun 2009
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda View Post
I'll help you the best I can. You may have to use google to get more information on Windows Movie Maker if you are not that versed in computers.
If you have Windoz XP or newer on your PC/laptop then look for "Windows Movie Maker". Usually hides under "Accessories."
You will have to "import" the file into "collections". Click "File" then "Import Into Collections" and follow the prompts. You will see the clip appear in the middle of the program under Collections
Do not "create clips" but leave it as a single file/movie.
Move (click, drag & drop) this single file down to the story board at the bottom of the program.
Click on "Tools" and "Video Effects". You will see different effects appear in the middle under Video Transitions.
Scroll down and you will see "rotate 90", "rotate 180" along with other effects. Click on the "rotate 90" effect, drag and drop it over the clip down in the storyboard. This will rotate the entire file 90 degrees.
Click on "File" and "Save Movie File" then follow the prompts. This will create a movie of your clip.
Hope this helps.
Hey, flyinwalenda

Found movie maker and your instructions worked great, thanks very much.

David.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 03:20 AM
Foam is where the heart is
Australia, NSW, Como
Joined Aug 2010
2,234 Posts
I bought one of these yesterday.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....E:L:OU:AU:1123
I hope it lives up to the hype because $40 is either an overpriced keychain or bloody cheap HD camera.
#11 HD 808 Keychain Camera - Flight Test (6 min 42 sec)
brett.c is offline Find More Posts by brett.c
Old Jan 24, 2011, 05:43 AM
Guanaba QLD Australia
Joined Jun 2009
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett.c View Post
I bought one of these yesterday.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....E:L:OU:AU:1123
I hope it lives up to the hype because $40 is either an overpriced keychain or bloody cheap HD camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbSTYaof3gI
Hey Brett
Let us know how it goes.
David.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 06:44 AM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Hey Brett, I do not want to cut down your excitement, but a HD pen I got for my wife didn't seem to be any better than my old #3 keychain camera. (RIP)

I will look forward to your critic of your new camera

-Brett Sarasota, Florida
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
Old Jan 24, 2011, 08:50 AM
United Kingdom, England, North Lincolnshire
Joined Nov 2010
42 Posts
Don't know if this has been posted, but here's a quick link to a bit of Windows software that will create the correct file for you on your camera, for setting the date:

http://www.lightningrc.co.uk/downloads/808SetClock.zip

Once you've run it and selected your camera, power off the camera - then power it on, and the date should be set
woodss is offline Find More Posts by woodss
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:01 PM
Foam is where the heart is
Australia, NSW, Como
Joined Aug 2010
2,234 Posts
Thanks woodss

I've based my decision on this thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1362692&pp=100

There are lots of cheaper SD keychains about but they seem a bit hit and miss as to what you get.

These are suppose to be version 11
http://www.chucklohr.com/808/C11/index.html

We'll see.
brett.c is offline Find More Posts by brett.c
Old Feb 03, 2011, 06:12 PM
flyingbynumbers
UK, City of Bristol, Bristol
Joined Nov 2010
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR954 View Post
I don't think it can be totally removed...which concerned me because I didnt want it on there because I want to mix it with footage from my proper video camera for a project I'm doing.

Anyway, I stumbled on a way to sort it out, only catch is you'll need some sort of half decent video editing software. I use sony vegas.
The resolution the little camera shoots in is 720x480, which is NTSC DV.
When I change it to PAL widescreen DV (720x576), it quite nicely crops a bit off the top and bottom, completely removing the date. Yes, you do lose a little bit of your field of view, but its not much and I reckon its well worth it. Hope that helps
I think I will give up with my cam and just putthe vids throught a program that will take it off and put new date time up but only trouble is it will be in a box and not opache still fed up ty=rying
flyingbynumbers is offline Find More Posts by flyingbynumbers
Old Mar 07, 2011, 05:57 PM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertool View Post
Gentlemen, on to something here. go here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=3296982 and download the 808SetClock-1.3-bin.zip - and run it on your computer, then turn your camera on and off a few times. it fixed the time and date on mine
Your a star!!!!!
wishawhunk is online now Find More Posts by wishawhunk
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:31 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1 Posts
Help!

Hi guys, when i insert the camera into a usb port on my iMAC no drive comes up to view the videos! I just got the camera so I don't know if it's working or not! do i need a driver/program ? does it work with MAC? please help
trawmattic is offline Find More Posts by trawmattic
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:36 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2009
1,058 Posts
i can not get my mac to read the memory stick, but xp reads it fine so i think mac's dont like the device

and i can not run the device through virtual box with xp it needs to boot in to xp

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawmattic View Post
Hi guys, when i insert the camera into a usb port on my iMAC no drive comes up to view the videos! I just got the camera so I don't know if it's working or not! do i need a driver/program ? does it work with MAC? please help
spyda00 is offline Find More Posts by spyda00
Old Apr 27, 2011, 08:11 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
I get the video files off of my keychain camera. BUT , I have to format it with a windows computer first.. take the videos and/or pictures then my MacBook Pro reads the memory. Or get a memory card reader, I have one that takes the micro SD cards…
no problems that way either…
good luck!
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
Old Apr 28, 2011, 01:22 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,481 Posts
be careful with these cameras ive had a fair few my latest one exploded apart while charging from the computer i was lucky i was sitting at the computer desk when this happen the best idea when charging these cameras is to use a lipo sack and a long enough extension lead from your house out into the yard and charge it there its easy to be distracted by someone at the door or your dogs barking and u wonder off leaving the camera charging from your computer
gazza2003au is offline Find More Posts by gazza2003au