HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2010, 02:49 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,081 Posts
Yeah, movie maker is a simple program for doing most things without going all fancy.

As for converting to DVD format, What version of windows you running? Win 7 has a program called DVD maker that will do that for you. You can add menus etc. If you don't have win7 you may still be able to get a copy from MS. Check it out here and see if it goes with your OS. This page refers to Vista, so it may have come with that too, or was an optional download. I just didn't notice it until I went to win7.

I haven't used it as I normally just run them off the PC anyway and have a networked media box that plays anything I can throw at it, so I just put my vids into it and just play it from thr TV, or any PC in the house.

Just find out first though as a lot of DVD players nowdays do a wide variety of formats outside of DVD structure like divx and avi. Probably not WMV however.

Re cricket: You'd swear the pitch glues all the batters feet in the one spot!

I'll see if I can do a quick edit on some of the video from today.
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2010, 03:22 AM
Esperance Western Australia
Joined Dec 2005
68 Posts
Bugger I only have XP!!!!!

Thanks for the info.

Chook
Chook's is offline Find More Posts by Chook's
Old Dec 11, 2010, 03:39 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,081 Posts
There will be a heap of progs to do it in XP, I just can't think of any off the top of my head. Someone will know of a free one out there.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 05:49 AM
gravity always wins !
Perth. Western Australia
Joined Apr 2007
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouch View Post
blame chooks, he put the link up In all honesty that's only about 2 weeks no? Without checking the dates I think mine took a few days more than that.
That's OK - if these two cameras are like everything else electronic, they will both stuff up as soon as I touch them.

Back to re-building my motorbike.
Flip 465 is offline Find More Posts by Flip 465
Old Dec 12, 2010, 02:19 AM
Twisted and Confused
Joined May 2003
4,309 Posts
Finally got round to trying the filter I posted on pg1 and it works fine. If you look hard you can see it, but I'm happy with that.

File size went from 3MB to 181MB Need to work out what's going on there!

Steve
flyonline is offline Find More Posts by flyonline
Old Dec 12, 2010, 02:35 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,081 Posts
is that the virtual dub filter? Virtual dub encodes in an uncompressed avi format so you'll prob have to re-encode again after it to get it to a normal size again. Unless there is a way to use a codec that allows you to set the compression in virtualdub, but I don't use it a lot, so not sure if it's doable.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 02:47 AM
Twisted and Confused
Joined May 2003
4,309 Posts
Quote:
is that the virtual dub filter? Virtual dub encodes in an uncompressed avi format so you'll prob have to re-encode again after it to get it to a normal size again. Unless there is a way to use a codec that allows you to set the compression in virtualdub, but I don't use it a lot, so not sure if it's doable.
Sounds like a big mess to get a small result
Old Dec 12, 2010, 02:52 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,081 Posts
not really, All you have to do is open it in windows movie maker and save it as a .WMV, about 3 clicks so far, then sit back and have a wine while it's doing it
Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:33 AM
Twisted and Confused
Joined May 2003
4,309 Posts
Quote:
not really, All you have to do is open it in windows movie maker and save it as a .WMV, about 3 clicks so far, then sit back and have a wine while it's doing it
Ya, always a smartarse

Normal
Untitled (0 min 6 sec)

Filtered
Filtered (0 min 6 sec)

Steve
Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:47 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonline View Post
Sounds like a big mess to get a small result
ya, always a pessimist

Found this if you didn't already do it this way how to to compress video within virtualdub
Old Dec 12, 2010, 04:12 AM
Twisted and Confused
Joined May 2003
4,309 Posts
Nah, I just used WMM - if I was doing a 'real' video I would add title etc. anway so no biggie to compress it at the same time.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 04:16 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,081 Posts
So quit your whinging then

When are you coming down for a fly anyway? I think you need to give Waz and I a kickstart, he doesn't want to get out of bed for anything less than 30 knots, and I'm just a slacker
Old Dec 12, 2010, 04:31 AM
Twisted and Confused
Joined May 2003
4,309 Posts
Quote:
So quit your whinging then

When are you coming down for a fly anyway? I think you need to give Waz and I a kickstart, he doesn't want to get out of bed for anything less than 30 knots, and I'm just a slacker
Just moved house otherwise I would have been harrassing him to fly St Clair with me (I know you don't get out of bed if you have to WALK). I start holidays on 17th with a few days to myself while the li'l lady works so if the winds come.....

I found my micro SD card that I 'lost' a few months ago in the move, so I'm trying to find/build a camera mount that I can simply clip onto a plane and I don't want to use velcro/sticky tape or other sticky stuff. Anyone seen anything like this? Matin had one at Manilla so they must be around.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:02 AM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,958 Posts
I started having a problem back in October with the camera stopping the recording part way through the flights. Full flight videos come back missing the landing portion and yesterday it stopped after 40 seconds. It's always been so hard to tell if the camera is still recoding when you go to shut it off.
I thought it was the battery but while indoors at the pc I would hit record and it will go for 30min or more without stopping. I've formatted the 4g sd card and it still does it. I also charge it for a 2 hour period.
I thought the cold may be affecting the lipo as it did it again yesterday and it was a sunny 26 degrees out but again when indoors at the pc it recorded a 30+ minute file. It's been on aerobatic planes mostly but yesterday it was on a slowstick so there was little to no vibration.
Never had problems with this set-up until now. I'm thinking the contacts for the SD card may be dirty ?
flyinwalenda is online now Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Dec 20, 2010, 05:44 PM
Jets Suck (and blow)
Australia, QLD, Deception Bay
Joined Jan 2008
1,824 Posts
This was my first use of a Keyring Camera and first use of Win7 Movie Maker. The process was straight forward and intuitive, movie maker may not be a powerful tool but it's perfect for this stuff.

My Kikka Movie high res (4 min 29 sec)
Peril is online now Find More Posts by Peril