SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:49 PM
Defender of the park sky
London, ON Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZone View Post
If you're looking to give the Trojan a kick in the pants, there's no need to go to 4s.

You want some stump pulling thrust? Stick on a GWS 11x7 HD prop on the stock motor and 3s Li-Po. Be prepared for a pleasant surprise...

Want some speed? Try an APC 10x10E prop; again on the stock motor.

Chuck
I assume that would work with the corsair stock components also? 11x7 sounds interesting.... actually both props do
Ispintechno is offline Find More Posts by Ispintechno
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:36 PM
Bradley
Chalmette,LA. Sometimes underwater. 9ft to be exact.
Joined Feb 2010
110 Posts
Brand New Plane From Horizon Hobby!!

I just got my plane back from Horizon Hobby. They didn't just replace the 25 amp Esc but they replaced the entire plane! The one I sent was crashed and I didn't know if it was because of the ESC or interference. I thought they were gonna call me and say that it was interference that caused the plane to crash so that they wouldn't have to fix my plane. I was wrong. The same day that my plane got to Horizon a new one was shipped back out to me. They did send it back without my battery, charger and receiver but I called and they shipped this stuff as soon as I got off the phone with them. I just wanted to write and let you guys know what Horizon did for me. I just thought that was really cool of them and especially nowadays, good customer service is hard to come by. So I got my new T-28 and now all I need to do is go get me a decent RX and TX. I wanna go with the 2.4 Ghz because the places that I fly have a lot of interference. Someone told me in this thread that the 2.4ghz system will solve that problem(or at least help it.) Gonna use the RX/TX that the Trojan came with on a project that me and my old man plan on building. Again, thanks for all the help and info you guys gave me.
grem62483 is offline Find More Posts by grem62483
Old Mar 20, 2010, 01:05 AM
Bradley
Chalmette,LA. Sometimes underwater. 9ft to be exact.
Joined Feb 2010
110 Posts
Packing tape on my Trojan.

I ordered some tape from tape bros and did just a few small things to my plane. For those who don't know, I laid a checker pattern on the tail, Covered the elevators in red and put 2 red stripes outlined in black on the wings.What ya think? I could get really stupid with this tape and had to force myself to stop. I think thats enough for the top side of the ol'e gal. I have trouble seeing my plane and cant tell if its inverted or not. This should help.
grem62483 is offline Find More Posts by grem62483
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:01 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grem62483 View Post
I ordered some tape from tape bros and did just a few small things to my plane. For those who don't know, I laid a checker pattern on the tail, Covered the elevators in red and put 2 red stripes outlined in black on the wings.What ya think? I could get really stupid with this tape and had to force myself to stop. I think thats enough for the top side of the ol'e gal. I have trouble seeing my plane and cant tell if its inverted or not. This should help.
Very clean job! That's the way I like them personally.

Chuck
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:03 AM
Defender of the park sky
London, ON Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grem62483 View Post
I just got my plane back from Horizon Hobby. They didn't just replace the 25 amp Esc but they replaced the entire plane! The one I sent was crashed and I didn't know if it was because of the ESC or interference. I thought they were gonna call me and say that it was interference that caused the plane to crash so that they wouldn't have to fix my plane. I was wrong. The same day that my plane got to Horizon a new one was shipped back out to me. They did send it back without my battery, charger and receiver but I called and they shipped this stuff as soon as I got off the phone with them. I just wanted to write and let you guys know what Horizon did for me. I just thought that was really cool of them and especially nowadays, good customer service is hard to come by. So I got my new T-28 and now all I need to do is go get me a decent RX and TX. I wanna go with the 2.4 Ghz because the places that I fly have a lot of interference. Someone told me in this thread that the 2.4ghz system will solve that problem(or at least help it.) Gonna use the RX/TX that the Trojan came with on a project that me and my old man plan on building. Again, thanks for all the help and info you guys gave me.
Another great experience with horizon, glad to hear it! 2.4G will eliminate interference. I've never experience even a single twitch with my AR500. Rock solid. The RX doesn't listen to anything but my TX.
Ispintechno is offline Find More Posts by Ispintechno