HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2010, 09:28 AM
Joined Jun 2009
74 Posts
Discussion
Public Apology to Hobby King

I feel the need to make the following public apology to Hobby King:

On February 12 2010, I ordered an AXN Clouds Fly from Hobby King via their website. To make a long story short, I misread an email from them with the subject line saying my order was shipped today (this is the third email saying it was shipped). I thought it meant the order had just finally begun the shipping process (I chose the 6-21 day option). I got angry and thought I was getting a repeat treatment like I got from a previous bad dealer. I emailed them a letter basically saying I was unimpressed with their service and would not recommend them to anyone.

I was wrong - actually the last email was simply telling me the order had arrived at the destination. I sent them a crappy letter for no reason and I was wrong.

I sent a letter of apology, but I also want to keep my word and tell all of you that Hobby King is a good company. Their word is good and their customer service is great. I am also extremely happy with the quality of the products I ordered. I definitely recommend Hobby King. www.hobbyking.com
airphotoKY is offline Find More Posts by airphotoKY
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2010, 11:48 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,466 Posts
I like em too.....Gonna make an order tomorrow..
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Mar 01, 2010, 12:33 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,900 Posts
Hey airphoto

let me know when you are selling something. You sound like the kind of person I want to do business with .... and Hobby King of course. Takes a really big person to admit when you make a mistake and even bigger to do it in public. Hats off to ya.
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Mar 02, 2010, 09:31 PM
Joined Jun 2009
74 Posts
Flybilly - Whatcha gittin?

johnbyrne

Thank you for the kind word, but I am more likely to be a buyer here than a seller. Even more likely I will be here just to learn and make friends. My girlfriend doesn't share my enthusiasm for RC Airplanes / FPV so here is where I get to communicate with others that do.
I have been wanting to set up an FPV only shop in my city though!
airphotoKY is offline Find More Posts by airphotoKY
Old Mar 03, 2010, 06:43 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
I've loved them up to now, but I fell like there's some trickery going on with the live chat function. I'm online at exactly 9AM there, and there are already 48 people in line. I wait, and wait, and 4 hours later, I'm #18. Then POOF! 54th...
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Mar 06, 2010, 11:17 PM
Tacoma WA
Joined Feb 2008
561 Posts
Chat and phones are very overloaded after CNY and into Spring Festival, and the two people that mainly handled those services up and quit just before CNY. New people are being trained and hopefully next week or the week after things will get better.
At present it's a crap shoot. Some get through, but most don't.
Ron W3FJW is offline Find More Posts by Ron W3FJW