SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 01, 2010, 12:42 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,130 Posts
Discussion
Who's flying in this cold and snowy weather?

I am! I've gone out twice in the last few days. If it isn't blowing hard I'm out for a few flights. Saturday I flew the remotored Guanli PBY Catalina on its new GWS 350 geared. It flies well enough but it has no reserve power.

The other is an Alfa Mig15. What a fantastic flyer. I got it used from an RCG'er here and boy is it fun to fly. No viced noted yet. Only flew three circuits becasue the grey aluminum paint disappears in the clouds and mist. Landing was a breeze.

Flew the vapor in the yard after the sent began to set and the wind abated to a mere whisper. Practiced carrier landings on the roof of the car.

I can't be the only one putting on the B-3 or Irvin and boots and braving Mother natures worst can I?
Mike
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2010, 12:43 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,130 Posts
Mine were the only tracks in the snow.
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Mar 01, 2010, 08:48 PM
Paramus, NJ
Joined Jan 2003
114 Posts
That really is a nice field you get to fly in, and so close to your house.

Gerry
gman326 is offline Find More Posts by gman326