HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by mikeythev, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 07:25 PM
I like foam
outside of philadelphia
Joined Nov 2005
287 Posts
Build Log
Micro Trainer 23"

Saturday afternoon was spent hanging out with a friend who loves model airplanes as much as I do. I was fortunate enough to find a time when Steve wasn't flying (working) and build a plane with him. I forgot to bring my camera yesterday, but I snapped a few photos today.

We both built his 23" micro trainer which has seen many sizes and design changes. I'll make sure he posts his too.

The plane comes in at 58g w/o battery. The 240, 2 cell weighs 13g. It's right where we need it for indoor flying. Servos are 4.7g each. Receiver is a Spektrum ar6110e. ESC is a 6A Turnigy brushless. Motor is a 5g, 2000kV Turnigy, spinning a gws 4040. The plane is built from 3mm Depron, and the landing gear is carbon. I'm not sure what size. My micrometer currently has a dead battery.

On Saturday we built the planes to 75% completion. Painting took some additional time. I had an opportunity on Sunday to finish rigging the control surfaces, struts, and landing gear. I also touched up and completed the paint job and gave it a flight test.

This plane is so much fun to fly. I will post video tomorrow, assuming someone at work will lend me two minutes in the gym. I hope to use this plane as another club trainer for students. We need something smaller to fly in the gyms.

The plans will continue to receive upgrades. Currently, none of the parts key in like the F3P planes. I hope to finish those in a few weeks.

mikeythev is offline Find More Posts by mikeythev
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2010, 08:47 PM
JR > Futaba
Green Lane, PA
Joined Mar 2008
341 Posts
Fun!!

These things are FUN!!!!!! I got to fly Steve's at the NPHS Fun fly!. Ridin' wheelies on the ground is also awesome
Great paintjob!
--PvT
pvtzemerak is offline Find More Posts by pvtzemerak