HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2010, 11:30 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Discussion
GWS need a strong sales team to break throung the world wide market now.

Will you be the one?

The production capacity in GWS China can be at $ 60~100 milions, yet with back yard reserved land to be constructed, with addtional gfactory space, we can even up to $200 milions ( This index are net FOB export; that's about X 3 time to be at retail end )

But we need a strong sales team to break throung the world wide market now. Will you be the one?

More than that, we still have a huge parcel of land size of 430 China acres ( about 400Mx700M )

That I was planning this lad as an RC and sports aviation industry park, not just for model airplanes, even for real one aircraft and UAVs

Robotics for industry applcation will be the key to save those Taiwanese owned factories in China free from shrotage of manpower!

Many of them were forced to be move to other low labor cost countries during last few years.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2010, 06:36 AM
Intentionally left blank
Joined Aug 2005
925 Posts
I think it needs strong leadership and revamped management.
Magrat is offline Find More Posts by Magrat
Old Mar 04, 2010, 05:03 PM
Warbird E-Pilot / Hack Builder
Peoria, Arizona
Joined Feb 2009
366 Posts
I think if you want to sell a ton of foam it's going to have to be ARF. Americans want to pull it out of the box, and spend maybe an hour bolting on the wing and go fly. I've seen more of GWS RTF copies (Guanli ?) at my field than GWS kits. GWS better look at sending planes over mostly assembled and painted or they are going to be left behind. I prefer to build NPS kits, but I seem to be alone in my area.
Larry076 is offline Find More Posts by Larry076
Old Mar 04, 2010, 06:08 PM
Bedlington, United Kingdom
Joined Apr 2007
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry076 View Post
I think if you want to sell a ton of foam it's going to have to be ARF. Americans want to pull it out of the box, and spend maybe an hour bolting on the wing and go fly. I've seen more of GWS RTF copies (Guanli ?) at my field than GWS kits. GWS better look at sending planes over mostly assembled and painted or they are going to be left behind. I prefer to build NPS kits, but I seem to be alone in my area.

RTF would be a good direction to go, I maidened my friends new H/Z super cub lp (wow),this was the first RTF I have flown and it was great.

Make the Lonely Birds Program into the official GWS on-line store ( with PayPal ) to get the stock (and spare parts) to the customers.

Be pro-active to take the money away from the copy-cats and put it into GWS accounts. Please don't rest on your laurels.

Advertise!! New comers will never buy your products (RTF planes through to NPS ) if they cannot see them. I loved hunting through RCM&E for your ads (read the spitfire article in the latest issue, GWS are mentioned in a positive way).

I sincerely hope I have not caused any offence with my opinions and wish nothing but a profitable future for GWS and Mr Lin.
Michael.
michaellown is offline Find More Posts by michaellown
Last edited by michaellown; Mar 06, 2010 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Added Text and changes
Old Mar 06, 2010, 05:31 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,066 Posts
We have been calling for a direct GWS online store for a very long time. Cant see it ever happening.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old Mar 06, 2010, 07:05 AM
Joined Apr 2007
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzi supercub View Post
We have been calling for a direct GWS online store for a very long time. Cant see it ever happening.
I agree ozzi supercub, but isnt that kinda what the Lonely Bird Program is ( see the main thread) buying direct from GWS, if so why not just make it their online store using the staff that already deal with those orders and shipping.
Old Mar 06, 2010, 10:48 AM
Chatteris, Cambs, UK
Joined Dec 2005
711 Posts
Hi,
I for one would prefer to buy online from GWS direct. I wouldn't think it could be too difficult to set up payments through Paypal. The only concern would be the postal costs out of Taiwan, but maybe GWS could cut a deal with the postal sevice or courier services. Here's hoping.
Adrianh is offline Find More Posts by Adrianh
Old Mar 06, 2010, 11:42 AM
Joined Apr 2007
73 Posts
Hi Adrianh,

The postal costs seem to have been a huge problem for a long time, maybe that is one of the reasons why we never see any GWS kits in our LHS.

Michael.
Old Mar 06, 2010, 04:31 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Thanks your kindly suggetions.

I am wake up too early at this moring since 4:00AM in China factory. Need to get back on bed sleep a few hours...
Old Mar 06, 2010, 04:39 PM
Joined Apr 2007
73 Posts
that is dedication Mr lin
Old Mar 06, 2010, 04:42 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaellown View Post
that is dedication Mr lin
I am sure that you are sleeping too late.

Thanks for kindlly attention on GWS!
Old Mar 06, 2010, 05:01 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
I started to import RC models products from Europe, USA and Japn into Taiwan since 1971 when I was young.

I had started after service for Kraft radio system in Taiwan since 1974!

I started to produce servos since 1981.

GWS had produced servos 200+Kpcs monthly since 1986.

Many GWS servos were desined for customize application.

We had made so many spceial servos out of traditional servo structure.

GWS is a leader of making servos. We create so many new concept of servos.

We had done so many nice servos which worthy to be copied!

Wish this history worth enough for your reference. Yet, the most important thing is: GWS is run by GWS4CEO!

Although it's a hrad time of bad economics situation for years, GWS was bad hurt, we are bleeding.... But GWS will not give up to carry on!

We keep back up GWS users with every thing that we should take care our customers, even I had sold many of my private properties.

I saw many of the copy cats not in business now! They are thinking that they are smart, not to be bleeding now, and they are not so stupid like GWS is doing for you continiously, even at the hard time.

But when the timming is sweet again, I am sure that they will jump into this business again really quick!?

You buy from GWS is not just a products, also a forever promise!

Thanks the smart choice of you had done to support GWS!
Old Mar 06, 2010, 11:39 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry076 View Post
This.
GetterDragun is offline Find More Posts by GetterDragun
Old Mar 07, 2010, 02:24 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
GWS HAS a strong sales team in the many dealerships throughout the world. What it DOESN'T have is up-to-date-product and a strong MARKETING strategy, and it DOESN'T have a CEO who actually LISTENS to his customers, or, for all I know, his own people. He thinks he knows better than the collective us and is now confronted with expensive proof that he doesn't.

Going completely, or even largely RTF would be a huge mistake - you're chasing straight into the middle of doing what everyone does. Therefore, being GWS (or more properly being Mr Lin) you'll probably do it.

GWS WAS the best. The trouble is it got diverted into the China factory catastrophe and lost focus on the need to keep investing in marketing and product support and got its market share gobbled up by one or two competitors who were doing exactly what GWS SHOULD have been doing. Principal among these is E-Flite who were insignificant at the side of GWS but are now, I guess, the first port of call for many like myself who used to buy GWS.

You only have to read the posts on RCG to see how E-Flite and the other HH divisions interact with, listen to, tease, excite but ultimately deliver for their customers. GWS have the tease bit, they used have to the excite, but it's so long since they delivered everyone has gone to support another team.

Mr Lin has been banging on about Guan Li till I for one am completely sick of it. Guan Li was not and never will be what he should have been worrying about. They're a bunch of cowboys. Horizon Hobbies with its ARTF E-Flite and RTF Parkzone ranges were what you should have been watching Mr Lin.

To re-enter the market now (because let's face it - you're out of it) will need some very clever marketing strategy. It won't need strong sales people until you can give them what the customer wants - and the evidence is that you have no idea what that is - and until you can demonstrate that your customers know what you're offering. They won't buy what they don't know about, any more than they will buy what they don't want.

These are fundamental facts and to be honest I have absolutely no idea why I've wasted time writing this post. Others and myself have been saying this now for several years and there is no evidence that you've taken one jot of notice so why should you start now?

I really would love to see GWS come back so I could start spending money with them again ( I have bought between one and five of almost every product in the GWS range with the exception of the recent jets) but sadly I wouldn't bet a bent nickel on it.

Sorry, GWS.
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Mar 07, 2010, 07:22 AM
Der Flieger kommt schnell
Staten Island
Joined Jun 2005
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard View Post
These are fundamental facts and to be honest I have absolutely no idea why I've wasted time writing this post. Others and myself have been saying this now for several years and there is no evidence that you've taken one jot of notice so why should you start now?

I really would love to see GWS come back so I could start spending money with them again ( I have bought between one and five of almost every product in the GWS range with the exception of the recent jets) but sadly I wouldn't bet a bent nickel on it.

Sorry, GWS.
Awww Roger,
You still love GWS that is why you've posted.
Like me you probably remember the sweet time you've had flying the Pico Moth or the Beaver.
We all never had the great bang for the buck (pound) like GWS supplied us.
It is true, the past 2 years, I've purchased Eflite's Nieuport, SE5 etc, and will probably buy the rest of the line, but I wished GWS listened to us when we were asking for these planes 5 years ago.
Real shame for GWS, and once again, your always eloquent post is so true of GWS's plight.
WWIFlyin'Ace is offline Find More Posts by WWIFlyin'Ace