SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Sep 29, 2011, 09:28 AM
Yakkity Yak IMAC is back
dabrandt22's Avatar
Rockton, IL
Joined Nov 2009
977 Posts
Gig Harbor, WA Teen Aims for Worldwide RC Plane Competition

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2011/s...#ixzz1ZLcdurqm
dabrandt22 is offline Find More Posts by dabrandt22
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:04 PM
Yakkity Yak IMAC is back
dabrandt22's Avatar
Rockton, IL
Joined Nov 2009
977 Posts
Model plane terror plot

http://www.fastcompany.com/1783721/f...-could-it-work

"Undercover FBI agents seeking to arrest Ferdaus supplied him with a staggering array of goodies: Six assault rifles, three grenades, 25 pounds of C-4 plastic explosive and an F-86 drone. Ferdaus also built homegrown detonators that apparently worked."
.
dabrandt22 is offline Find More Posts by dabrandt22
Last edited by dabrandt22; Sep 30, 2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 04:21 PM
Yakkity Yak IMAC is back
dabrandt22's Avatar
Rockton, IL
Joined Nov 2009
977 Posts
Full AMA response to terror plot

http://www.modelaircraft.org/news/RCPlot.aspx

Also Dept of Justice release:
http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/D...wanFerdaus.pdf
dabrandt22 is offline Find More Posts by dabrandt22
Last edited by dabrandt22; Sep 29, 2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:36 AM
Yakkity Yak IMAC is back
dabrandt22's Avatar
Rockton, IL
Joined Nov 2009
977 Posts
DA comments on oil recommendations

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...0&postcount=33
dabrandt22 is offline Find More Posts by dabrandt22
Old Oct 01, 2011, 09:17 AM
Go....fly!!
wrtank's Avatar
25 miles out
Joined Aug 2009
42 Posts
Terror fears

With all this terrorist talk, my input is that there be no more powered aircraft allowed at our flying field.

That's correct boys, ride the thermals, soar with the birds, step-step-spin-step-spin-spin-step-release.
You just gained about 100-150 feet of altitude without much effort.
Yea, you'll be dizzy, but you'll get over it soon (I hope).
Now the fun starts...get your lawn chair and fly that glider back to yourself.
Oh yea, get your favorite beverage out, you can't do much damage with a sub 10oz airplane that can't carry much cargo if any (there's no room).

Anyone interested in some powered aircraft for sale?

Welcome to the silent, non-threatening world of DLG.
wrtank is offline Find More Posts by wrtank
Old Oct 02, 2011, 06:13 AM
Yakkity Yak IMAC is back
dabrandt22's Avatar
Rockton, IL
Joined Nov 2009
977 Posts
Ultra-light crashes into ferris wheel in Australia

The pilot, Paul Cox (what an idiot), said he did not see the Ferris wheel before his plane hit it. Thankfully, there were no injuries, but clear case of "Can't fix stupid" and "Stupid is as stupid does". Pilot was probably texting or Internet surfing on his smartphone just prior to the crash.

http://news.yahoo.com/plane-hits-fer...080551274.html

WRTank is correct in his recent post, but let's expand the powered airplane ban to both full scale and RC models. The world would be a much safer place.

DRAMATIC COLLISION: Plane crashes into a ferris wheel (1 min 20 sec)


Video Nasty: Light plane crashes into Ferris wheel in Australia (1 min 37 sec)

.
.
dabrandt22 is offline Find More Posts by dabrandt22
Last edited by dabrandt22; Oct 02, 2011 at 06:32 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 10:59 AM
Registered User
ddrake24's Avatar
Stillman Valley, IL.
Joined May 2006
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrandt22 View Post
The pilot, Paul Cox (what an idiot), said he did not see the Ferris wheel before his plane hit it. Thankfully, there were no injuries, but clear case of "Can't fix stupid" and "Stupid is as stupid does". Pilot was probably texting or Internet surfing on his smartphone just prior to the crash.

http://news.yahoo.com/plane-hits-fer...080551274.html

WRTank is correct in his recent post, but let's expand the powered airplane ban to both full scale and RC models. The world would be a much safer place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-3f9jiVz-I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UL7JW6Gijw
.
.
Fosters...Austrailian for beer...
ddrake24 is offline Find More Posts by ddrake24
Old Oct 03, 2011, 08:35 PM
Peace thru superior firepower
golfdaddy720's Avatar
Stark Industries, Belvidere, IL
Joined Mar 2010
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrandt22 View Post
The pilot, Paul Cox (what an idiot), said he did not see the Ferris wheel before his plane hit it. Thankfully, there were no injuries, but clear case of "Can't fix stupid" and "Stupid is as stupid does". Pilot was probably texting or Internet surfing on his smartphone just prior to the crash.

http://news.yahoo.com/plane-hits-fer...080551274.html

WRTank is correct in his recent post, but let's expand the powered airplane ban to both full scale and RC models. The world would be a much safer place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-3f9jiVz-I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UL7JW6Gijw
.
.
Uh, let's not condemn the pilot so fast. He probably has flown in and out of that airport hundreds of times, and then some moron goes and erects a tall structure (ferris wheel) near an AIRPORT??!! Theres the moron!!!

Oh, and Dave, isn't it "Judge not (what an idiot) and ye shall not be judged?" I'm just saying....
golfdaddy720 is offline Find More Posts by golfdaddy720
Old Oct 03, 2011, 10:25 PM
Registered User
ddrake24's Avatar
Stillman Valley, IL.
Joined May 2006
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdaddy720 View Post
Uh, let's not condemn the pilot so fast. He probably has flown in and out of that airport hundreds of times, and then some moron goes and erects a tall structure (ferris wheel) near an AIRPORT??!! Theres the moron!!!

Oh, and Dave, isn't it "Judge not (what an idiot) and ye shall not be judged?" I'm just saying....
It's every pilots responsibility to "see and avoid" at least that's what the FAA says. As far as "Judge not" goes I don't think it's covered in the FAR's.
ddrake24 is offline Find More Posts by ddrake24
Old Oct 04, 2011, 07:34 AM
Yakkity Yak IMAC is back
dabrandt22's Avatar
Rockton, IL
Joined Nov 2009
977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdaddy720 View Post
Uh, let's not condemn the pilot so fast. He probably has flown in and out of that airport hundreds of times, and then some moron goes and erects a tall structure (ferris wheel) near an AIRPORT??!! Theres the moron!!!
So the pilot is a "victim" of the festival proprietor? I rest my case, as the pilot is soley responsible for this accident. The "nearby airport" does not absolve the pilot of anything.

DD hits the nail on the head with:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrake24 View Post
It's every pilots responsibility to "see and avoid" at least that's what the FAA says.
dabrandt22 is offline Find More Posts by dabrandt22
Last edited by dabrandt22; Oct 04, 2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old Oct 04, 2011, 12:54 PM
Yakkity Yak IMAC is back
dabrandt22's Avatar
Rockton, IL
Joined Nov 2009
977 Posts
Darth Vader

345 balloons at Albuquerque, including our field mascot Darth Vader

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36740125...28514#44773444
dabrandt22 is offline Find More Posts by dabrandt22
Old Oct 04, 2011, 01:35 PM
Peace thru superior firepower
golfdaddy720's Avatar
Stark Industries, Belvidere, IL
Joined Mar 2010
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrandt22 View Post
So the pilot is a "victim" of the festival proprietor? I rest my case, as the pilot is soley responsible for this accident. The "nearby airport" does not absolve the pilot of anything.

DD hits the nail on the head with:
Man, you guys just don't understand liability law!!! It's ALWAYS someone elses fault!!!
golfdaddy720 is offline Find More Posts by golfdaddy720
Old Oct 04, 2011, 04:47 PM
Registered User
ddrake24's Avatar
Stillman Valley, IL.
Joined May 2006
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdaddy720 View Post
Man, you guys just don't understand liability law!!! It's ALWAYS someone elses fault!!!
I'm just making sure you are not holding me responsible. I was not there. I don't know anything...
ddrake24 is offline Find More Posts by ddrake24
Old Oct 06, 2011, 07:47 AM
Yakkity Yak IMAC is back
dabrandt22's Avatar
Rockton, IL
Joined Nov 2009
977 Posts
2011-12 RVRCFlyers HHS Dome Fly

Season passes are now available at Hobby Town for the 2011-12 indoor dome fly season.

1. 6-pack for all 6 dates is $60.00.
2. 3-pack for any 3 dates is $45.00
3. Walk-in pilots are $20.00
4. 12 and under Junior pilots are $5.00
5. Both the 6-pack and 3-pack multi-passes can be shared, 1 punch per pilot. If you miss a date, bring a friend along on another date.
6. Must be current 2011 AMA member for the December dates.
7. Must be current 2012 AMA member for the Jan, Feb, and March dates.
8. See flyer below for dates.
9. See rules sheet below, which apply to all dome fly pilots and spectators.
10. Max plane weight = 10oz, Max heli size = 250, No EDF's or high speed delta wings.

Hope to see you there, it's going to be a fun indoor season.
dabrandt22 is offline Find More Posts by dabrandt22
Last edited by dabrandt22; Oct 06, 2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:04 PM
Peace thru superior firepower
golfdaddy720's Avatar
Stark Industries, Belvidere, IL
Joined Mar 2010
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrandt22 View Post
Season passes are now available at Hobby Town for the 2011-12 indoor dome fly season.

1. 6-pack for all 6 dates is $60.00.
2. 3-pack for any 3 dates is $45.00
3. Walk-in pilots are $20.00
4. 12 and under Junior pilots are $5.00
5. Both the 6-pack and 3-pack multi-passes can be shared, 1 punch per pilot. If you miss a date, bring a friend along on another date.
6. Must be current 2011 AMA member for the December dates.
7. Must be current 2012 AMA member for the Jan, Feb, and March dates.
8. See flyer below for dates.
9. See rules sheet below, which apply to all dome fly pilots and spectators.
10. Max plane weight = 10oz, Max heli size = 250, No EDF's or high speed delta wings.

Hope to see you there, it's going to be a fun indoor season.
Yes, but will they turn on the heat this year??
golfdaddy720 is offline Find More Posts by golfdaddy720
Closed Thread


Thread Tools