HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2010, 09:17 AM
Always comPLANEing
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,259 Posts
Joke
Electric Propulsion Defies Physical-Metaphysical Interface ?

Electric Propulsion Defies Physical-Metaphysical Interface ?
Some things make me thinks this is true.
Along with propulsion of any sort, there has been an unpleasant odor.

The cave man first forced his wife to carry him around. Her perspiration and little ability to bathe caused an odor.

Early man came upon the idea to divide the chore between several people carrying them suspended on poles. They started making body odors after awhile.

Then came horseback riding and the horse's bad breath + body odor. An unpleasant disadvantage awaits the next stage.

Now since the wheel was invented, man learned to be propelled by an animal pulling them along. They had to stare at the rear anatomy of the animal and smell and breathe the body odors and intestinal gasses that came from them.
I don't recall seeing anyone smart enough to make an ornamental cover that hid the rear and directed gasses away from the passengers.

Next and worst, combustion engines came along and do a great job of releasing smelly gasses. Just as we were getting good at controlling them, the electric propulsion is becoming efficient enough to take over.

They do not make any smell as they go along. Or much sound.
We finally made it , a vehicle that doesn't make a bad smell.
Now the driver and passengers will need to make preparations to prevent themselves from messing this up. It will be very apparent when they release these gasses because there are few other contaminants to mask them.
Chophop is offline Find More Posts by Chophop
Old Feb 28, 2010, 03:40 PM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Jan 2009
44 Posts
Ever noticed that horrible "brown smell" when something electric goes wrong and all the smoke gets out?
barneybdb is offline Find More Posts by barneybdb
Old Feb 28, 2010, 03:51 PM
Always comPLANEing
Joined Sep 2006
8,259 Posts
Not as bad as a horse's behind getting burned. Phewwww.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 04:16 PM
Debary, Fl.
Joined Oct 2007
2,312 Posts
Hilarious Budweiser Commercial (0 min 23 sec)
Pudknocker71 is offline Find More Posts by Pudknocker71
Old Feb 28, 2010, 05:41 PM
Always comPLANEing
Joined Sep 2006
8,259 Posts
I saw that commercial, and it was one of those that made watching ads bearable and even something to look forward to ( ).

In normal operation electronics will probably give a high 90's% reliability, no bad smells.

Ugh, what about the splatter in the wind ? I suppose the old 1800's people could tell you what it TASTED like to be propelled by a horse.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 06:57 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chophop View Post
Not as bad as a horse's behind getting burned. Phewwww.

Especially when you feed it Beefareeno !
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda