HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by AirBornOne, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2010, 08:07 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,539 Posts
The nose looks like it could have come out of an Estes catalog, complete with the molding seam that their nose cones have. Heh.
A Useless Geek is offline Find More Posts by A Useless Geek
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:28 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,620 Posts
I think the bottom mounted tail was a function of simplicity of mounting (allowing the fin molded on undisturbed, and the fuse also not needing any cutting after molding).
Also, pull for up, not a bad thing in the air.

Landing? May be a different story.

I have always wanted one of these. Seems simple enough to make, maybe one day I will make myself one similar. Tail on top though!

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:31 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,539 Posts
How do you move the stab up to the top of the vert stab w/o screwing up the whole underside of the fuse?
A Useless Geek is offline Find More Posts by A Useless Geek
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:34 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,620 Posts
I'd be making a whole new fuse to do it.
I actually have a fuse setup for a T tail at home that would be a good candidate, the proportions are correct for it. Its a little on the light side layup wise to be a good sloper though, better to save it for TD.

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:40 AM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,873 Posts
IDK, Joe Manors method of capturing the H-stab between the fin & fuse looks pretty elegant.But then he had a Lot of room to play with.
Actually,that might make for a really good mod for this.Slice the fin off the fuse,cleanup/strengthen the fuse where the H mounted & beef up the topside area where the H gets move to,fair in a 'perch' of sorts,and pin it all together from the fuse under side up into the fin.
Now to keep the wing from delamming in high speed flight.Maybe some packing tape around the LE ?
Skies
Jay.
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne