SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 27, 2010, 09:13 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
791 Posts
Discussion
tekin mini rage vs mamba micro pro size

I am looking to go brushless in a xray m18 and would like to know which system has the smallest foot print.
Recommendations for alternates entertained...
thanks in advance
imgumby
imgumby is online now Find More Posts by imgumby
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:22 PM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
If you are between the two it's a toss up. I am pretty sure that reedy micro brushless is much smaller than the two you mentioned. And the price is nice too.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...=Product-Feeds
2sicMiniT is offline Find More Posts by 2sicMiniT
Old Feb 28, 2010, 11:15 AM
Joined Jan 2009
791 Posts
Cool...did not know about the Reedy offering.
thanks
imgumby
Old Feb 28, 2010, 05:24 PM
Cookie
Australia, NSW, Petersham
Joined Sep 2005
1,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby View Post
I am looking to go brushless in a xray m18 and would like to know which system has the smallest foot print.
Recommendations for alternates entertained...
thanks in advance
imgumby
Gday imgumby,
Here's a few shots of the Micro Pro in the Xray M18Pro,

Regards
Peter
10x8 is offline Find More Posts by 10x8
Last edited by 10x8; Mar 16, 2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old Mar 01, 2010, 09:18 PM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x8 View Post
Gday imgumby,
Here's a few shots of the Micro Pro in the Xray M18Pro,

Regards
Peter
What Kv of motor is that? It looks like it will fit, but that is about the last place I would think of putting an ESC. It will dissipate heat into the motor and vice versa.
By looking at those pics I would say that you should be able to flip the Rx length ways on the chassis and put that Reedy ESC right on top of it.
Last edited by 2sicMiniT; Mar 01, 2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old Mar 01, 2010, 09:33 PM
Cookie
Joined Sep 2005
1,178 Posts
oops.
Last edited by 10x8; Mar 01, 2010 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Double post
Old Mar 01, 2010, 09:38 PM
Cookie
Joined Sep 2005
1,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suc2sicMiniT View Post
What Kv of motor is that? It looks like it will fit, but that is about the last place I would think of putting an ESC. It will dissipate heat into the motor and vice versa.
It is 6800kv C/C's. Looks like it will fit?? It is fit mate and runs? Do you own Xray M18pro? The car has ran over 12 times now with blistering performance on 2s lipo. Absolutley no problem.
I thought I was here to show the footprint of a Mamba Micro in Xray M18?
Where would you mount the esc, on the drive shaft, maybe the roof, how about the motor? There is min room for squat buddy. Micro has same foot as pro.
Hey, something else to get you back up. It is still running plastic gears and drive shafts.

Bye
Last edited by 10x8; Mar 16, 2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2010, 12:54 AM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x8 View Post
It is 6800kv C/C's. Looks like it will fit?? It is fit mate and runs? Do you own Xray M18pro? The car has ran over 12 times now with blistering performance on 2s lipo. Absolutley no problem.
I thought I was here to show the footprint of a Mamba Micro in Xray M18?
Where would you mount the esc, on the drive shaft, maybe the roof, how about the motor? There is min room for squat buddy. Micro has same foot as pro.
Hey, something else to get you back up. It is still running plastic gears and drive shafts.

Bye
Wow, got a bit of a problem down under mate? Panties in a bunch much?

I would love to show you how to setup your car a little better. You have room, you just arent using it the best you could. I am sorry you seem to have taken offense to me saying that "I would not" mount something that way. Obviously doesn't mean YOU wouldnt! And I don't have a problem with you doing it the way you want. By all means, go right ahead.

The point of this kind of forum is for everyone to hone technique and learn how to do it better. This comes from criticism and recommendations. Just because someone points out a flaw in your thinking, it's not fair for you to get all pissy with someone else cause your few watts short was giving you dim witt!

I could be wrong, (I have been many many times) but I am pretty sure people seeing your post about the micro pro aren't sitting there thinking,
"hmmmm I would love to get something that I have to jam in sideways to fit." Did I mention (many many times)?
Old Mar 02, 2010, 01:03 AM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
In all seriousness 10x8, how much of a problem is having the holes in bottom of the chassis. Looks like that is having a bearing on how you are having to fit things in there? Have you tried the same positioning the ESC Is in with the Rx? It might balance you out a bit better to swap positions. And, help with heat
Old Mar 02, 2010, 02:06 AM
Cookie
Joined Sep 2005
1,178 Posts
Ha ha, you make me laugh. Well done and thanks Suc2sicMiniT.
Me panties were tight this morn and I fell out of bed and smashed me noggin on the floor.
The day I cannot take abuse, when heapin' it on, I'll always stand corrected mate.
Apologies my electronic friend, let's start again.

I cannot fit the C/C micro anywhere but where it is? If you have the skills to show me, with pics how imgumby and myself can do better, plz do.

All good here my son. No worries.
Old Mar 02, 2010, 02:09 AM
Cookie
Joined Sep 2005
1,178 Posts
The body is Maz 626 or Lola type - no room

Peter
Old Mar 02, 2010, 04:48 AM
Cookie
Joined Sep 2005
1,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suc2sicMiniT View Post
you dim witt!
No need for that son, but I am oddly laughing being called that?

Pete
Old Mar 02, 2010, 11:32 AM
Joined Jan 2009
791 Posts
Hey...Don't make me come back there
Please play nice in my thread.I want all the ideas I can use as there is very little room as mentioned so please..make comments about the set up...and not the poster.
thanks

imgumby
Old Mar 02, 2010, 12:09 PM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
GG mate!

Apologies ImGumby, I was up for biggest douche in the universe award yesterday. I lost!

10x8 you should have room for your Receiver where your ESC is. Then put the ESC on top of the servo. Have you tried that? Then coil your wires around a 1/8" allen key that should help shorten them up and keep them under control.

I have been looking for a couple hours now for all the different x-ray setups I could find, and I am seeing that there are lots of good builds out there that don't have such compromised space.

For space consideration I would say that the c/c Sidewinder micro looks like the best fit since it will sit flat on the battery strap. The micro pro will still work, but gotta be really diligent to get things to fit.
Old Mar 03, 2010, 03:22 PM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
If you are not considering using the parts in your xray for another model you may also consider shortening your wires to the length you need them, rather than having a birds nest to wrangle. That takes up just as much room as the receiver.