HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2010, 04:23 AM
Joined Feb 2010
61 Posts
Discussion
Retracts for FMS P 51 mustang

Hi everyone. I am not sure if this has been covered and answered on here yet but I would like to have the retract servo for the FMS P 51 mustang sloweed down so that the look is more scale. Is this possible to do or am I just stuck with the " bang-bang" ....?

Has anyone found a way to slow the stock servo on this plane? I see that HL sells a slow down module, but have read that this may not work with limited range servos, is this true?

Love to hear from all you "modders" that have solved this issue.

This is a stunning plane and very, very scale. Can't wait to try it out soon.
Cheers
mapsyd is offline Find More Posts by mapsyd
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2010, 05:41 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapsyd View Post
Hi everyone. I am not sure if this has been covered and answered on here yet but I would like to have the retract servo for the FMS P 51 mustang sloweed down so that the look is more scale. Is this possible to do or am I just stuck with the " bang-bang" ....?

Has anyone found a way to slow the stock servo on this plane? I see that HL sells a slow down module, but have read that this may not work with limited range servos, is this true?

Love to hear from all you "modders" that have solved this issue.

This is a stunning plane and very, very scale. Can't wait to try it out soon.
Cheers
M...there's a thread dedicated to this P-51 and will answer all your modding questions. Giant FMS EPO P-51

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...92043&page=163

To answer your question, use a servo slowdown module to slow down the retracts. It has been found that the stock servos do not have the strength to pull the gear up to a locked position with a slowdown module...as the torque decreases with the module. Stronger servos are in order for that mod.
LICobra is offline Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old Feb 27, 2010, 05:53 AM
Joined Feb 2010
61 Posts
Thanks for that. makes sense. So I would have to re install a stronger servo? sounds fairly easy just need to know how much stronger...
Cheers
mapsyd is offline Find More Posts by mapsyd
Old Feb 27, 2010, 12:12 PM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapsyd View Post
Thanks for that. makes sense. So I would have to re install a stronger servo? sounds fairly easy just need to know how much stronger...
Cheers

M...Any slow down module will do, most use the Turnigy...about $8 from HobbyCity...as far as the servo you should be looking for over 50 oz in or
4 kg depending if you use metric !!
LICobra is offline Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade