HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2010, 01:37 AM
Yeppoon Queensland
Joined Oct 2009
242 Posts
Discussion
Kodys' new plane

Here is Kodys' new ZDD. It is almost ready to fly and Kody is getting very excited. I have yet to finish painting it and install the two nylon bolts that hold the wing to the fuse. I was a little too heavy with the dope and the covering touched a secondary spar and adheared to it. I ran out of acetone so the ungluing will have to wait till tomorrow. To do any work in the workshop means being eaten by mozzies. This makes you work fast and under a smoke screen of repellent.
The elevons have not yet been glued and pinned in, (mozzies) but I will try and take a photo of the steering arrangement. It is a bit different to most set-ups I have seen. I can't remember how I built the first ZDD, but I am certain I built it to conform with the original plan. This is the same engine, an ST-45 ABC glow engine with the same muffler and it is a bit on the heavy side for such a long nose. This new ZDD may need some weight in the tail to balance it. When I make the next one, I will move the wing forward about 1 1/4" to maybe 1 1/2". I think this will balance it out perfectly. I can check out the exact location for the wing position by using the "Vanessa" C/G finder. This is a fabulous tool and I should have made one a long time ago, especialy when it only costs about $10.00 or so.
One of the great advantages of owning a ZDD is it takes up so little space in the car as there is no stupid stab to get in the way. (Stabs. are old fashioned, don't need them)

Joe and Kody
Joe'n Kody is offline Find More Posts by Joe'n Kody
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2010, 06:10 AM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,304 Posts
Looks like the "Cats Meow"!

Kimber is offline Find More Posts by Kimber
Old Feb 27, 2010, 12:45 PM
Prop Buster Extraordinaire
Seattle
Joined Aug 2009
1,201 Posts
when are you going to show video of cody flying it?
philba is offline Find More Posts by philba
Old Feb 27, 2010, 09:39 PM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,043 Posts
Take charge of your environment!
http://www.mozziebusters.com.au/how-it-works.htm
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin