SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:14 PM
NE Arkansas
Joined Apr 2007
159 Posts
I will be brining my Bipe to SEFF this year. Any one else doing the same?
- Don
dkennedy35 is offline Find More Posts by dkennedy35
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2012, 07:16 AM
Danville, GA
Joined Aug 2010
824 Posts
I live 1 1/2 hour drive from SEFF. I can't be there the whole time but will probably show up and fly on Saturday. I don't have the Bipe but will bring my Micro ssX.
ckreef is offline Find More Posts by ckreef
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:32 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkennedy35 View Post
I will be brining my Bipe to SEFF this year. Any one else doing the same?
- Don
Love to see pictures, I will not be at SEFF this year.

James
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:36 PM
NE Arkansas
Joined Apr 2007
159 Posts
I will see what I can do about the pictures.

-Don
Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:05 PM
Joined Oct 2005
44 Posts
Guys
how long to build this ?
I love the slow stick and need a bipe for a contest in about 3 weeks
Thanks
mfranke is offline Find More Posts by mfranke
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:42 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfranke View Post
Guys
how long to build this ?
I love the slow stick and need a bipe for a contest in about 3 weeks
Thanks
An experienced builder with good covering skill can build it in a week. The kit requires no carving and very little shaping.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:43 PM
NE Arkansas
Joined Apr 2007
159 Posts
It took me more than that, but I am a slow builder.
- Don
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:38 PM
Eject! Eject! Eject!
Dayton, OH
Joined Sep 2004
1,002 Posts
I broke down an finally ordered one of these kits! I have an SSX which is a blast to fly, very responsive. this will be my fall project.

AD
AeroDude is offline Find More Posts by AeroDude
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:41 PM
NE Arkansas
Joined Apr 2007
159 Posts
You will enjoy the build, and the flying.
-Don
Old Aug 13, 2012, 07:00 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
I'm gald to see this thread is still current with some of the folks that have built the bipe..!! I built the trainer wing on the SSX ...It has become my favorite flyer and I have no doubt I've sold a few for Millennium,everyone that has seen it or has seen it fly wants one ... ...I can't wait to get the bipe in the air I bought it almost a month ago but, I had two other planes to finish (don't want to get caught with more on my plate than I can handle ...again)

So far ,so good with the build ..I'm taking it slow and making sure everything is perfect... I noticed a couple of things I wasn't quite certain of yet..

1) the cardboard tubes ?Do they go thru the wing in one piece ?They appear to,but it also looks like there's a short section in the center lower wing and upper wing assembly ,or am I missing a carbon rod that go's inside of the tube sleeve..
planesilver is offline Find More Posts by planesilver
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:22 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planesilver View Post
I'm gald to see this thread is still current with some of the folks that have built the bipe..!! I built the trainer wing on the SSX ...It has become my favorite flyer and I have no doubt I've sold a few for Millennium,everyone that has seen it or has seen it fly wants one ... ...I can't wait to get the bipe in the air I bought it almost a month ago but, I had two other planes to finish (don't want to get caught with more on my plate than I can handle ...again)

So far ,so good with the build ..I'm taking it slow and making sure everything is perfect... I noticed a couple of things I wasn't quite certain of yet..

1) the cardboard tubes ?Do they go thru the wing in one piece ?They appear to,but it also looks like there's a short section in the center lower wing and upper wing assembly ,or am I missing a carbon rod that go's inside of the tube sleeve..
The two 13" paper wing tube sleeves get cut into 3 pieces each. First cut from each piece a length equal to the width of the center wing section. Now you have two short pieces and two long. Now cut the two long pieces in half. Those will be the 4 outer wing tube sleeves. The two short pieces will be your inner center wing tube sleeves. The two 12" carbon tubes are shipped inside the two paper tubes.

James
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:23 PM
Eject! Eject! Eject!
Dayton, OH
Joined Sep 2004
1,002 Posts
everything arrived today, getting ready for the build. I flew my SSX yesterday, tuning up my skills in preparation for the bipe.

the stick planes are my favorites too! I have several larger scale planes but they get little attention as compared to my SSX & Slow Stick.

AD
AeroDude is offline Find More Posts by AeroDude
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:32 AM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Thanks James,I thought there might be some CF involed in there somewhere Oh !! and believe it or not I just recieved two pair of glasses from the VA Hosp. today ,I think I'll give'em a try...
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:21 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Well this has been a fun build ,Just about ready for a first flight I thought I might add a little of the old to the build and add a truss system to the vertical fin and stab. using nylon line along with making the tail feathers stronger it will add some looks too I'll post a picture or two when it's all completed..
Last edited by planesilver; Aug 29, 2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:03 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Here's a mod that I used on a few planes, really adds some strenght to the tail feathers... I've used it on a few planes, after I lost a plane in a tight loop when the stab folded up...It makes the vert fin nice and strong also...with a 480 motor on this I'll no doubt put it to the test I tied a short piece of scrap CF rod on nylon beading thread ( for the gold color) and threaded it thru short pieces of plastic push rod tube and snugged the line tight, a drop of CA wicked in the tube on the threads and it's solidOnce the CA is set you can trim the CF rod off ..
Last edited by planesilver; Aug 30, 2012 at 12:03 AM.