Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 24, 2001, 08:49 AM
Balsa Flies Better!
Stamford, CT
Joined Oct 2000
6,704 Posts
Suggestions for a new weapon in Afghanistan

If my injecting a little levity onto this board offends you- please don't read further.

It's pretty clear that the terrorist in Bin Laden's organization have been thinking out of the box. Maybe it's time that we begin thinking out of the box too.

The points have already been raised that there really aren't any strategic targets in Afghanistan and that military action may be fruitless.

What I didn't know was that most Afghans actually like the US. During the time of the Soviet invasion, there were high approval ratings of the US by most of the populace according to the former US embassador to Afghanistan.

It's clear that the average Afghan doesn't want a war with the US, and the Taliban really don't have any idea of what they are doing.

OK, so we need a weapon to target the Taliban. What don't they like? Answer- American Pop Culture. So let's give it to them. We need a way to produce a big screen in the sky, so you can't miss it when you look up. I mean big- like hundreds or thousands of square miles. Big hologram generators? Next we need really big speakers- large enough so you can't go anywhere without hearing them. OK, some people are going to be deafened, but it's less damage than being bombed. Then we play Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, NSync, Vanilla Ice, etc. 24 hours a day. These Talibans are all nuts- let's push them over the edge....

(Actually, I think the FBI used similar tactics in standoffs, unfortunately I'm not sure it worked real well. Clearly we need video too.)

Sam
Megowcoupe is offline Find More Posts by Megowcoupe
Old Sep 24, 2001, 03:20 PM
Lebanon, Ohio
Joined Sep 2001
96 Posts
What business does the US have offending the Afghan culture? The purpose is to get the people that are actually responsible for the acts
woodchuck is offline Find More Posts by woodchuck
Old Sep 24, 2001, 05:53 PM
Most Exalted Windbag
Newark, DE USA
Joined May 2001
1,632 Posts
Afghan culture???

That would offend me!
Red Baron 47 is offline Find More Posts by Red Baron 47
Old Sep 25, 2001, 04:18 PM
York Electronics
Dallas Tx USA
Joined Apr 1999
2,505 Posts
My suggestion would be that we provide a phone list, of all those who live in Afghanastan that we are after, to AT&T, Chase Bank, the Figher Fighters Association and who ever else in rude enought to interupt our dinners at home. Think that will irritate them?

Gary
--
Gary Warner is offline Find More Posts by Gary Warner