HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:55 PM
An AZ 3DHS Addict
Chandler, AZ
Joined Feb 2007
1,370 Posts
Discussion
3DHS Fliers on Facebook?

How many GQF fliers own and fly 3D Hobby Shop planes? Are you also on Facebook? If so, I've started a new AZ 3DHS Addicts group on Facebook! The idea is it will be a place to go for local info on all things 3D Hobby Shop!

All thoughts and feedback welcome!

Cecil
Throwdown is offline Find More Posts by Throwdown
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2010, 06:14 PM
An AZ 3DHS Addict
Chandler, AZ
Joined Feb 2007
1,370 Posts
Wow! I thought Teik-Ee and maybe Jim Varley would have commented on this!
Old Mar 04, 2010, 06:15 PM
An AZ 3DHS Addict
Chandler, AZ
Joined Feb 2007
1,370 Posts
The addiction continues... Weaser42 (Kevin Paine) and I maidened my 65" 3D Hobby Shop Vyper (yellow) today in a brisk wind (no fear!) and with only 2 clicks of up and 1 right aileron it was dialed in! Kevin took a turn while I videotaped. Unfortunately, both of us had to return to work so photos/video will have to wait.

You should see the big grin on my face!
Old Mar 04, 2010, 09:19 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
1,573 Posts
i joined the group! I have been flying the heck out of my original 47" 330 SHP
M.Huerta is offline Find More Posts by M.Huerta
Old Mar 04, 2010, 10:03 PM
Glitch Master
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Apr 2007
2,026 Posts
Hey Cecil!

I was on facebook once, someone I know sent me a message where I had to join to read it, or something like that. It was perhaps 9 months ago, and haven't been back since. I don't even remember the password. Remember, too, I didn't know until I posted here 6 months ago what a "tweet" was, LOL. It's funny, years ago I would rewrite code for my windows 3.1 to customize it for my use, I could pull a practical joke and make the curser into a fatal error window, but now I am as stupid as a stick when it comes to today's computers and social sites. I took a peek at your link, and it looks like it is still developing, not much there yet, but it is definately on my "favorites" list now. Teik-Ee has been really busy with work, but you know he'll be watching your site too

I'm looking forward to watching you fly again, you are incredible on the sticks, if we ever get our field back again from the horse people.

--Jim
Jim Varley is offline Find More Posts by Jim Varley
Old Mar 04, 2010, 10:50 PM
An AZ 3DHS Addict
Chandler, AZ
Joined Feb 2007
1,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Varley View Post
Hey Cecil!

I'm looking forward to watching you fly again, you are incredible on the sticks, if we ever get our field back again from the horse people.

--Jim
Thanks Jim but I'm pretty certain you have me confused with my friend Kevin (Weaser42) who actually is crazy good on the sticks! I'm just a hack in comparison!
Old Mar 04, 2010, 10:50 PM
An AZ 3DHS Addict
Chandler, AZ
Joined Feb 2007
1,370 Posts
Posted some photos over on the Addicts thread that my friend Kevin (Weaser42) took of my 65" Vyper's maiden today!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6401
Old Mar 04, 2010, 10:59 PM
Glitch Master
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Apr 2007
2,026 Posts
:::hanging head::: yeah, your right, that is Kevin that I have seen sawing the sticks, LOL. Looked at your pics, very nice, it is inspiring me to get the AJ Slick from the AEF out of the box and put together...
Jim Varley is offline Find More Posts by Jim Varley
Old Mar 04, 2010, 11:22 PM
Pattern Abuser
Gilbert, AZ
Joined Apr 2008
2,833 Posts
I'm on board...

Waiting to pre order the 62" Osiris Pattern Plane.

Cheers,

Jim
jimflys1 is offline Find More Posts by jimflys1
Old Mar 05, 2010, 12:50 AM
An AZ 3DHS Addict
Chandler, AZ
Joined Feb 2007
1,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Varley View Post
:::hanging head::: yeah, your right, that is Kevin that I have seen sawing the sticks, LOL. Looked at your pics, very nice, it is inspiring me to get the AJ Slick from the AEF out of the box and put together...
What size Slick did you get? I have the 51" and it's one of my most favorite planes to fly!
Old Mar 05, 2010, 12:51 AM
An AZ 3DHS Addict
Chandler, AZ
Joined Feb 2007
1,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimflys1 View Post
I'm on board...

Waiting to pre order the 62" Osiris Pattern Plane.

Cheers,

Jim
I can't wait to check that one out myself Jim! Sounds awesome!
Old Mar 05, 2010, 01:13 AM
"Thumbs"
Gilbert, Arizona
Joined Jan 2007
1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwdown View Post
Wow! I thought Teik-Ee and maybe Jim Varley would have commented on this!
Cecil,

Sorry for not replying earlier! Work's been overwhelming lately.

Love those 3DHS planes and the way they make me look like I know what I am doing! Some can consider me a 3DHS addict!

Although I think it is a good idea, I do not have a facebook account and I do not plan on signing up. Already spending too much time in this forum already. There is not enough time in a day for me with my work and family. I'll keep up once in awhile and absolutely enjoy you guys who builds and flies RC planes.

Saw the pictures of your big Vyper and it is gorgeous. Mine is still in the box ...again for the lack of time.

Teik-Ee
Quiet E. Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Quiet E. Flyer
Old Mar 07, 2010, 11:39 PM
An AZ 3DHS Addict
Chandler, AZ
Joined Feb 2007
1,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet E. Flyer View Post
Cecil,

Sorry for not replying earlier! Work's been overwhelming lately.

Love those 3DHS planes and the way they make me look like I know what I am doing! Some can consider me a 3DHS addict!

Although I think it is a good idea, I do not have a facebook account and I do not plan on signing up. Already spending too much time in this forum already. There is not enough time in a day for me with my work and family. I'll keep up once in awhile and absolutely enjoy you guys who builds and flies RC planes.

Saw the pictures of your big Vyper and it is gorgeous. Mine is still in the box ...again for the lack of time.

Teik-Ee
Thanks for the kind words Teik-Ee! No worries on being too busy! I totally get that and I find myself in that same position way too often!

Cecil