HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2010, 05:38 AM
Planet Earth
Joined Jul 2005
713 Posts
Anyone can comment on the B3553 motor? Can't find any test report on google...
tungym is offline Find More Posts by tungym
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2010, 08:33 AM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
4,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_y2k2 View Post
Via whom if you don't mind me asking?
I am unsure of UK vendors at this time.
Jason Cole is online now Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Mar 01, 2010, 08:35 AM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
4,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac View Post
Hey Jason,
Will the Euro be able to rog? If so, what be your guess-ti-mate as to
length needed?
Thanks,
Kerry
Yes. You can see one in the video. Length will depend on wind and other factors. Maybe 50-60 feet.

Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Mar 01, 2010, 08:36 AM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
4,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareh View Post
Hey Jason are we gonna see it in RCX at Pomona?
I'm afraid I won't be making it to RCX this year. The Eurofighter's first show appearance for us will be at SEFF, but most people will have their own hands on one before then.

Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Mar 01, 2010, 12:53 PM
luisflycubs
Vancouver WA
Joined Feb 2009
46 Posts
Wow, nice looking airplane. I am definitely giving this some serious consideration.

Jason, how long a flight are you getting with the recommended batter? Is there room in the bird to use a larger batter?

Thanks

Luis
luisflycubs is offline Find More Posts by luisflycubs
Old Mar 01, 2010, 08:35 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,599 Posts
Quote:
Jason, how long a flight are you getting with the recommended batter? Is there room in the bird to use a larger batter?

Thanks

Luis
See Post 9
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite Allusive 2.2M
Old Mar 02, 2010, 08:08 AM
Joined Jan 2005
69 Posts
Think a 4200mah pack would fit?

I ordered one of these bad boys, reciever ready. Had a lot of fun with the SU-34 untill I broke the front landing gear twice. I hope the landing gear is stronger on this plane. I to would also like to know if a 6s 4200 or 6s 5000 would fit in this plane. I would like to get a little over 5 minutes with some throttle management if I can contain myself.
NIGHTCTMAN is offline Find More Posts by NIGHTCTMAN
Old Mar 02, 2010, 11:00 AM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
4,987 Posts
Bigger Packs

Guys,
There is some room there, but you'll have to get creative to make it all fit. The 6S 3700 packs I'm using just barely fit height wise under the canopy. It can be done though I'm sure.

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Administrator
Old Mar 02, 2010, 11:58 AM
CAP 232-aholic
Centreville, VA
Joined Jan 2003
1,376 Posts
any idea of quality aftermarket fan/motor combo for this bird? I am contemplating getting the ARF version and going 3rd party guts. 75-80mph is great but 100 would make me giddy with this beast of a plane

matt
DiabloKid is offline Find More Posts by DiabloKid
Old Mar 02, 2010, 01:23 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,596 Posts
It will be available in the UK soon? Oh god....please....NOT RIPMAX?!

I'm having one, but, two observations [ok, and questions]....where are the pilots?....and is the canopy removable without destroying to add them?......I'm assuming I'm going to have to have RAF decals made?
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Mar 02, 2010, 06:12 PM
Joined Oct 2007
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
It will be available in the UK soon? Oh god....please....NOT RIPMAX?!

I'm having one, but, two observations [ok, and questions]....where are the pilots?....and is the canopy removable without destroying to add them?......I'm assuming I'm going to have to have RAF decals made?

I asked robot birds and they said ripmax will be supplying them
rusty_y2k2 is offline Find More Posts by rusty_y2k2
Old Mar 03, 2010, 09:59 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloKid View Post
any idea of quality aftermarket fan/motor combo for this bird? I am contemplating getting the ARF version and going 3rd party guts. 75-80mph is great but 100 would make me giddy with this beast of a plane

matt
Jason, is this model using the same Freewing 360 60mm Vectored thrust system? If yes this may account for the slower speed as the exhaust outlet will have some loss with a single 90mm EDF.
Is there enough room to add a thrust tube to maybe correct this? Again if you could provide a snapshot of the edf compartment that would be a big help.

Also the Retracts: I asked earlier if same would be used on this model as had been on other Freewing models. I ask because I have the ChangeSun electric retracts which are closer in size to the Fly Fly retracts and would like to know if this would be an easy fit. http://x-flight.com.hk/index.php?sp=...&more=&lang=en

Also is the BEC internal to the ESC or is there an external BEC on this model? Can the ESC voltage be set to 6V?
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Mar 03, 2010 at 10:20 AM. Reason: BEC question added
Old Mar 03, 2010, 11:24 AM
United States, OH, North Olmsted
Joined Feb 2009
126 Posts
Maxthrottle,

Nice link on the retracts. I am hoping that eventually, someone will be able to answer the question if this plane with current retracts or perhaps the retracts you suggest can handle grass landings. There are so many of us that do not have the luxury of always having access to a paved runway.

Thanks.
Steam28 is offline Find More Posts by Steam28
Old Mar 03, 2010, 11:38 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steam28 View Post
Maxthrottle,

Nice link on the retracts. I am hoping that eventually, someone will be able to answer the question if this plane with current retracts or perhaps the retracts you suggest can handle grass landings. There are so many of us that do not have the luxury of always having access to a paved runway.

Thanks.
Same for me but also these changeSun retracts are just more simple and the flyfly stuts that come with this model should fit the changesun retract. In some of the pics it looks like the factory gear drifts a little in or out and the retracts used on the prior Freewing models had there own minor issues so I ended up replacing them. So I'm just planning ahead.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2010, 12:47 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_y2k2 View Post
I asked robot birds and they said ripmax will be supplying them
LOL....about right....that means it will cost a fortune...will take 6 months to arrive...and they won't bring in the airframe only version....not to mention won't have a clue what they are selling....looks like I'm buying from abroad!
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello