HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:56 AM
Tesla's Workshop
USA, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2004
2,453 Posts
Discussion
Invited to Aerospace Corp.

It seems that the EzOSD videos that I have been posting have attracted some attention from the nice folks at the Air Force / Aerospace Corp. complex in El Segundo, California. Every airborne defense contractor has an office in El Segundo as it is the heart of the U.S. military aviation community and the Air Force’s Space Command. One of the senior scientists from Aerospace Corp. saw what we were doing at the civilian level and thought it would be nice if we came in and gave a demonstration to his colleagues.

Cartographer and spotter Nick Ritter and I met with six representatives from the company including Frank Voit one of the original scientists that developed the GPS system in the mid-sixties. Mr. Voit retired from Aerospace Corp. over thirteen years ago but the company keeps his laboratory and office intact so he can continue to come and go as he wishes. He developed many Cesium clock modulation technologies and other key advances that have made the U.S. GPS system what it is today. It was a true honor to meet this man and hear of his exploits.

We showed the Lancaster three mile video highlighting the EzOSD’s ability to drive Google Earth simultaneously. Although everyone in the room was completely familiar with the technology we were demonstrating (heck, we were in the room with one of the inventors of GPS!) they were very impressed with what we could accomplish with a three pound foam plane, a little video transmitter and some clever code from ImmersionRC.

Jeff
workshop is offline Find More Posts by workshop
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:41 PM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,417 Posts
Good luck, and BE CAREFUL!
CenTexFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CenTexFlyer
Old Feb 23, 2010, 01:01 PM
Tesla's Workshop
USA, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2004
2,453 Posts
I lead a semi-public life so privacy is out the door for me. I'm a civilian, never had a clearance but I'm on "our" side (kind of like Elvis).

kVA Effects Argon Cannon Tesla Coil (0 min 44 sec)

Now if I could just put an Argon Cannon on a Foamie ...

Jeff
Old Feb 23, 2010, 01:26 PM
Gaftopher
Nottingham Road South Africa/Bedford UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,966 Posts
Coolio
Gary Mortimer is online now Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer
Old Feb 23, 2010, 02:06 PM
Tesla's Workshop
USA, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2004
2,453 Posts
Coolio!! kVA Effects at 1:56

Coolio TOO HOT(FULL CLIP) (4 min 57 sec)