HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2010, 06:52 PM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,634 Posts
Alert
$70 BUCKS! Quanum 2.4Ghz voltage telemetry (1km Range)

I just want to help my fellow RC mates out on a great deal!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...try_(1km_Range)

Guys I'm not a hobbyking sales men or anything BUT you will NEVER GO DEADSTICK AGAIN! On the site it's posted at $99.95 but when you put it in your basket it comes out $69.95!
I have it and MAN IT WORKS GREAT! Real time! So easy a dumdie like me can do it!
Please think about it and save your investment. Because I have deadstick a few. It's always that one more last round that gets me LOL Thinking I can do one last pass.
I wanted to do a video of how well it works in real time, but I dont really understand the camera and computer to do so.
jet-ster is offline Find More Posts by jet-ster
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:37 PM
USA, TX, Corpus Christi
Joined May 2005
594 Posts
They sell the whip antenna now for this. Just be careful no to let it touch the RX antenna. Saw my buddy's spektrum 2.4 lock out...only thing different was the new whip antenna in the bay, close to the rx antenna
DbleX is offline Find More Posts by DbleX
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:14 PM
Aviator
Bellevue, WA
Joined Dec 2007
763 Posts
I flew the maiden flight this weekend and it almost ended in disaster. With the stock motor it took a long time to rotate and take off. Once in the air it was all over the place and it was almost impossible to control. I knew I had to land anywhere I could so I just brought it down past the field into the long grass. It suffered minor foam dents and tears.

FYI, I found a matching color for the gold colored model it is Dazzling Metallics finish. DA263 I purchased it at Micheals. It is an acrylic paint and good for foam and matches 100%.

Anyway, I discovered that the aileron hinge was not glued in the wing and the aileron was fluttering. I was not happy with the power of the ducted fan so I upgraded to an ARC 28-37-2 and I am using a 4s 2650 LIPO. So far on the bench it has a little over 1 to 1 power. If the weather permits I will test fly this weekend.

Vern
velyter is offline Find More Posts by velyter
Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:45 AM
United States, MD, Gaithersburg
Joined Jan 2007
56 Posts
I had thought about one of these things, only i was looking at the Eagle Tree setup.

Aside from what they do, here is what I dont like about them.

1. To see the screen, you have to remove your eyes from what? A split second, could cost you quite a bit of cash, regaurdless of what the telemetry says.

2. If you have an engine cut off, or, a servo fail, or any other potentially catastrophic failure, what will this do for you?

3. Seems like more of a gimmick than anything.

Thats just what I dont like about them. Granted, the idea is awesome, the application, well, I think is just a gimmick more than anything else.

Jesse
jstickley is offline Find More Posts by jstickley
Old Feb 23, 2010, 01:14 AM
Joined Jan 2009
289 Posts
This think is very practical. i use one and you dont have to look at it if this is your problem, although screen is big and font size is also big, but before i ran out of electrons its just start beeping then i know i have to land. And its cheap
iamzoli1 is offline Find More Posts by iamzoli1
Old Feb 23, 2010, 08:04 AM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
pretty neat if you have someone looking over your shoulder to let you know what's what with the gauge... but I agree with those who don't want to take their eyes off of their plane... particularly in the context of an EDF forum, this isn't wise.

I'll stick with the timer and old fashioned sense for knowing when it's time to land.
Smokescreen38 is offline Find More Posts by Smokescreen38
Old Feb 23, 2010, 08:29 AM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,634 Posts
It's really not that bad. It does beep when it gets dangerously low. I just get my jet leveled and in a safe flight before I look at it.

Timer is good. But if you have a bad cell thats not good on the timer. That was how I crash my last one until this thing was released.

I just want to share what seems to me as very helpful and help others from deadsticking there next one.

It really works great on my extrem filght 58in extra. When you fly behind 10mins you start to wonder what you got left. It could be 5 min or 10 mins depending on my flying style.

Danny
Old Mar 13, 2010, 04:41 PM
CNC Cutter
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,485 Posts
I just received mine today !

It works right out of the box.

C'Mon spring !!!
birdofplay is offline Find More Posts by birdofplay
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:18 AM
My hobby is an investment
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2008
191 Posts
I like the idea a lot! If it have a beeper to alert you if the battery level is low I guess it will fix my problem on dead cells and reduce my job to calculate flight time avoiding also mistakes. I'll give a try!

Good call jet-ster.
Gleber is offline Find More Posts by Gleber
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:11 PM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,634 Posts
Cheap compared to what we have put into our hobby. Just a good piece of mine to know what you got. Just an add protection other then a timer that doesnt really know how you fly from one pack to the other.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:12 AM
CNC Cutter
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,485 Posts
AND the price is now down to $59 but, of course, they are out of them !
birdofplay is offline Find More Posts by birdofplay
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:32 AM
Doppler wrangler
Joined Sep 2007
717 Posts
I've had mine for a couple months now, it is a great unit. Really like it, a must for EDF pilots!
hyperdyne is offline Find More Posts by hyperdyne
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:37 AM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,801 Posts
I'll stick with a timer. I have yet to dead stick a plane.
southernmd_man is offline Find More Posts by southernmd_man
Old Mar 23, 2010, 02:05 PM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,634 Posts
I still use my timer still, becuase it's only $70 you never know what will happen.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 02:06 PM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperdyne View Post
I've had mine for a couple months now, it is a great unit. Really like it, a must for EDF pilots!
Totally agree!