Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 23, 2003, 02:35 AM
vancouver
Joined Apr 2003
11 Posts
questions about my new stinger?!

Hey guys, any one have any experience with the I-care stinger, that they'd like to share, ie the way they fasten the wing to fuse, type of power system used, how did you setup the elevator horn and ailerons, do you have to use balllinks for control surfaces, what do I need to do to avoid flutter, what throws are you using!??? servos used, cg, ect, ect...any info is greatly appreciated, photos would be really helpful too.!!

Thankyou in advance!

Mark
freakqntflyer is offline Find More Posts by freakqntflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2003, 06:46 AM
Canada, NS, Lunenburg
Joined Oct 1999
3,865 Posts
Wing to fuse joint is just taped on.

Plenty of Stinger threads here, just do a search for most of the information you're looking for.
DaveSawers is offline Find More Posts by DaveSawers
Old May 27, 2003, 02:04 AM
vancouver
Joined Apr 2003
11 Posts
does
anyone
care
at all?????????????
Old May 27, 2003, 03:15 AM
F5D father
Vantaa, Finland
Joined Mar 2001
441 Posts
Oh yes

...but these questions have really been answered so many times that it is your job now to look for them...
Tuomas Pietinen is offline Find More Posts by Tuomas Pietinen
Old May 27, 2003, 01:04 PM
Joined Mar 2003
3,032 Posts
As Dave said...

do a search on stingers and you'll find all sorts of info, pictures, etc. After you've put in some search time and have a few remaining questions, post them. Your request in your original post was a little broad, that's why you've received no specific answers.

Feel free to ping me directly if you need to. It's a great little plane!
ClayH is offline Find More Posts by ClayH
Last edited by ClayH; May 27, 2003 at 01:06 PM.
Old May 28, 2003, 02:18 PM
vancouver
Joined Apr 2003
11 Posts
thanks to all who replied, I'm a a bit of a newbie to these boards and to pylon racers in general, I fly heli's mostly!!!

cheers mark!!
Old May 28, 2003, 05:07 PM
Northern CA
Joined Apr 2003
124 Posts
freakqntflyer,

I am also a heli (got 5 helis - Nexus, Logo 10, Caliber 30, Robbe Cuatro, and Fury Extreme) pilot and I have recently decided to give this pylon racing idea a try.

I purchased a carbon Switchblade (maybe one step below a Stinger) and I am installing a Mega 16/15/3 motor with a 4.75X4.75 prop, a 30 3p ESC, a 9 cell HECELL Nimh batt, hitech 50 servos, and my trusty old 9CHP radio with a BERG receiver. Hope it all fits.
sharam is offline Find More Posts by sharam
Old May 28, 2003, 07:16 PM
Token Canadian Member
Whitby, Ontario. CANADA!!!
Joined Nov 2001
537 Posts
Hi Sharam,

I'm running that same Mega motor in a Sokol with 8 cells and it's exciting. Don't worry about it all fitting though, it'll go with room to spare.

I am a bit concerned with your choice of servos though. It's going to be a bit heavier and a lot faster than a speed 400 powered Switchblade, and I doubt that the HS-50's will be able to do their jobs for long. I have had great success with HS-55's in all of my pylon models, and the JR241 is an even better choice for the higher powered bullets like ours.

Still have my Robbe Conquest. It's still my favourite, but it doesn't fly well in pieces

Dan
Meneer is offline Find More Posts by Meneer
Old May 29, 2003, 09:33 AM
Northern CA
Joined Apr 2003
124 Posts
Hi Meneer,

Thanks for the reply. I ended up with the 55s actually. I wanted the 55 servos and the vendor managed to find them in stock and send me those instead.

Just got everything in yesterday! I am excited. Now I have to find time to put it all together!!

Will keep you posted.
Sharam
sharam is offline Find More Posts by sharam
Old May 29, 2003, 01:28 PM
Token Canadian Member
Whitby, Ontario. CANADA!!!
Joined Nov 2001
537 Posts
Good luck to you then, I'm glad you got the 55's after all.

Follow the control throw instructions, and add about 10% exponential to the elevator if your radio will do that. Ailerons don't require any expo at all, and don't be concerned with dual rates, just go fly.

Let us all know how it goes.

Mark, how's your Stinger coming along? Have you found the info you were looking for? If you still have some questions I can fill you in, I've been flying my Stinger for the last two years and love it too.

Dan
Meneer is offline Find More Posts by Meneer
Old Jun 03, 2003, 01:11 AM
vancouver
Joined Apr 2003
11 Posts
thanks to all who replied, my stinger had it's maiden flight today and all I can say Is I'm definitely hooked, I love how this little plane flies, I did have some bad luck though, I had pushed the battery pack snug up against the motor and ended up venting the first two hecell 1100's , now I have to replace them, anyone know what the killer setup would be battery and motor wise, also something that fits, I had a hell of a time getting my 8 cell pack in and switched to a seven, not nearly as much oomp, still getting 10-12 min flights on full throttle though!!
Old Jun 07, 2003, 03:00 AM
Baden Baden, Germany
Joined Feb 2001
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by freakqntflyer

, anyone know what the killer setup would be battery and motor wise,

The Hacker B20 15L on 9 cells will work well. I used 9 cells 500AR or 600AE but the KAN seem to be better now, they were not available when I tried that. To keep the amps under control use a shortened CAM 4,7x4,7.

Some guys have gone for 12cells 2/3A in the Stinger with a Hacker B20 but that does not fit in that easily. 9 cells are no problem at all.

Eike

My Homepage
plinse is offline Find More Posts by plinse