HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:41 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
The fuselage have no idea shorter . just thinking other idea , the boxes length 1.49x36x35cm total 2.9m so just ok for normal post office limit , But Australia ia only total 2.5m limit . so just only the idea is DHL/UPS .But cost so high ! The models are some in products line , and use the UK flat to be the first batch about 30 piece , but i know this colour is for use in the real one , but some customer request it . so the Cananda air force and the ligh gray colour be the second batch . But i will find idea to sent to Australia .
Maybe make a bigger section of the nose removeable? I know that would be a slight modification to the plug and mold, but do-able?

Thanks

dave
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:44 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticketec View Post
Maybe make a bigger section of the nose removeable? I know that would be a slight modification to the plug and mold, but do-able?

Thanks

dave
Dave ! Are you mean for mass production or your's ?? if the customer (dealer ) is not big problem if they have the container from china . Just thinking the retail customer in there !
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:51 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham d View Post
Nice video and flying reall good !!!!!!! Just change another camera man please ! Just Kidding !!!! How much they check your speed ? it look like 140-160 km /h
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:54 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,236 Posts
Have to start the mold of the hollow mold wing for delux version .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:22 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Dave ! Are you mean for mass production or your's ?? if the customer (dealer ) is not big problem if they have the container from china . Just thinking the retail customer in there !
For mine, I don't mind if you chop the nose down and then I re-attach it here

But in the longer term, there are going to be more than one person who will want one of these from australia and other countries that have the 2.5m restriction. even if there is a dealer in the country, he willnot be able to ship it within the country either.

Thanks

dave
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:35 AM
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Mar 2011
424 Posts
Quote:
Nice video and flying reall good !!!!!!! Just change another camera man please ! Just Kidding !!!! How much they check your speed ? it look like 140-160 km /h
Kin,

You are welcometo come and visit and do some filming for me here in South Africa

This jet is really nice and the measured speed was on 175km/h.
Graham d is offline Find More Posts by Graham d
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:56 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,236 Posts
yes my eye is a good laser speed checker . you know why , i am a glider speed task record holder
But now go back to slow speed thing F3k !!!!!!!! But F3F still my main sport
i making the composite wing mold for this Hawk for the next level guy and let the coming econ version to upgrade it . the ep retract can come market now . it is for 5-8 kg models it mean for 90-120 fan models . or prop plane 120 size . the products photo here . of couse we are dealer welcome . The struts size fit to 11mm .Nose gear steering wire is 6mm . (not yet make the nose gear photo) , but it just similar other jet models landing gear the matel plate fix in the struts and fit to HITEC 85MG , But smartmodel will combo with KST digital matel gear servo . the price and quality are great ! Note : Our USA exclusive dealer www.scaleflying.com (RCAERODYNE) .
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Jan 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:37 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,236 Posts
Sorry additional informaion . The retract are included the over load protect circuit , and power load in the amper lower than 0.5A so it is no risk for the battery power and nothing effect the receiver . it is build-in circuit board in the dummy cylinder tube .so it is no need the control box , it direct plug to the gear channel . Y cable or any aux channel .Both market radio system comparable .just let your travelling adjust over 100 is work fine .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:42 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,236 Posts
more information copy from my website :
Smartmodel new electric power retract nose gear for 4-8kg aeroplane models( 90-120 ducted fan or 60- 120 nitro plane ) . The reliable circuit board design included over load protect circuit . All the parts are made my 6061 aluminum .It strength and light weight .It build-in with 6mm steering struts wire and nose gear steering servo tray build in with the retract gear . Recommend steering servo HiTec 85MG or similar size matel gear servo .Smartmodel will combo w/ KST digital matel gear servo !
Website have error in the photo , i will fix it soon .
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Jan 10, 2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:27 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,236 Posts
This size now is call S (Small) 90 degree are done now . The coming schudule is 85 degree still S version (15-20Feb) . The 100 degree (S)will finish in end Fed or 10/March ) . Some of the struts are also fit to this 11 mm market size . you can find the struts you like here :http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...51&third_id=86
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:04 AM
Joined Feb 2006
496 Posts
Your 11mm strut - is that the pin diameter?

The struts I have waiting for retracts is sized for 5 mm pins. Definitely, I am interested in your retracts.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24335

Del
delperena is offline Find More Posts by delperena
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:28 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delperena View Post
Your 11mm strut - is that the pin diameter?

The struts I have waiting for retracts is sized for 5 mm pins. Definitely, I am interested in your retracts.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24335

Del
if you want 5 mm is also ok for us , we are factory , any size we can make it . just call me and let me a little time (3-4 days ) , but we will possibel make 5 mm or 6mm in the matel pin . 11mm is for the main gear only !
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Jan 10, 2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:40 AM
Joined Feb 2006
496 Posts
Kin,

I will PM you re: e-retracts after my AMA EXPO trip.

Regards,

Del
delperena is offline Find More Posts by delperena
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:32 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,236 Posts
video here in testing
New electric power retractable landing gear from Smartmodel .MP4 (1 min 52 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:36 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,068 Posts
Kin. The retract look very nice. Any chance that you can post all the dimensional drawings with the info on the website. very hard to select units if no measurements. Thanks
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer