HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:43 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,145 Posts
I have been trying to get in context with kin for a while now to no avail, so I am also starting to worry about him....

Thanks

Dave
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:07 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,213 Posts
Sorry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I back to this earth again ! Still alive ! Sorry guy , i have too bust to work in the models for the next 2013 Nrunburg hobby show . so i have no holiday and family day ,no sick leave , no seep (less sleep ) , So now all the models Hawk -100 and P-51D and some glider are already in the container to germany now . So i can back here now ! I am so sorry !
So back again to the project and now need to sent the models to my test pilot . the mass prodcution of the Hawk -100 is ok ! So i will update the colour scheme and make the products photo in the website . The packing box is ok for air parcel 2.95m total dimention . so Australis have a little trouble , they have only 2.5m limit But maybe other idea to sent . The JA-39 just waiting the plastic models . But i thinking can i use the 3 view floor plan to make this JA version ? But the drawing is just very less cross section , so i need a lot work when i build it . So still have a problem here in this project .I want is cnc the master plug . But the 3-D drawing in hand is AJ version ! Of couse i have other project can let it go first . 90mm F-20 is ready to start . all information done ! it is a a 1.6m length . the nose cone and tail exhaust can separate . so possible to sent in air parcel .So i don't wait the JA . start the F-20 tomorrow . i will update the work in the F-20 , in the same time to let the JA see how to start it . other photo is my F3K competition , lucky get the 2nd position , Ha! Ha! but i think you have not interesting in this class !
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined Feb 2006
488 Posts
Excellent and most awaited news! I saw the "FlyFly" Hawk maiden in another thread. Apparently, that Hawk is from your factory. Very impressive!

JA-37 (Fighter Version) will,very likely, appeal to most than the Attack Version AJ-37. Hopefully, the appropriate plastic model will become available soon.

Realistically, I can wait as I am very tempted to get your Hawk!

Are you building DLGs too? Is that Thomas Lee in the middle of the winners picture?

More power to you,

Del
delperena is online now Find More Posts by delperena
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:54 AM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,206 Posts
del were you talking about a foam 90 mm Hawk video that my son built and maidened last week?
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined Feb 2006
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpea 41 View Post
del were you talking about a foam 90 mm Hawk video that my son built and maidened last week?
Negative!

The Hawk in my post is from Kin's factory, I believe. It is composite, not of foam. The rcgroup thread is:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1771345

Cheers,

Del
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:14 PM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,206 Posts
Oh ,thanks. We maidened a Top Gun ( same as Fly Fly ) foamie last week
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:48 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,145 Posts
Hey Kin,

Great to hear that your ok, just tired!

Looking forward to receiving the models soon.

Thanks

dave
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:56 PM
Joined Feb 2006
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticketec View Post
Hey Kin,

Great to hear that your ok, just tired!

Looking forward to receiving the models soon.

Thanks

dave
Dave,

I just want to make sure you are in synch with Kin. Yes, I was kinda expecting you to be testing a Hawk. From Kin's post above, the 2.95m package dimension exceeds Australia's shipping max limit of 2.5m.

That, I supposed, is why you are not getting the Hawk yet.

I am eager to hear a flight report from you.

Del
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:16 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,145 Posts
Hey Del,

Yeah I have been chatting to kin. To be honest I was suprised to see the prototype hawk flown as well, but it's all good There will be differences between the flyfly offerings and the smartmodel version.

Yes, kin has stated that there will have to be some change to get the box inside the allowable limits for Australia, so once he is over that drama, I hope to have the model arriving shortly after. I'm guessing that you guys will see the pictures of the system Hawk when it ready to be sent to Australia at the same time as I do, and I still can't wait!

I have a HET 650-86-1600 coming from santa so once that makes friends with a wemo rotor or even the CS rotor I should have another 8s driveline option to the ARC 3665-1 I have. two good setup which will allow for either 6s or 8s testing.

Thanks

dave
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:22 AM
Canada, ON, Durham Regional Municipality
Joined Feb 2012
16 Posts
I'm dying to get my hands on a Viggen. I hope this one will be around soon. Personally I don't care if it's the AJ, JA or even an SK would be cool too. The're all beautiful and rare.
Eric Paul is offline Find More Posts by Eric Paul
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:50 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,486 Posts
Why not Just order these plans and scale them down to work with 90mm ? http://www.yolo.net/~jeaton/gems/10viggen.htm
pencon is online now Find More Posts by pencon
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:42 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,213 Posts
Back here now and the video of the Hawk 100
New FLYFLY BAE Hawk 100 (4 min 37 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:16 PM
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Mar 2011
423 Posts
I prefer this video Kin,

FLYFLY BAE Hawk 90mm (5 min 9 sec)
Graham d is offline Find More Posts by Graham d
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:27 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,145 Posts
HI Kin,

Have you sorted the shipping issues out for shipping to Australia?

Thanks

dave
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:35 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,213 Posts
The fuselage have no idea shorter . just thinking other idea , the boxes length 1.49x36x35cm total 2.9m so just ok for normal post office limit , But Australia ia only total 2.5m limit . so just only the idea is DHL/UPS .But cost so high ! The models are some in products line , and use the UK flat to be the first batch about 30 piece , but i know this colour is for use in the real one , but some customer request it . so the Cananda air force and the ligh gray colour be the second batch . But i will find idea to sent to Australia .
RCG Plus Member