Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:23 PM
USA, NC, Hope Mills
Joined Jan 2010
256 Posts
A lot of talking...... but no information on where to buy, etc. The scaleflying website only shows the Black Hawk and nothing else.
Gamalier is offline Find More Posts by Gamalier
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:35 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,905 Posts
Hey Kin,

Any update of the F-20, Do you think it will be on sale by Christmas?

I travel through HK regularly, could I grab one from the factory when on sale. I could put on the plane with my baggage allowance.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:27 PM
Joined Feb 2006
432 Posts
Saab JA-37 Viggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
Any news about the AJ-37 ? possible find a models ?
Kin,

You have two (2) AJ-37 Viggen (Attack Variant) plastic models. JA-37 (Fighter Variant) is the preferred version per recommendation of Marcus (Marell01). A plastic model of JA-37 will likely be available in the first quarter of 2013 - see post #925.

The defined objective is to design/build a 1:10 scale all-composite JA-37 Viggen for EDF.

Two options:

1 - Wait until a 1/48 JA-37 plastic model becomes available by early 2013.

2 - Use the 1/48 AJ-37 plastic models with modifications from drawings posted in this thread. According to Mikael (post #994) - "The most obvious difference is JA37 has a bigger fin (vertical stabiliser) and the gun. JA37 is also a little longer, but thats marginal".

I am for Option #1. A good product is definitely worth the wait!

BTW, any progress on your all composite P-51D Mustang! I know some who are eager to spend by Christmas.

Cheers,

Del
delperena is online now Find More Posts by delperena
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:16 AM
Joined Jul 2008
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamalier View Post
A lot of talking...... but no information on where to buy, etc. The scaleflying website only shows the Black Hawk and nothing else.
That is where i am also looking for.
Where to buy those machines, prefer dealer in europe for me
Paulusje is offline Find More Posts by Paulusje
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:45 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,127 Posts
I was talking with kin and he expect one of the hawk pre-production models to be ready to ship out to me in the next week or two. Waiting for it to arrive so I can start a build thread!!!!

Not that it helps with the other models everyone is asking about, but at least it means there is some movement.

Thanks

dave
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:46 AM
Watt me worry?
Florida
Joined Mar 2006
3,772 Posts
I too am interested in Kin's products but I am not pressuring him to hurry..........would rather have a nice model and the wait is no problem. You guys are in too big a hurry and some may not understand the time it takes to put a product in the market(not to mention the cost). I too am interested in the Mustang as well as the E-tracts which Kin has paired with that plane.
Madmax1965 is offline Find More Posts by Madmax1965
Old Oct 20, 2012, 05:32 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delperena View Post
Kin,

You have two (2) AJ-37 Viggen (Attack Variant) plastic models. JA-37 (Fighter Variant) is the preferred version per recommendation of Marcus (Marell01). A plastic model of JA-37 will likely be available in the first quarter of 2013 - see post #925.

The defined objective is to design/build a 1:10 scale all-composite JA-37 Viggen for EDF.

Two options:

1 - Wait until a 1/48 JA-37 plastic model becomes available by early 2013.

2 - Use the 1/48 AJ-37 plastic models with modifications from drawings posted in this thread. According to Mikael (post #994) - "The most obvious difference is JA37 has a bigger fin (vertical stabiliser) and the gun. JA37 is also a little longer, but thats marginal".

I am for Option #1. A good product is definitely worth the wait!

BTW, any progress on your all composite P-51D Mustang! I know some who are eager to spend by Christmas.

Cheers,

Del
i just want to clear , if the JA version have big part is same the AJ , so i can do some work first in the 3-D drawing . but if it is big different , so i will waste the time to do a not (your likely version) . so it is very importand point now . if the main fuselage is same ., just different in the bottom . i can start to do the top surface . but hope it can understand where is the main different .3-D drawing is the big hard and lonh time work in a new develope , so even i have the scan file i of the AJ version , i still noy good to start thr drawing ! Right ?
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2012, 05:37 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
Hey Kin,

Any update of the F-20, Do you think it will be on sale by Christmas?

I travel through HK regularly, could I grab one from the factory when on sale. I could put on the plane with my baggage allowance.
Sory for the late of the F-20 . if the JA -37 file still not yet get in hand , i comside the F-20 will over jump the schedule . but Christam is too close . So hard to make the decison now . But the P-51 is a (so hard to say how deatil , but it have over 2000 reivet in the surface . So time is exchange quality ! I will post it later some hours ! LEY YOU UNDERSTAND WHY COME OUT LATE!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:44 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,182 Posts
I know this photo are not for this topic here , but never mind ! it still not finishe the detail . the mold start to make this month , so i will start a build thread soon ! But hope the detail you like it
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:47 AM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
4,945 Posts
I can't say I follow this thread as close as many of you, but it's been 971 days since first post-- Feb 21, 2010, 12:08 PM Three years isn't that far off.

I do understand that this endevor was all new for Kin, EDF's that is, but as stated below, all he has is the Hawk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticketec View Post
I was talking with kin and he expect one of the hawk pre-production models to be ready to ship out to me in the next week or two. Waiting for it to arrive so I can start a build thread!!!!

Not that it helps with the other models everyone is asking about, but at least it means there is some movement.
Thanks, dave
I have looked thru all the attachments, and many planes in the works, but only in the works!

I rather liked the F-15 for a 90, but that seems to have gone by the way side. Not sure what size it was, looked like one attachment may have have info on it, but can't open it, very first post. Anyway, Maybe just too many irons in the fire!

As an impatient youth, my dad used to tell me this " Don't hold you hand on your A$$, it might grow there!" Seems fitting now.
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:04 PM
Holland
Joined Apr 2003
132 Posts
i hope they produce some plane, which will reach the market.

When reading from start of this thread, there are allready a few plugs made, but none of them we can buy.
Some planes where plugs are made for:
- F15
- A330
- Mig 31
- hawk (70mm fan)
- F35
- F14
- F20
- Hawk 100
- JA37 started
- Plans for starting a T50 in 2013

i know that making a plane will take a lot of time. But when they concentrate first on one plane, and bring it on the market. Making a lot of plugs, but nothing to buy, is not the way to do it. Also the wait for the composite wing for the hawk 100 is strange to me, when looking in post 505, there is a composite wing for the hawk100
Hoeby is offline Find More Posts by Hoeby
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:05 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,227 Posts
The whole thread is turning into a pile of BS. Wish it wasn't true but the lack of anything concrete seems to be substantiation of " I am a great designer, but nothing ever gets to a final state of production"

You young guys will be very old if you count on anything good coming to the market.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:26 PM
USA, NC, Hope Mills
Joined Jan 2010
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
The whole thread is turning into a pile of BS. Wish it wasn't true but the lack of anything concrete seems to be substantiation of " I am a great designer, but nothing ever gets to a final state of production"

You young guys will be very old if you count on anything good coming to the market.
Can you give this post a round of applause? (We need that emoticon)
Amen to those words of wisdom brother!!
Gamalier is offline Find More Posts by Gamalier
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:06 PM
Cut the yellow wire
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
8,996 Posts
...or you can just build one yourself from scratch instead of complaining . You guys are beginning to act like Kin owes you something. When one of these threads pops up you know most likely it will get like this. I'm amazed these small manufacturers even bother participating in forums.
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:28 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
4,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS View Post
...or you can just build one yourself from scratch .
Actually , I am.

I guess in my way of thinking, one should finish the project at hand, before starting more.
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake