HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2010, 11:22 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,213 Posts
BaeHawk 70 walk around

The BAeHawk 70 mm flying video and the products colour scheme .The Hawk i just have some piece of 2200 mah 4s , so the flying time should be only 2.5 min but i have over time than the battery get "fat " .So i should use 2600-3000 mah 4s .some different colour scheme visit here :
TF/Smartmodel BAe Hawk 70mm composite EDF flying video (4 min 1 sec)
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2010, 01:04 AM
Joined Aug 2009
9 Posts
Hi guy!Well done! Excellent plane, I am pending to buy one!
Jet-holly is offline Find More Posts by Jet-holly
Old Jul 02, 2010, 01:08 AM
Global Hobby Store
Brisbane
Joined Jan 2007
1,116 Posts
Right now I'm just waiting on pricing for the painted versions.. I have the list of schemes that will be available...
If their Chopper Fuse's that I sell are anything to go by, the painting will be excellent.
rorrock is offline Find More Posts by rorrock
Old Jul 02, 2010, 01:44 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,213 Posts
Yes! I HAVE 100% confident of our dealer can provide good support and service !Rob Well done !
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 02, 2010, 09:04 PM
Joined Aug 2009
9 Posts
Hi Kin! Good luck to your final test flying! we waiting for your good new!:
Jet-holly is offline Find More Posts by Jet-holly
Old Jul 03, 2010, 11:19 AM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,929 Posts
Looking at the cockpit layout, it looks like the elevator servo is located where a heavier, more adequate battery would go. A heavier battery would be further back toward the cg, so you may want to find another location for the elevator servo. Maybe between the ducting, further back, and accessible from the wing opening.

Just trying to help!
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Old Jul 03, 2010, 11:30 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Waldrep View Post
Looking at the cockpit layout, it looks like the elevator servo is located where a heavier, more adequate battery would go. A heavier battery would be further back toward the cg, so you may want to find another location for the elevator servo. Maybe between the ducting, further back, and accessible from the wing opening.

Just trying to help!
Yes! I know this ! I have change it(move backward 20 mm) soon ! Thankyou !i have fly it today in HK old Kai Tak Airport .Today have fly with a 3200mah the total flying weight (Ducting , retractable set )are 1320 g.if this kit is non -retractable version , it can less than 1 kg (2600mah battery ).So it will fly very happy (fast )!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2010, 08:11 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,557 Posts
Yeah was thinking the same thing about the CG Ed, the Sapac Hawk has this problem especially with retracts in it, batt needs to be right back nestled up against the intake ducting to get the CG right.

Kin where is the CG set right now as you are flying it? And what sort of elevator position do you have for level flight? Its certainly looking promising!
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jul 04, 2010, 12:56 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
Yeah was thinking the same thing about the CG Ed, the Sapac Hawk has this problem especially with retracts in it, batt needs to be right back nestled up against the intake ducting to get the CG right.

Kin where is the CG set right now as you are flying it? And what sort of elevator position do you have for level flight? Its certainly looking promising!
I need let you know again tomorrow , it the last fly in saturday . i have put a 3200 mah 4s ,the trimer are not need adjust . i have a little backward the 3200mah about 30 mm .(i have move the elevator servo back 40 mm),Now the servo are still easy install and like a bridge between two ducting tube .
I need check again the c/g tomorrow . But a bad news is my motor are (no band name from china just look like the free wing ).burned after landing .the plastic mounting position of the fan case are hot melt the blades touch the case .so this motor make me total damaged the fan unit !! Now i change other 70 fan and wait to fly again , Even the fan have problem still over about 120-130 km /h . so i am very excit to know the coming test .This video flying weigh with 3200 4s mal and retractable system and ducting is 1310 g so it lighter than E-flite . the video of the last fly here :
Smartmodel BAe Hawk 70 flying (3 min 30 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Jul 04, 2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old Jul 04, 2010, 05:52 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,557 Posts
Its always a problem with untested fans/motors Kin, just part of the process What is the exact ID of the inlet ducting? I hope you made it to fit the popular 70mm fans like wemotec and HET.
Old Jul 05, 2010, 06:36 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2002
862 Posts
The ducting will fit most 70 mm edf units.
wilerbee is offline Find More Posts by wilerbee
Old Jul 05, 2010, 09:19 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post

The c/g are 80mm from leadingedge ! it still can backward . let the elevator more sensitive , now are feel heavy in nose .i have trim a little up in level flight .i think 90 are better .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2010, 05:03 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2002
862 Posts
Further to our last test flight of the A-330, since we only flew on 40 % power
all of the time, and it was even too fast at that, we have just installed 2 X 1.1kg 70mm edf units instead of the 2 X 90 mms and have test flown the A-330 with those. Happy to announce that the test flight was a complete success ! The A-330 now flies at close to scale speed and will fly briskly on 50% throttle only. The all up weight, ready to fly is now 4.8- 4.9 kg with 3600mah 4 s X 2 packs. This means that you can now fly the A-330 using cheap chinese 70 mm edf units with 1 kg of thrust, and use 4s instead of 6s batteries. Big savings on the power system making it more affordable for the masses !!

ps we use 2 hobbywing 60 A ESCs !
Old Jul 07, 2010, 05:20 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,557 Posts
That sounds really promising, can you post up some more photos of the 330, the nacelles must be much more scale in size now with 70mm fans, should look very real in the air!
Old Jul 07, 2010, 05:34 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2002
862 Posts
Thanks ! We cannot post any photos until we have consent from our customer, so for the time being we can only use words. However, I have heard rumors that RCJI have shown interest in covering the model in the future, but it is a big MIGHT ! Our customer will be posting the photos and videos themselves here on RCGroups once the time is ripe.