HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:15 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
Easy to fix. Finish the f-20 and hawk. Looking forward to flight reports.
+1
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:27 AM
Watt me worry?
Florida
Joined Mar 2006
4,140 Posts
Kin.........I did a search for the AJ-37 and for the JA-37......only the JA-37 showed the plane.........so the AJ-37 on the model box must be a typo.
Madmax1965 is offline Find More Posts by Madmax1965
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:44 PM
Finland
Joined Sep 2004
318 Posts
AJ is not typo it is just another version of Wiggen

AJ-37 is the first version primary for ground attack (A) and secondly for air-to-air (Jakt). It doesn't have internal cannon like Marcus said earlier in post 974.
JA-37 looks the same at first glance but is actually later version built as a fighter. There are more than 10 versions for trainer recon and navy operations...
This was learnt from wikipedia in minutes

Jyri
jjantti is offline Find More Posts by jjantti
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:18 PM
Sollentuna,Sweden
Joined Sep 2000
434 Posts
As jjantti said
AJ37= attack version
JA37= fighter version

The most obvious differens is JA37 has a bigger fin (vertical stabiliser) and the gun. JA37 is also a little longer, but thats marginal.
Mikael is offline Find More Posts by Mikael
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:21 PM
Sweden
Joined May 2006
599 Posts
Afirmative... JA is fighter version... Make it 1: 10 or 1:9 scale. My models are 1:12 with 90mm fan but att bit to small and The bigger One is 1:8, 2 meters long!
Please ask why I want you to do the fighter version???
Name: uploadfromtaptalk1349554908836.jpg
Views: 45
Size: 66.8 KB
Description:

That is actually me flying :-)
marell01 is offline Find More Posts by marell01
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:21 PM
Sollentuna,Sweden
Joined Sep 2000
434 Posts
I agree, atleast 1/10 but even better if it is 1/9.

Marcus
My SAAB has 4 wheels like your's.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:27 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
Ok let make a decision . 1/9 ! let check how the real length for calculation this model fuselage length .and wing span . hope the model can control the weight in 5-5.5 kg . A powerful 90mm or 100mm fan possible have 4kg thrust , So i think is ok for good flying . Back to the System hawk . the ep retract gear and the pototype landing gear completed . just a little bit landing gear over the surface , need a little modifucation the retract gear inside rotor borad . le tthe strut full inside the surface .not big mistake . the retract thickness is quiet fit the wing . This ep retract is design rotate to oppsite side of the cylinder . it let the struts never hit the cylinder , especial the short length struts , so it is very good design .it can fit more different models . The retract start to sell and post to website next week . the this first batch is 90 degree retract angle , coming middle and big size version will have 95-105 degree .
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Oct 07, 2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:56 AM
Holland
Joined Apr 2003
145 Posts
what's the status about the full gfk wing for the hawk?

Last month i send an e-mail to the dealer in europe, but until now no answer.
Is there a other dealer or way to purchase that hawk in europe?
Hoeby is offline Find More Posts by Hoeby
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:26 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoeby View Post
what's the status about the full gfk wing for the hawk?

Last month i send an e-mail to the dealer in europe, but until now no answer.
Is there a other dealer or way to purchase that hawk in europe?
They still have not yet comfirm the full composite one , we want the econ version out market first , but the vacumbag wing are doing now .just need some time to complete it .
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:38 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
My Goddddddddd ! So busy . A viper jet for 90mm fan project need start now . it is full glass wing and also epoxy fuselage , of couse it is no diffcult for me . and same come with my ep retract gear set . Live hinge aileron and separate flap (maybe ) live hinge flap . it is dealer sent me the master plug but smartmodel can sell it .He He because they need fit my retract gear ! So busy this year !
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:41 PM
Sollentuna,Sweden
Joined Sep 2000
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
Ok let make a decision . 1/9 !
Nice!!
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:22 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
My Goddddddddd ! So busy . A viper jet for 90mm fan project need start now . it is full glass wing and also epoxy fuselage , of couse it is no diffcult for me . and same come with my ep retract gear set . Live hinge aileron and separate flap (maybe ) live hinge flap . it is dealer sent me the master plug but smartmodel can sell it .He He because they need fit my retract gear ! So busy this year !
Hey Kin, are you still going to do an F14?

Regards
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:19 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
Hey Kin, are you still going to do an F14?

Regards
I think it will start in Dec ! Because still some mold are doing here .JA-37 ,F-20 ,Viper jet(just add to schedule),F-14 ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:30 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Län, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
Nice!!
1/9 is a standard turbine size which already exists. It would never fly on a 90mm EDF setup, not even a 90mm Schüebeler. All deltas need alot of juice and I bet a 1/9 Viggen will weigh in at about 8kg of flying weight. That would require atleast 8kg of thrust, or even better 12kg or so to keep the 1:1 ratio even at flying speed.

Of course fun with a Viggen in any size, but just don't think it will be able to fly on an avarage 90mm EDF setup.
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:38 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
1/9 is a standard turbine size which already exists. It would never fly on a 90mm EDF setup, not even a 90mm Schüebeler. All deltas need alot of juice and I bet a 1/9 Viggen will weigh in at about 8kg of flying weight. That would require atleast 8kg of thrust, or even better 12kg or so to keep the 1:1 ratio even at flying speed.

Of course fun with a Viggen in any size, but just don't think it will be able to fly on an avarage 90mm EDF setup.
1/8 is the normal/standard size for the smaller turbine models. I.e F-16's, F-15, F-86 etc. but I do agree with you that deltas do require quite a fair bit of power to get flying the same as a non-delta type wing layout.

What are the JA-37 sizes in 1/9?

Thanks

dave
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec