HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:45 PM
Finland
Joined Jul 2004
682 Posts
Mr. Kin, could you please give specification of that mustang propeller, I am in need of 18-17 inch 4 four bladed prop.

Sorry offtopic..
Ceeray is online now Find More Posts by Ceeray
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:51 PM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,413 Posts
I am really excited about the aj-37! I can't wait to see it! I can't wait to own it!
swps is offline Find More Posts by swps
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:41 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,329 Posts
i mean is the front small wing the leading edge is looking like my photo , the leadingedge so strange . so i thinking follow or not ? or maybe find a NACA .000???...AIRFOIL
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Sep 26, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:45 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceeray View Post
Mr. Kin, could you please give specification of that mustang propeller, I am in need of 18-17 inch 4 four bladed prop.

Sorry offtopic..
This prop is from a foamie plane products , they are same same span and looking good , but it only for ep , it is 15-inch but not know the pitch .it looking have 6 -7 pitch , it is a 4 piece blades join to a center hub , not one piece injection . but the sound very quite .
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:45 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swps View Post
I am really excited about the aj-37! I can't wait to see it! I can't wait to own it!
step by step . i will post the status daily
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:23 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,167 Posts
Kin, how are the hawk wings coming along?

Thanks

dave
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:39 AM
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
i mean is the front small wing the leading edge is looking like my photo , the leadingedge so strange . so i thinking follow or not ? or maybe fins a NACA .000???...AIRFOIL
IMHO, I would say no. In models sometimes going completely scale just won't translate to a good flying model. Maybe some of our guys in Sweden can comment.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:07 AM
Joined Feb 2006
509 Posts
Canard Airfoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
i mean is the front small wing the leading edge is looking like my photo , the leadingedge so strange . so i thinking follow or not ? or maybe fins a NACA .000???...AIRFOIL
The carnard airfoils for the 1:100 and 1:72 Viggen Plastic Models appear to be symmetrical without the drooping leading edge. I find them small, even delicate to handle.

I will photograph them tonight for posting. I will also check the MBS kit (still in the box).
delperena is offline Find More Posts by delperena
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:17 AM
Carbon fiber is our friend
United States, CA, Lodi
Joined Feb 2001
4,233 Posts
Looks like the canard airfoil changes from root to tip. The leading edge of the tip is drooped like many other delta wing airplanes. F-106 and SR-71 both have this on their wings. The Viggen also has this on the tips of the wing. You can see it easily here- http://www.cloud9photography.us/Mili...HSi2w&lb=1&s=A

This is not required for a model to fly, but there's a reason for it. I would not use a symmetrical airfoil on the canard, that's for sure. At least give it some camber so it's lifting without having the elevator deflected all the time.
Steve C is offline Find More Posts by Steve C
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:49 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,329 Posts
The fuselage is no problem in the scale work and detail . now have to discuss the front small wing and main wing airfoil. i think washout and defect up elevator is need in a delta wing . the main wing , but don't forget it is a rc models . scale is important , but flying preformance also need ! So looking for the main wing airfoil . and just want to discuss the front small wing airfoil . and one more point is the attack angle between the small and main wing ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:53 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delperena View Post
The carnard airfoils for the 1:100 and 1:72 Viggen Plastic Models appear to be symmetrical without the drooping leading edge. I find them small, even delicate to handle.

I will photograph them tonight for posting. I will also check the MBS kit (still in the box).
Please se ethat MBS kit . let see how they are in the wing , is it too much out of scale ? Follow small wing airfoil ? and try to measure the attack angle betweem two wing ? washout in main wing ??airfoil ??
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:55 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticketec View Post
Kin, how are the hawk wings coming along?

Thanks

dave
The wing (econ version) are start the production , and the full composite is start to milling now . so you models will sent soon .
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:56 AM
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,413 Posts
That's a good photo to show what it looks like. It appears to do the same on the main wing at the tip as well. I agree with your point that a symmetrical airfoil here wouldn't be a good idea, but this plane in real life has THIN wings so it can go supersonic, and we are not going that fast so I also question if it's needed on our model. In reading the Wiki the canards are there mostly as vortex generators to create lift and they have flaps on them for take off and landing. The model version should keep that in mind.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:50 PM
Sweden
Joined May 2006
599 Posts
Please do the leading edge lip. It is really a must for scale looks. My MBS don't have it because of the small scale 1:12 and I miss it all the time.
The canard flap is used att take-off and landing. I have them fully funktional on my model. It is easy done.
And please please... Find drawings of the JA 37, not AJ37. AJ37 i a almost completely different aircraft. It doesn't have them Gun on the belly, smaller fin, no inner ailerons, and a flat nose...
Sincerely Marcus
marell01 is online now Find More Posts by marell01
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:23 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marell01 View Post
Please do the leading edge lip. It is really a must for scale looks. My MBS don't have it because of the small scale 1:12 and I miss it all the time.
The canard flap is used att take-off and landing. I have them fully funktional on my model. It is easy done.
And please please... Find drawings of the JA 37, not AJ37. AJ37 i a almost completely different aircraft. It doesn't have them Gun on the belly, smaller fin, no inner ailerons, and a flat nose...
Sincerely Marcus
ok i see . so i think i need to have a JA version first , because now in hand is AJ , as you tell me here they are big different .ok i know the function about the canard flap .i will follow it .but i will find out the attack angle almost important . i know i have another one plastic models coming soon , so let see the different ?
RCG Plus Member