HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:53 AM
Joined Feb 2006
508 Posts
Viggen Plastic Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
When the plastic models arrival !!!!!!!!!!!!
Kin,

Please check with your Hong Kong Post. Here is the current status:

"A delivery was attempted for your item with reference RJ698515503GB in HONG KONG before 19:10 on 18/09/12.

If redelivery or collection is unsuccessful, the item will be returned to the UK"

Del
delperena is online now Find More Posts by delperena
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:17 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delperena View Post
Hello Kin,

Model left UK on September 11, 2012. I PMed you the tracking number.

I just checked status - it is in Hong Kong being processed for delivery. To think that shipment is by "air", should have been in your hands sometime ago.

Hope you get it soon before I buy a different plane

Del
the first parcerl arrival it from UK , I think is from you . thankyou ! another one is coming again . Thankyou all guys support !
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Sep 22, 2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:25 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,167 Posts
The other one should be coming from the USA and should be there in about a weeks time.

Thanks

dave
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:34 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
i build the plastic now and sent to computer scan . but i will wait the second coming one parcel . let see how it different . Thankyou guy !
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:36 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
Thankyou Dave and Del
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:32 AM
Joined Feb 2006
508 Posts
Composite P-51D Mustang

Quote:
the first parcerl arrival it from UK , I think is from you . thankyou ! another one is coming again . Thankyou all guys support !
Kin,

You are welcome! I am from California and the Viggen Plastic Model is purchased through eBay from a UK seller.

BTW, a few "co-club members" are interested in your composite P-51D Mustang. Could you please update on availability, etc. If it is a P-51B, I will grab one.

Regards and more power to your endeavours,

Del
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:15 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,989 Posts
Hey kin, is the all composite mustang on sale yet?

If so please provide a link. I would really love an F-20 for Christmas.
J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:44 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
Dear guy ! Thankyou ! the P-51 is D version , i will update it tomorrow when i back to factory , Today in HK .just post the photofrom last week status and some test fly photo . the test fly one is no rivet and the hatch not good for exchange the battery(upside down the fuselage), so i stop the products and now add some thousand piece rivet in wing and fuselage . The new P-51D is a full composite , Hollow mold wing , The sandwish material is Airex 2mm .The wing span is 1.6m in two piece. join line in center .it can keep in two piece or you can glue together ,but it can fly very very slow in landing , no tip stall ! i can say , it is entry level .the test fly version is 3.8kg .but new version is about 3.5kg possible becasue the new fuselage is more simple and lesss hatch . so i can make it lighter . The battery hatch in the front top .the photo can see it . the cut line is use the panel line , so you don't feel we have cut it .new version canopy is not open . the detail cockpit you can build it when the wing are separate .so the fuselage just one hatch in the front . but for the nitro guy , the second hatch is upside down in the front .if you are nitro guy . you can let e engines mount in the front firewall .also easy install a nitro 90-120 4 stroke . So i design it base on ep and possible nitro ! He He ! The Kit included the motor for 6 s 400kv 64mm diameter outerrunner , and very good scale 4 blades prop . the prop run very quite .Very special sound (Full.... Full ...) . very lower key sound .
FlyFly MK products Full composite 1.6m P-51D funny fly and tree landing .mp4 (5 min 17 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Sep 23, 2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:55 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
The photo have a (single tail wing ) . it is a funny histroy. when i test fly it one of the landing gear loose and hit the tail wing ,but ....i get up and it take off already just one side elevator take off .....and struggle two min but safe landing ! Ha ! Ha! So i can tell you , this P-51 is fly very well ..... But sorry for the post here , but can guy help me where i should make the thread here ???
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:25 PM
Denmark, Nordjylland, Gistrup
Joined Aug 2005
402 Posts
P-51 struts have to be turned 180 degree.
flemsus is offline Find More Posts by flemsus
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:27 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
yes i see . this is not the right one for it . just for test !Thankyou !
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Sep 24, 2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:55 PM
Joined Feb 2006
508 Posts
Electric Warbirds

Quote:
The photo have a (single tail wing ) . it is a funny histroy. when i test fly it one of the landing gear loose and hit the tail wing ,but ....i get up and it take off already just one side elevator take off .....and struggle two min but safe landing ! Ha ! Ha! So i can tell you , this P-51 is fly very well ..... But sorry for the post here , but can guy help me where i should make the thread here ???
Kin,

Try "All-Composite Smartmodel P-51D Mustang" in:

http://www.rcgroups.com/electric-warbirds-248/

Del
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:56 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
Thankyou Del ! i will make a new P-51D full composite build thread there ! The AJ-37 1/48 plastic models completed and already sent to scan now , it look very thinj in the airfoil , but it is not for rc model , Have any good idea in the airfoil in the wing . in the plastic models the front small wing have a special lips like the speed flap in the leadingedge. but i think we don't do it . because i don't know what it function ? But in this moment . i start to learn about the airfoil about this model !
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:56 AM
Sollentuna,Sweden
Joined Sep 2000
434 Posts
They are used as flaps.
I hope you will make them work, because I think it's going to be hard to fit them later.
Mikael is offline Find More Posts by Mikael
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:08 PM
Joined Feb 2006
508 Posts
Canard (Front Small Wing)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canard_(aeronautics)

Above link is good intro on Saab Viggen Canard.

I would consider a functioning canard for:

(1) Show (Wow Factor)

(2) Pitch Control

(3) Gyro-activated pitch stability control

There are many good minds in "RCGroup" who can provide extensive insight on the subject.