HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:38 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax1965 View Post
Kin that model looks great...........you are a fast builder and your products are very nice. On the Mustang........I had to buy another (Hyperion P-51)because yours doesn't seem to be ready. I would have preferred the composite model you have althought the Hyperion is a great model.....looking forwad to purchasing both EDF and prop models from you once you have them for sale online. Good to see more 80mm-90mm planes and would love to see more models which are not being offered for sale by other companies(the Hawk is offered by everyone and in fact I fly one myself).
Sorry for the late come out the P-51D , because the first mold have make decision no rivet , just some panel line , but i think the P-51 have no rivet ,it looking not good not prefect .So i make decision to cancal it . now are re- build the new mold again , but possible finish in next week end . i will post it to forum . but where i should post ???
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:12 AM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,235 Posts
Kin,

Post the new models in a seperate thread when they can be purchased.

You keep getting us excited, so excited that we stop looking at woman, but when it comes time to buy.....nothing. What a let down. At least when it comes to a woman, we have a chance for fun...Kin, you are a big tease. LOL

Money is burning a hole in our pockets, instead of buying planes we are doing stupid things with it....save us, please.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:19 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
LOL. True enough though.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:59 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,195 Posts
I will make a new separate topic for this new Sytem Hawk and i post the assemble thread soon , but this week i go to shanghai hobby show , so i will post it to website next tuesday ! after back to factory next thursday, i start to production it , and possible come out market in 10-15 Sept .
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2012, 03:35 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Any idea on price yet? Even a rough idea?
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:12 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
Any idea on price yet? Even a rough idea?
1 .The Gel coat econ kit is about 320 usd
It is included:
Epoxy fuselage x1
Composite fin x 1
Composite tail wing x 1 pair
Ducting tube x 1 pair
Ply wood former set
Balsa sheet completed foam cord wing x 1 pair(landing gear mount (pre installed).(Fitting to Smartmodel ep landing gear )
Aileron and flap(Balsa wood),factory cut size completed.
wing joiner and tail wing control axel set .
Canopy frame (friber glass )
Canopy glass
Cockpit panel set (vacum ps plastic)
Nose sensor tube .

2: Painted econ version is about 370 usd
It is included:
Painted Epoxy fuselage x1
Composite fin x 1
Ducting tube x 1 pair
Ply wood former set
Balsa sheet completed foam cord wing x 1 pair .Film cover completed (landing gear mount (pre installed).(Fitting to Smartmodel ep landing gear )
Aileron and flap(Balsa wood),factory wing joiner factory installed and tail wing control axel set included in kit.
Canopy glass
Nose sensor tube .

3 ;Full composite Kit( No painting,light gray base) is about 520 usd(hollow mold wing and tail wing ).(Airex sandwish material)
It is included:
Epoxy fuselage x1
Composite fin x 1
Ducting tube x 1 pair
Ply wood former set included
Paint in mold light gray hollow mold wing with live hinge aileron x 1 pair(landing gear mount (pre installed).(Fitting to Smartmodel ep landing gear )
Flap is scale separate ,scale hinge included .
Canopy glass
Nose sensor tube .

4 :Painted full composite complete kit is about 598 usd Hollow mold wing and tail wing .(Airex sandwish material) .
It is included:
Painted colour scheme Epoxy fuselage x1
Painted Composite fin x 1
Painted Composite tail wing x 1 pair
Ducting tube x 1 pair
Ply wood former set factory installed (except ductung and fan mount )
Painted colour scheme hollow mold wing w/ live hinge aileron x 1 pair(landing gear mount (pre installed).(Fitting to Smartmodel ep landing gear )
Flap is scale separate factory painted .(Pre- fitting well )
Canopy glass
Nose sensor tube .

This is base information and not yet confirm !
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Sep 01, 2012 at 02:14 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:58 AM
Joined Feb 2006
7,235 Posts
I looked at this through the eyes of an accountant, I got a headache.

All want is the total price including shipping, who to pay, and when to expect delivery.

Simple is better, I get paid for accounting, I don't want to have to think when buying RC planes.

The secret to business success, make it easy for the customer to buy.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 01:47 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,038 Posts
That's 4 options. I ain't no account but even I can count that high.
CarreraGTSCS is online now Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:46 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post

All want is the total price including shipping, who to pay, and when to expect delivery.

Simple is better, I get paid for accounting, I don't want to have to think when buying RC planes.

I think it's easy to choose the full composite unpainted. Freight from HongKong/China to Australia/South Pole will be around $80 ..... A bit less for Americans
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:08 AM
He builds stuff. :)
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post

Your kidding right? He's presenting information in a very clear way. Personally I want the information he's given and I hate guessing what I would be receiving for my money. Thanks Kin!
Pepperpete is online now Find More Posts by Pepperpete
Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,235 Posts
It's pretty obvious that some hobbyists are not good business people. Too many choices simply leads to indecision. When there is indecision there isn't a sale.

Choices have to be simple. If Kin offers too many variations of the same plane, cost will increase, selling price will increase, and production will be shut down and we all loose.

The only way to make Kin's jets affordable is to limit choices and
mass produce the planes. Kin should pick only a few versions and just go with them.

The market place will determine what will sell and for how much. This is not the right economic environment for custom planes.

History has proven that the research and development department does not run a company. Costing out the product is very important and then estimating sales comes next, if the result is not profitable, none of us will end up with one of Kin's creations.

Yes Pete only one selection:

One color, painted in the mold buyer to choose their own power plant. Then, if the plane flies good, and is selling, offer more selections later.
Last edited by SCALEFAN; Aug 26, 2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:38 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,141 Posts
Kin,

Those schemes look fantastic!!!! I think I am going to need one of each for my collection!!!

When you get back from the shangi show you'll have to start teasing us with some pictures of the EP retracts and oleos!

I Like the fact that as a modeller I get a choice! So you can get the econo version either painted or unpainted, or the full composite painted or unpainted, pretty straight forward to me?? What's there to think about, Can I paint and want to save some money or do a different scheme so my hawk doesn't look like everyone elses? unpainted. can't be bothered and just wanna fly? painted!

For me I have looked turned away from buying a model because it only comes painted in paint schemes I don't want, so why pay to have it painted when I have to sand it all off anyway and end up potentially loosing some of the surface detail.

Thanks

dave
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:19 AM
Watt me worry?
Florida
Joined Mar 2006
3,869 Posts
I too like the choice that you can paint your own model. I also like the fact that the plane can be purchased as a full composite . My Fox Hawk is a full composite and the use of this material brings down the wing-loading but yet is strong. I will purchase your planes Kin....they look well built and I like the fact you listen to the pilots on what they would like to see. I would like to see more choices with planes which are not modeled often....Russian planes would be a great addition as well as a Sport model of your own design. I like sport models rather than scale models as the wing-loading can be lower by using aircraft with a larger wing area.
Madmax1965 is offline Find More Posts by Madmax1965
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:31 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,038 Posts
If the Viggen, when it's done, proves to be a great flying plane (as in NOT a white knuckle knee knocker) then I'd set aside the dollars for an unpainted full composite model. It would be the most I've ever paid for a model so I'd hope for it to be as complete as possible including the proper retracts and landing gear legs which are very distinctive on the Viggen.

Mike
CarreraGTSCS is online now Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Feb 2006
7,235 Posts
Kin,

If you listen to the above posts, other than mine, you will only have 2 or 3 maybe sales from RCG participants. Not enough profit to pay for your lunch. (and that is only a "maybe" because talk is cheap)

From our perspective, RCG, if you guys keep coming up with special requests, none of us will end up with a Smart Model composite plane.

When the price goes up, there is more competition. In order to capture the market at the $350.00 level, planes have to be simple and mass produced, or the price will end up much higher..
Last edited by SCALEFAN; Aug 27, 2012 at 09:11 AM.