HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:02 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,942 Posts
Kin,

I am really looking forward to seeing your new range and owning some of your models, particularly the F-20.

I'm not a huge warbird fan but I really do love the P-40. HK has a 1700mm foam version that is stunning but crippled by bad component that crippled demand. Still the airframe is beautiful. I hope that an all composite version comes to your stable soon.

J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:57 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
Do you have an estimate of it's empty weight?

Good job Kin
The fuselage net weight (no wooden former included) , it should be 1.4-1.6kg (no painting included) , i think after former install and paint is about 2.2kg within . because it is simple inside the fuselage and not much former need . just nose gear mount ,fan mounting and tail wing a little small piece thing , so not possible over 2 kg ! .so the flying weight with a fan and 8s battery is roughly 4kg total , So a good quality fan are also at least 4 kg now in market . the wing have 3cm longer each side .and width a little bit in the wing cord , if you are not check deatil , you can not feel the size different . so the weight and power ratio is very happy flying i sure .
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:07 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,193 Posts
Yes ! wrong typing . it is Saab 39 Gripen Sorry ! need to tell guys (My english is very bad ) .
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Aug 08, 2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 12:48 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,137 Posts
Hey Kin,

Do you have any pictures of the econo wing, or the model assembled?

And are you planning on supplying the models painted or in gel coat?

Thanks

dave
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:20 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticketec View Post
Hey Kin,

Do you have any pictures of the econo wing, or the model assembled?

And are you planning on supplying the models painted or in gel coat?

Thanks

dave
the wing are cutting the foam and prepare the balsa sheet now , i will post it soon . gel coat kit is not problem , it is cheaper than the econ version . in fact the gel coat kit can see my quality and the real net weight , customer will feel quality much better ! (Some factory afraid sell it in gel coat kit because it show their quality , But it never sell to china here ! but you need to paint it yourself , Ha!Ha!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Aug 09, 2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 01:05 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,193 Posts
The F-20 start now ! i will post each step and let you down count the proccess .
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:24 PM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,413 Posts
When do you plan to use epoxy resin and vaccum bag your work with peel ply to make it lighter?
Friberglass is ok but polyester resin has got to go...
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:18 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero View Post
When do you plan to use epoxy resin and vaccum bag your work with peel ply to make it lighter?
Friberglass is ok but polyester resin has got to go...
the Vacum bag is usually working here and hollow mold matel is Rochacell .so this is the best material we are using in every models . So we make the models very light . R&G is our material supplier .
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Aug 10, 2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 05:55 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,885 Posts
Dear Kin,
I am looking forward to your new models .I hope to see other offerings like the P40 .
I know many models from China struggle with the type of fiberglass /composite material used and in the end "tin can" =part flex or are very soft without multiple formers.
Some examples , Wills Hobbies offered many 66" and larger warbirds , many were very very soft and needed much work to be a safe model .
CMP-China Model products was better but still used the less desirable fiberglass in the fuselage componants and the last was ESM -they were the best in there class .
I was wondering if you can review what type of composite methods and meterials you will be using .
Thank you Sir
LDM
Ldm is online now Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Aug 11, 2012, 05:56 AM
Ldm
Joined Jun 2006
7,885 Posts
Apoligize , I need to subscribe to this thread
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:14 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
Apoligize , I need to subscribe to this thread
No problem ! you are weclome .i am the one use germany epoxy resin factory here china .I need the quality first ! some other factory is polyester resin , it is so big different quality . I just believe epoxy and hollow mold . but i will make the econ version for my models ,that is balsa wing . let it lower the cost for this soft market . and let lower cost for the customer and dealer .
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:19 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,193 Posts
the cockpit completed . The pilot control panel is base included . just add the reject seat later , but it is the hard work . i will let it later . just finish the wing soon . the surface rivet hope you can see . it is very small . need look close , i just make the photo by the I phone ., so the photo not detail enough ! Sorry
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:43 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,942 Posts
It's good enough Kin,

Great work. J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:15 AM
Ldm
Joined Jun 2006
7,885 Posts
Nice work Kin !
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:53 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,193 Posts
Some photo soon!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Aug 14, 2012 at 12:59 PM.