HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:57 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
Yup definitely oversize the wing! JTM made their Hawk scale, and at 4-4.5kg its a pig, a heavy lander that destroys undercarriage on grass. If they had added 75-100mm either side of the wing it would be a very different beast and would still look great.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:20 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
891 Posts
I'd have to agree with Extreme_RC. Except for the total scale enthusiast a slightly larger wing makes a huge difference on landings. I wouldn't go as far as calling the JTM a pig. It flies great at speed but she can be a handful to land because of the wing loading of the scale wing.
Double E is offline Find More Posts by Double E
Old Jun 26, 2012, 04:50 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
What will lengths of planes be?

Also, do you have any plans for F18 super hornet or F14 Tomcat

These are the most favorite jets of all human kind on Earth

P.S. Earth being Nor Texas
i thinking after some month will have a twins 100 F-14 . let see now busy in hand project .
kin is online now Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 26, 2012, 05:15 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
The wing have 3-4 washout now and the fuselage is 1530mm and now the winf is 1230 mm (in scale ) but i want add each side 60mm . it look still very scale . if i don't tell you , you can not feel the different . if the Balsa wood wing version fly well . try to move the data to composite wing . so i want it fly nice performance . the flap hing are scale , let the flap moving scale . it is easy for me . retract gear is electric retract . cnc scale struts .gear door . base cockpit panel .factory install former and ducting tube (2 in 1) . Y style .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 26, 2012, 05:45 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,167 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Thanks

dave
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:46 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
after the plug complete , i post here !
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 26, 2012, 08:25 AM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,413 Posts
I think 60mm will not be noticeable and the extra will certainly help with slowing down landings, but the most important thing here is the washout on the tips. Need those built in to help avoid tip stalls. I've seen a few Hawk/T-45s go in because of that (only one of mine).
swps is offline Find More Posts by swps
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:42 AM
4.2V of pure Kraut power
Germany
Joined Nov 2006
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
, i saw a lot other producys is extra add some wing span , but if we make the weight more less , i think it can keep preformance is scale wing size ! Any recommendation for us ?
Use scale size if possible and only add slightly, just whats needed to get good performance. I really hate those oversized flying wings that have nothing in common with the sleek lines of the original (e.g. HK L-59).

Its possible to get very stable platforms using modern profiles and wash while maintaining almost scale wing geometry. See e.g. the Grumania SU-27 or HET L-39.

- Frank
bzfrank is offline Find More Posts by bzfrank
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:11 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
I think the airfoil is one of the factor effect the preformance . the airfoil is one of the eppler . so if the extra wing span 60mm is not much but i want keep a little in scale good looking . so is it add 80mm is one of the decision ? the fuselage plug basely done .intake area is a little bigger than the fan area , so in the passed experience , it is ok . before we are use the very crab china free wing 90mm fan . now if i use Change Sun or other better fan ., i think the flying weight should be in 5kg , i think is very happy even not a rocket , but it should be very happy !
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2012, 08:40 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
Planning next models is F-20 about 1.7-1.8m for 90/100mm and mini turbine . start the drawing and i think it is for full composite version . Or maybe one more is base econ version , but this F-20 will be let the full composite out market first . The System hawk master plug are doing now . it come out very soon , i think this month will complete ! I will use a Chanhe Sun fan for test .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2012, 09:24 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,859 Posts
Quote:
Planning next models is F-20 about 1.7-1.8m for 90/100mm and mini turbine . start the drawing and i think it is for full composite version . Or maybe one more is base econ version , but this F-20 will be let the full composite out market first . The System hawk master plug are doing now . it come out very soon , i think this month will complete ! I will use a Chanhe Sun fan for test .
Sounds like you're really busy

When are these models going to be posted on your website?

Also on the changesun fan if you're goin to use the 120mm score the base of the blades and use Gorilla Glue or any glue that expands when dries on both sides of the blade base.

The only thing holding the blades in place are the tabs at the bottom, once you add strength to the side of the blades they fan can take more power
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:02 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
Today shopping a plastic model . and it will be a coming future models . i like it very much , it have a big wing span ,when it full open the wing . and i have to know how let it balance when the wing full backward .it is also twins 100 mm fan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:06 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
Sounds like you're really busy

When are these models going to be posted on your website?

Also on the changesun fan if you're goin to use the 120mm score the base of the blades and use Gorilla Glue or any glue that expands when dries on both sides of the blade base.

The only thing holding the blades in place are the tabs at the bottom, once you add strength to the side of the blades they fan can take more power
ok i see ! thankyou for thr remind !
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:11 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
The tail rubber is completed the mold , and now are making the surfaceing work in the fuselage , will post the detail surface pic tomorrow .All the parts make with germany epoxy resin and gel coat . So keep the quality possible same level from germany .and all the hollow mold wing from me is Rohacell only ! no more balsa !
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Jul 05, 2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:59 PM
4.2V of pure Kraut power
Germany
Joined Nov 2006
462 Posts
Quote:
I think the airfoil is one of the factor effect the preformance . the airfoil is one of the eppler .
Why using an Eppler airfoil? Granted a E205 can do high speeds, but can be a quite problematic at lower speeds. See e.g.

http://translate.google.de/translate...205_sd7037.htm

A modern airfoil will do better, e.g. MH43, RG15. Especially the MH42/43 is very forgiving and provides a rather soft stall characteristic while providing low drag/high top speed.

- Frank
bzfrank is offline Find More Posts by bzfrank