SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 30, 2010, 05:47 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,999 Posts
It's been more than 20 years since I went to a game. They were Ok then in the mid to late 80s.

Even though I am an East Coaster by nature, I was hoping to catch a game some time in 2011 for old times sake.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2010, 05:48 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,851 Posts
RCL makes some electric rotating gear. id avoid the weight ofthe complex gear doors ect, and just use eflite 25's that retract into the gear pods, like tams A-4 does...yeah, a little tire sticks out, but on a model this size, it gets a little crazy to do the scale doors...doesnt mean it cant be done...would just not be much fun to do. some people like doing stuff like that though...

very cool gear test vid! i guess thats a full restoration bird eh? very cool.
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Dec 30, 2010, 05:56 PM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,999 Posts
For me the model is an ideal size for a regular flyer, I have room to keep it in the apartment stowed and out of site. My bigger stuff, I have to keep elsewhere.. PIA.

It seems a little bigger than the SAPAC L-39 70mm so there is enough model there to attach doors to. I'll let you know when it arrives. J
Old Jan 03, 2011, 11:12 PM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,999 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, any updates ?? I was hoping that Santa would deliver a couple of models but alas ... nothing.

Patience is not something that I am known for...... very short attention span. too much red food colouring as a kid J
Old Jan 03, 2011, 11:23 PM
Oneonta Alabama
Joined Aug 2010
898 Posts
Yeah Im waiting to see the new Blue angels paint scheme myself.
keith b is offline Find More Posts by keith b
Old Jan 03, 2011, 11:35 PM
Global Hobby Store
Brisbane
Joined Jan 2007
1,116 Posts
I should be able to find out some more info for kin..
Sorry to the lack of response, i've had a couple of days of downtime to spend with my 3.5y/o for xmas..
Back on deck now though and full steam ahead.. Have to replace the stock that was sold off in the xmas rush..
I have gotten an update on the a-4 production, they are waiting on some parts from external suppliers, but expect to ship out orders next week
rorrock is offline Find More Posts by rorrock
Old Jan 06, 2011, 12:04 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith b View Post
Yeah Im waiting to see the new Blue angels paint scheme myself.
Thankyou Keith ! I get the paint Tamiya x-3 now , it sent to computer match already , you model can paint very soon , yes! the blue are look a little dark than my customer 4 piece , but it look ok ! i will start your paint next week .
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2011, 12:17 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,339 Posts
The F-20 panel line will become complete very soon , after the panel line done , it start the molding very quick . So i think it can in air in Feb , and the F-14 twins 90mm cnc "kit" are arrival factory . you can not understand what is it ? It is many small parts from cnc factory , we build it like the Tamiya models , it just not hollow , but after complete this "kit " you will see a full size1.67m F-14 models master plug .Now are start to design the mechanic of the wing . let think how it work smooth and the wing joiner strong enough .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2011, 04:30 PM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,999 Posts
Well Kin, it's great to have the updates comoing through. I have my Stumax 90 ready for install and I am still waiting to decide whether a good 100mm or a Stumax 110 is the better option for the F-20.

Great to hear that you are now considering Rohacell..... it certainly makes better wings !
Old Jan 08, 2011, 05:57 AM
Pasadena, CA
Joined Mar 2007
438 Posts
twin 90 F-14???!!!
will be waiting for that!
Brutikus is offline Find More Posts by Brutikus
Old Jan 13, 2011, 04:38 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,339 Posts
Some photo are the cnc (kit ) just join it togehter by tape and see how it look and size . , it is 1670mm for twins 90 are perfect size .Can put in the car ,and not too big . let see the pic .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2011, 05:30 AM
Global Hobby Store
Brisbane
Joined Jan 2007
1,116 Posts
Excellent work as always kin...
The A-4's look like they are finally ready to get packed into boxes..
We have just setup our warehouse/shipping facility in china that wil allow us to ship worldwide via ems.

Rob
rorrock is offline Find More Posts by rorrock
Old Jan 13, 2011, 05:55 AM
still trying to get it right
benelux
Joined Feb 2009
680 Posts
cool Rob gimme a shout
yakhakker is offline Find More Posts by yakhakker
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:50 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,339 Posts
Factory are china new year holiday from 28Jan to 14 Feb , so it can not start to build it in this moment . But let me more time to design the mechanic for the wing . The aileron will be use Taileron , main wing are not have aileron .and the tail wing will have a balancing design . don't let it flutter .The servo should be powerfull and the rotate shaft position are carefully .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2011, 03:53 PM
Sollentuna,Sweden
Joined Sep 2000
434 Posts
Is there any way you can make the panel lines thinner on the F-14? They look very big on your CNC kit. Actually I would rather have no panel lines than to big.
I'm really interested in this one and are looking forward on more news.

Mikael
Mikael is offline Find More Posts by Mikael