HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:48 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,261 Posts
I have makeing a ducting ,the old are so bad and not so straight .And let see the bottom panel line .After the first test fly complete. scale cnc suspension landing gear will add to it .
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2010, 11:25 AM
My project: FAIREY DELTA 1
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
It is a nice plane, but there are a lot of things that need to be changed to make it a good plane. it is not a big deal now because you are not familiar with edf jets. Just make it right on your next jet.

grtz,
Erik
Erik v. Schaik is offline Find More Posts by Erik v. Schaik
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:23 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,261 Posts
yes! i know ,let the time to see the future products and welcome provide the idea and information and commen .even negative thing .we know we are green in EDF ,but the investment and developeong power is no problem for us . In the last 2009 we can one new model (scale helicopter ) each month .total 13 models in one year and all the mold are cnc mold . In factory facility are easy for aeroplane or compsitive wing .so we need the main point are how the plan of the model choice ? , The F-20 is 1.7M for a single 90mm .compositive wing are confirmed .Now are doing the cnc plug .I will let you more information soon . Just let you see some master mold material of the heli .The cnc plug material are from Germany this pink colour material are the same you see the concept can testing in the wind tunnel in the car factory , it is a very good material , very easy sand and cut , but it so good to cnc mechanic . it mill very fast , but it is so expensive .The cnc produce the models plug can provide very clear and detail panel line , so all of our heli products have scale panel line .So the coming F-20 and the future model are very percision and good detail panel line .just conside which is our lovely models ? See the white colour epoxy sea hawk heli . it is a 800 big size fuselage .it is a new model coming out this March , i know there is aeroplane topic , just let you know more about our factory . My factory name TF MODEL . You can find over 20 different topic in RCG ,Scale-helicopter .
See our cnc landing gear for my heli products .
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2010, 02:25 PM
Chandler, AZ
Joined Nov 2008
544 Posts
Very nice! Can't wait to see the F-20!
balistc1000 is offline Find More Posts by balistc1000
Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:37 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,261 Posts
Bad Bad news :My rclander 90 fan damaged !!!!!!I don't know why . when i have completed the ducting and test run the fan , The starting a little bit throttle are ok ,than add a little be 30% throttle ,so vibration and sound change bad .I have check and see the main shaft are bended . fan blade touch the metal case ,it mean totally damage , one of the blades are shorter !The motor bearing are very bad feeling when a spin it by hand . Why this fan so.......fxxxking bad quality and it not cheap !158 usd !may be fine another china cheap fan to test it !!!!Anyone have experience of the rclander fan ????) The new design ducting are not easy to build because it is 2-1-2 .so i need use computer cnc the master plug .but today are completed well . Now air intake so smooth and directly .Just a little bit unhappy of the rclander fan
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Feb 25, 2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 04:59 PM
Chandler, AZ
Joined Nov 2008
544 Posts
Any photos of the F-20?
balistc1000 is offline Find More Posts by balistc1000
Old Feb 27, 2010, 12:11 AM
Joined Sep 2008
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
The resin are from a factory doing the wind power prop .i think you should be happy ! Just waiting the ducting tube complete the mold and test fly . the other are the pototype test flyin last year ,the first version are twin 70 fan , now are the new single 90 .so waiting the test fly soon !
Why you not us a Ducted engine?

Do you compare price of this Ducted and GDF(OS 91VR-DF) Ducted?

And trust compare?
bozonghare is offline Find More Posts by bozonghare
Old Feb 27, 2010, 01:45 AM
Carbon fiber is our friend
United States, CA, Lodi
Joined Feb 2001
4,230 Posts
Kin,

Looks like nice work. People are getting tired of polyester because it cracks so easily. If you are using epoxy, people will be very pleased. Even Vinylester is not too bad.

You can make us landing gear legs any time you want! That sort of thing is getting popular, especially if it's affordable. Maybe even wheels and wheel brakes?

Looks like your inlet ducting will be in three pieces? I can't tell for sure, but it looks like it will have a sharp bend where the "Y" connects to the front pieces? If that's the case, it will hurt performance. Any bends should be smooth. No sharp angles if at all possible.

Keep up the good work.
Steve C
Steve C is offline Find More Posts by Steve C
Old Feb 27, 2010, 02:23 AM
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
The longer I look at the pictures, the more I get a feeling there is no actual edf experience in their plant. The layup is very neat but there are a lot of signs to show they just got started and now got stuck in developement.

Same thing with the Grumania F100 turbine to edf conversion. He started a conversion but really doesn't know anything about edf. Sure, it will fly, but the bar is set very low.

unsubscribing...
Old Feb 27, 2010, 02:38 AM
United States, CA, Lodi
Joined Feb 2001
4,230 Posts
Well they have to start somewhere. Hopefully they are willing to learn and we'll end up with a few more good products to choose from.

Steve C
Old Feb 27, 2010, 03:13 AM
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
Now that is something I really dislike. I have had it with those MF like Het-rc who use the costumers for developement laboratory.

Let me give you 2 failures: Who designed the hatch right in center of the fan ? There is no way to get the fan removed after the intake has been set and optical this is very poor (especially in polyesther) while one would be only in need to use the hatch a few times in the lifespan of the plane (1 for installation, 2 for removal, 3 for nostalgia reinstallation ).
Sharp intakes,......
Old Feb 27, 2010, 03:20 AM
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
I always wondered why the balsa Het-rc F18 has the hatch on top as well. No reason not to make it on the bottom (unless you fly at a swamp field but there is great tape available for that)
Old Feb 27, 2010, 03:30 AM
United States, CA, Lodi
Joined Feb 2001
4,230 Posts
I don't buy HET. There's too much wrong with them and I'm picky enough that it just wouldn't work out. I'm better off making my own.
Hopefully these guys get it figured out before they start selling them. I assumed this is a prototype?

Steve C
Old Feb 27, 2010, 04:48 AM
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
I don't buy HET. There's too much wrong with them and I'm picky enough that it just wouldn't work out. I'm better off making my own.

Steve C
Same for me

IMHO the best edf jet ever is the Aeronaut Panther and EB, but both are a tad too small for todays drive systems so I went my own way. This F15 has those dinosaur dimensions as well. I wonder if a 2500-3000W edf would be suitable in there. The Panther can have it
Old Feb 27, 2010, 11:22 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balistc1000 View Post
Any photos of the F-20?
The F-20 are not yet complete the computer work in the intake size and the wing how the seprate with the body and the tail wing .The intake size are little extra add the size . but still looking good .I like it size in 90 mmfan but partner are like it 120 mm ,Maybe do it both 90/120 size . The photo can not show this moment .it is too early , but the work process about 40 days can have a first model come out the mold .The wing are not confirm hollow mold or foam +friberglass surface .But new technical will try in this wing .I am competition in F3b /F3F glider about 7 years so we know how to do the tradition Hollow mold skill . but it produce too slow and too much work hour in one model , so we are testing the new technical to do the composite wing in fast and strong , I hope the test will sucessful .In heli fuselage products that we are 40 day can do a new model .EDF are new for us but we have a experience develope partner ,we have keep a lot euro edf products here in stock . so the base design and we have cnc machine to develope our models , so i sure this year are "exciting " .We are welcome member provid any commen and idea to help develope the good EDF model .any good photo or video are weclome .The customer in heli tropic that is offer a lot good idea and good commen , so they also be our test pilot and we can offer them the product to test fly ,of couse only change a little material cost and shipping only . Today take a short video for dry fit the ducted fan and the front ducting .
F-15 video 2 (0 min 48 sec)

F-15 install ducting system (1 min 36 sec)
RCG Plus Member