Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 12, 2010, 04:07 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,907 Posts
Great models Kin, do you have prices yet for the F-35 and delivery dates. I dot mean to be rude but have any flown yet??? J

I am keen for the F -20 and I don't care if I am the first tom get it airborne !
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:15 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,380 Posts
Too bad he's continuing to build and mold his 35 version as a X model instead of F. Seems like more research is in order. I wonder if Kim understands the required visual aesthetics of the American market. That to change and modify the plug is easier than having a room full of unsellable fuselage shells.
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:52 AM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,282 Posts
Subscribed.
takiss is online now Find More Posts by takiss
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:19 PM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,270 Posts
Regarding the Hawk 100, I do NOT want a pre-painted ARF. I hope they will sell all composite kits...
meaning a glass fuse that I install the formers into etc.
Thanks,
Bob
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Nov 12, 2010, 02:09 PM
Global Hobby Store
Brisbane
Joined Jan 2007
1,116 Posts
I will ask kin for you bob if he hasnt replied before I see him next..

Rob
rorrock is offline Find More Posts by rorrock
Old Nov 12, 2010, 04:18 PM
Fairborn, OH
Joined Nov 2009
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero View Post
Too bad he's continuing to build and mold his 35 version as a X model instead of F. Seems like more research is in order. I wonder if Kim understands the required visual aesthetics of the American market. That to change and modify the plug is easier than having a room full of unsellable fuselage shells.
Agreed.
alexandermh is offline Find More Posts by alexandermh
Old Nov 12, 2010, 04:26 PM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
Regarding the Hawk 100, I do NOT want a pre-painted ARF. I hope they will sell all composite kits...
meaning a glass fuse that I install the formers into etc.
Thanks,
Bob
I admire your capacity to complete a kit rather than an ARF Bob. My K&A Hun took a long time to complete and when you live in a city apartment for most of the week, leaving an incomplete model about is not good for your sex life!!!

I love the satisfaction of completing a major project but I love to fly more so Ill take mine more ARF please. Especially when they are 2m models. j
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:08 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,183 Posts
This F-35 is a friend offer me the plan and the detail cross section for the former . let me start it very easy , and my friend like the f-35 more than x -35 , but we also have the x-35 plug here , but still have a lot work in this x -35 plug . so that why we have make this f-35 in this moment . but i want my F-20 start early .
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Nov 14, 2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:21 PM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,907 Posts
Well Kin, I am glad that you are focussing on the F-20. It has been a pursuit of mine to have a quality, high scale edf version for some time.

On the F-35, I can see where the demand is as it will lend itself to so many livery variants when done as an "F". If you finish it as an "X" and you have a few fuse shells lying about, I might grab one.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:00 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,183 Posts
The JEPE A-4 test fly today . it so easy take off and easy landing , the power from a Change Sun Fan is ok ! not bad ! The 6s new battery have this speed is fine ! The rudder control rod is too (small ) 2mm only .and rod are too long , it is my problem .so i should use a 2.3mm rod . so the rudder in high speed flutter . i need land the model for safty ! so i will build a new one in right drak blue colour in this week . let it make good catalog and manual .
Here the video !
Smartmodel A-4 (2 min 21 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2010, 01:10 PM
www.turbofanelectrics.com
Tampa, FL
Joined Apr 2002
853 Posts
NICE flying Kin . The A4 look to fly very nicely. I didn't notice any noticeable flutter in the video but I believe I heard it. The rudder control rod should be a easy fix and is very minor. I think the JEPE A4 has turned out AWESOME!!!

William
TurboFanElectric is offline Find More Posts by TurboFanElectric
Old Nov 15, 2010, 03:55 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,445 Posts
That was really nice Kin, very solid looking in the air. You could hear it around 54 and 58 secs fluttering, as Will said simple fix. What was your final flying weight on 6 cells? And what sort of power level are you running at with this setup?
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Nov 15, 2010, 07:19 PM
Fairborn, OH
Joined Nov 2009
544 Posts
That was a pretty "sporty" landing speed there.
alexandermh is offline Find More Posts by alexandermh
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:38 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
great flying model Kin. just a little bit of a flutter issue, but as said, it's an easy fix. the A-4 really hauls the mail. congrats on a great flight and a nice greaser of a landing.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:12 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,183 Posts
The A-4 is 6s /3200mah and 2.5 kg flying weight ,have 2.1-2.2 kg thrust from a change sun fan ! Landing have a little fast but possible land slow . the wing load is small . so landing are no problem .i am afraid the flutter problem so land so quick ,not the models prefromance next test is different colour and slowing flying and let see how it can slow in landing !!!!
RCG Plus Member