HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2010, 07:00 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,437 Posts
Discussion
Dynam ESC programming

I have a Dynam 40A ESC and the manual is very confusing and as well WRONG.
I made a video for programming it. The video is for a Dynam Helicopter but the information I give is useful for anyone who has this ESC. I have this same ESC on another 450 helicopter. I had purchased the ESC from dealextreme.
Dynam 40A ESC at Dealextreme

Here's a link to the Dynam ESC manual:
http://www.mycoolheli.com/files/DynamESC.pdf
In the BRAKE settings, it should be wait for the 4 beeps (not 5).
And each time you do it, it TOGGLES the setting

Here's the vid:
Dynam ESC programming for E-Razor 450 (9 min 12 sec)
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2011, 03:30 AM
Knobby
Joined Apr 2011
1 Posts
Programming Dynam ESC by stick

I have a manual issued by World Models for their ESCs. In desperation, I tried programming the Dynam 18A ESC by following the instructions and Lo! and Behold! ... it works.

As follows:
1. Enter programming mode
Switch on Tx, move throttle to full on, connect controller
(this will need the procedure shown in the video to avoid binding)
Wait for the beep-beep (about 2secs)
Wait 5 secs for the special musical tone of 5 notes
You are now in programming mode

2. Select items
You will get 8 tones in a loop. Each tone is the selector for a particular item value as follows:
beep Brake
beep-beep Battery type
beep-beep-beep Cutoff Mode
beep-beep-beep-beep Cutoff threshold
beep----- Startup mode
beep----beep Timing
beep----beep-beep set all to default
beep----beep---- exit

3. Select item value
You get the 8 tones in a loop. You select the item by moving the stick to throttle closed within 3secs of hearing the selector tone.
You then select the required value according to the table below
tone beep- beep-beep beep-beep-beep
Brake off on
Batt type Lipo NiMh/NiCd
Cut mode Reduce Shut down
Cut Thres Low Medium High
Startup Normal Soft Super-soft
Timing Low Medium High
Select the required value by moving the stick to throttle open when you hear the required tone. You will then hear a four note musical tone and you are back in the 8 tone loop.

4. Exit programming
Wait till you get the Exit tone (beep----beep----). Close the throttle within 3 secs.

Maybe you can make an extended video which shows all of this?
Knobby CLARKE is offline Find More Posts by Knobby CLARKE
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:41 AM
United States, AL, Madison
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
I received a different and much more sophisticated ESC manual with my RTF Dynam E-Razor 450 (40A ESC) than what is linked in the first post (which is the same one listed on Dynam's website) but follows closely, if not exactly, the steps outlined in post #2 above. I struggled/failed to program the ESC with the original Dynam TX but after upgrading to a DX6i and programming another ESC on a new heli, I revisited the Dynam ESC programming and had success with this manual. Since I'm new to this forum, I can't add attachments yet and share directly, but PM me and I'll share the actual PDF.

In hind sight, I think the main reason I think so many people struggle with programming the ESC with the original Dynam TX is the bind procedure and the throttle cut toggle switch. My kit also included additional troubleshooting paperwork alluding to this theory.
duh_riddler is offline Find More Posts by duh_riddler
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:51 AM
United States, AL, Madison
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
Dynam ESC programming

Manual attached. Hope this helps.
duh_riddler is offline Find More Posts by duh_riddler