Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by bbrstorm, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:58 AM
Member of the RC OCD Group
United States, WA, Gig Harbor
Joined Jan 2010
553 Posts
Discussion
Low Voltage alarms & Battery Tray Mod for a Big Lama

I remember there beig discussion about the Lowvoltage alarms that are really cheap from ebay. Comments on them not being very loud.

So I bought 2 of the ones for $2.99 shipped. ( http://cgi.ebay.com/7-4V-11-1V-RC-Li...item5d27cb1af5 )

Well today I received the two I had ordered and I tested them out. You all were right that they were not very loud. They are covered in a clear shrink wrap. Everything is covered including the speaker. So I trimmed the shrinkwrap from around the speaker and BAMM! about 10x louder. amazing really, that you wouldn't think that it would muffle the alarm that much but it really does.

See pic and try it if you have them.

Also did a Battery Mod to the Big Lama.

I ordered those 11.1V 20c 1000mah batteries from HobbyKing on 2/2 and they shipped on 2/11 I hate ordering from them they take forever!!!!!

In preperation of their arrival, in the next few months , I mounted a 1mm thick piece of plastic stock from the LHS. Between the battery tray mounts and the skids. Using a piece of velcro (will put the heavy duty stuff on when I get the batteries) to secure the battery under the stock mount. So you can still slide in a stock battery above or and upgraded battery below.
bbrstorm is offline Find More Posts by bbrstorm
to remove ads between posts