SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
 
Thread Tools
Old May 22, 2003, 04:01 AM
Tor Rasmussen
Guest
n/a Posts
Can't find ATV for Pitch on JR3810 (8103)

Got a new radio, JR 3810 (Aka JR8103)

The pitchservo doesn't provide enough travel to reach over the whole
pitchcurve. Now I'm at -2 -> +9 but would want some more.

I can't find either the TravlelAdjust or Subtrim on the pitchservo.

The 4 others are ok, throttle, rudder, aileron and elevator. The all appear
at the same screen under ATV and SubTrim, but I can't find the ATV, EPA or
Subtrim for the pitch anywhere.

Please direct me.


Old May 22, 2003, 04:01 AM
Gp
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: Can't find ATV for Pitch on JR3810 (8103)

"Tor Rasmussen" wrote:
> Got a new radio, JR 3810 (Aka JR8103)
>
> The pitchservo doesn't provide enough travel to reach over the whole
> pitchcurve. Now I'm at -2 -> +9 but would want some more.
>
> I can't find either the TravlelAdjust or Subtrim on the pitchservo.
>
> The 4 others are ok, throttle, rudder, aileron and elevator. The all

appear
> at the same screen under ATV and SubTrim, but I can't find the ATV, EPA or
> Subtrim for the pitch anywhere.
>
> Please direct me.


When in either the subtrim or ATV screens, just hit the 'select' button to
show the other four channels (gear, pitch, aux2, aux3).

Gp


Old May 22, 2003, 04:01 AM
Tor Rasmussen
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: Can't find ATV for Pitch on JR3810 (8103)

Thank you very much.
Must have missed it reading throug the manual.

(Probably gonna be more questiongs from me as we go along)

"Gp" <pinckneys@vei.net> wrote in message
news:WXedncCBHvPVUlajXTWcqw@veiinternet.net...
> "Tor Rasmussen" wrote:
> > Got a new radio, JR 3810 (Aka JR8103)
> >
> > The pitchservo doesn't provide enough travel to reach over the whole
> > pitchcurve. Now I'm at -2 -> +9 but would want some more.
> >
> > I can't find either the TravlelAdjust or Subtrim on the pitchservo.
> >
> > The 4 others are ok, throttle, rudder, aileron and elevator. The all

> appear
> > at the same screen under ATV and SubTrim, but I can't find the ATV, EPA

or
> > Subtrim for the pitch anywhere.
> >
> > Please direct me.

>
> When in either the subtrim or ATV screens, just hit the 'select' button to
> show the other four channels (gear, pitch, aux2, aux3).
>
> Gp
>
>



Old May 23, 2003, 04:01 AM
Beav
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: Can't find ATV for Pitch on JR3810 (8103)


"Tor Rasmussen" <tor.rasmussen@tiscali.no> wrote in message
news:zdRya.4322$YZ6.157326@news010.worldonline.dk. ..
> Thank you very much.
> Must have missed it reading throug the manual.


Too late to tell you now that Greg's already done it Tor, but think about
things before you go slapping in 150% ATV on your pitch travel. First get a
servo arm that gives you as close to the the full collective travel with tha
ATV at 100% and if you move ONE end, move the OTHER end the same amount.
(Example)

Pitch ATV

100 - 100 = Perfect.
120 - 120 = good, but a slightly longer servo arm would allow for a 100 -
100 ATV making it perfect.
80 - 80 good, but a slightly SHORTER arm would allow for a 100 - 100 ATV
making it perfect.
80 -100 NOT good as you've introduced some differential giving more movement
one side of centre.
100 - 150 STILL not good.

All your other menu's (pitch curves, throttle curves, exponential, dual
rates, etc) are linkied inexorably to the ATV, so any adjustments in those
other menus are ALWAYS as a percentage of the ATV, so a 100% ATV setting on
everything (and a corresponding servo arm size for the movement you want)
makes "programming" the system a lot easier. 50% of a 100% ATV setting is
50%, but if you've got a mismatched ATV where one side is (say) 70 and the
other side is (say) 130, means you've REALLY got your work cut out for you
when is comes to deiceing on a percentage adjustment later on.

I've seen ATV's for throttle set to 17& - 140% and the flyer couldn't get a
decent throttle movement no matter WHAT he did with his throttle curve. 5
minutes of re-setting and the throttle on his heli was responding
beautifully.


--
Beav


Please note my E-mail address is "beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com"
(with the obvious changes)

Beavisland now lives at
www.beavisoriginal.co.uk


Old May 23, 2003, 04:01 AM
Tor Rasmussen
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: Can't find ATV for Pitch on JR3810 (8103)

There is a problem with space for a longer servohorn.
It's a shuttle, and right above the horn is the bottom of another servo.
Below the pitchservo is the throttleservo.

There is just no space for longer horn, but thanks for the info on
precentage causing mismatches all over the system.
I actually thought about it today, as people (an myself);

put some ATV on one end of the scala,
and maybe subtrims a bit,
and move a servohorn so that it isn't 90 deg on the pushrod i middle
position

....then starts to modify throttlecurves and pitchcurves, the whole system
comes to a complete mess.


But regarding my lack of space, the Raptor 50 V2 is soon to be ordered. It's
"just" 24 days, 2 hours and 10 minutes to payday (in the writing moment).

"Beav" <beavis.original@ntloxoworld.com> wrote in message
news:We9za.215852$YZ.29788@news.easynews.com...
>
> "Tor Rasmussen" <tor.rasmussen@tiscali.no> wrote in message
> news:zdRya.4322$YZ6.157326@news010.worldonline.dk. ..
> > Thank you very much.
> > Must have missed it reading throug the manual.

>
> Too late to tell you now that Greg's already done it Tor, but think about
> things before you go slapping in 150% ATV on your pitch travel. First get

a
> servo arm that gives you as close to the the full collective travel with

tha
> ATV at 100% and if you move ONE end, move the OTHER end the same amount.
> (Example)
>
> Pitch ATV
>
> 100 - 100 = Perfect.
> 120 - 120 = good, but a slightly longer servo arm would allow for a 100 -
> 100 ATV making it perfect.
> 80 - 80 good, but a slightly SHORTER arm would allow for a 100 - 100 ATV
> making it perfect.
> 80 -100 NOT good as you've introduced some differential giving more

movement
> one side of centre.
> 100 - 150 STILL not good.
>
> All your other menu's (pitch curves, throttle curves, exponential, dual
> rates, etc) are linkied inexorably to the ATV, so any adjustments in those
> other menus are ALWAYS as a percentage of the ATV, so a 100% ATV setting

on
> everything (and a corresponding servo arm size for the movement you want)
> makes "programming" the system a lot easier. 50% of a 100% ATV setting is
> 50%, but if you've got a mismatched ATV where one side is (say) 70 and the
> other side is (say) 130, means you've REALLY got your work cut out for you
> when is comes to deiceing on a percentage adjustment later on.
>
> I've seen ATV's for throttle set to 17& - 140% and the flyer couldn't get

a
> decent throttle movement no matter WHAT he did with his throttle curve. 5
> minutes of re-setting and the throttle on his heli was responding
> beautifully.
>
>
> --
> Beav
>
>
> Please note my E-mail address is "beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com"
> (with the obvious changes)
>
> Beavisland now lives at
> www.beavisoriginal.co.uk
>
>



 


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saw a Sky Scooter Pro 2 for 99 bucks on net now can't find it HELP Snow Bird PA-FL Parkflyers 2 Sep 09, 2005 04:50 PM
Question Can't Find Post About Stopwatch on Launch Preset Switch marctrudeau Hand Launch 6 Dec 09, 2003 10:45 PM
Can't find Tigermoth for sale Post mirageman2005 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 May 22, 2003 04:44 PM
can't find the link for dynamo electronics Kevin Graehl Electric Heli Talk 3 Jun 30, 2002 01:36 AM
need magnetic meyhem for zagi but can't find one! Peter W Power Systems 11 Dec 02, 2001 03:23 PM