HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:04 PM
Désolé pour le français !
France, Aquitaine, Saint-Pierre-du-Mont
Joined Jan 2013
22 Posts
Hello tout le monde et bons vols à tous!!

Voici mon " Infinity T2M" avec une déco personelle "type carbone"!

Voici sa configuration :

Moteur brushless d'origine.
Contrôleur Turnigy 40A .
Accus : Hyperion 1600 Turnigy Nanotech 1800 et 2200 MhA , 3S !
Cône remplacé par un MP-jet alu 40mm !

Gregoo is offline Find More Posts by Gregoo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:59 PM
Joined Dec 2005
5,408 Posts
Greeting Greg00,

Very nice, that carbon touch is excellent and adds a nice look to the plane.
Obake is offline Find More Posts by Obake
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:31 PM
Joined Jan 2013
22 Posts
Hello Obake merci c'est cool !!! Autocollant pour automobile,imitation carbone et qui colle super bien!!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:47 PM
United States, ND, Fargo
Joined Aug 2007
180 Posts
Welp.. here it is all painted. Definitely a ten footer and if I had it to do over I would've done everything quite differently, but at least I'll be able to see it. Hopefully the paint didn't add too much weight. If it did, oh well. Didn't get any stripes put on because frankly I'm done pissing around with it. Apparently although it worked fine on the rest of the plane, the paint "aligatored" the top of the left wing which pissed me off to no end. I'm sure it won't affect anything flight-wise but it's going to bother me forever. In future I'll go with a more foam safe paint and skip the polycrylic, use the colored packing tape, invest in an airbrush, or just cover the damn thing with tower kote or a similar low heat covering. Wayyyy too much hassle for such a simple job.

Harumph.
johnwohl is offline Find More Posts by johnwohl
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:25 PM
Joined Jan 2013
22 Posts
Joli boulot et couleur bien voyante et c'est bien là le principal car il est vraiment fin ce petit joujou !
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:46 AM
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Jul 2011
209 Posts
I've been reading that there are a fair number of people having trouble with landings and wing stalls.

I have the durafly dynamic s , which everyone reckons is the same as the blaze. From what I can see ,it looks the same.

Having said that, I find the dynamic lands perfectly 98% of the time and landing speeds can be is very slow.

I find that if a wing does want to stall, the plane gives plenty of warning and corrects very easily. Actually it has been a good learning experience to be able to pick up on signs of an early stall.

I have only been flying this type of aircraft for a few months and this is not an expert opinion ,only my observation.

Altough, I think I been bitten by the glider bug. Cheers.
medroller is offline Find More Posts by medroller
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:45 AM
A geriatric flier
Australia, NSW, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2008
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregoo View Post
Hello Obake merci c'est cool !!! Autocollant pour automobile,imitation carbone et qui colle super bien!!
Je suis d'accord, les marques en particulier la fibre de carbone est très bon.
Watdazit is offline Find More Posts by Watdazit
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:51 AM
A geriatric flier
Joined Nov 2008
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by medroller View Post
I've been reading that there are a fair number of people having trouble with landings and wing stalls..................
I try not to do steep turns at low speed and low heights. I can catch a stall high up but the couple times I have crashed it was because I was turning for an approach too low and too steep.

Do yoy have a brake on the motor and if so is it hard or soft?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:14 PM
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Jul 2011
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watdazit View Post
I try not to do steep turns at low speed and low heights. I can catch a stall high up but the couple times I have crashed it was because I was turning for an approach too low and too steep.

Do yoy have a brake on the motor and if so is it hard or soft?
Your exactly spot on watdazit. A steep turn at slow speeds low to the runway will stall and hit the deck.
I have the brake on , I suppose you would say it is set a bit on the soft side. Thatt's the way in came set from the factory.
medroller is offline Find More Posts by medroller
Last edited by medroller; Jan 21, 2013 at 01:01 AM. Reason: low IQ
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:50 PM
A geriatric flier
Joined Nov 2008
674 Posts
Thanks medroller. Others have said having the motor set on a soft brake helps on landing.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:12 PM
United States, ND, Fargo
Joined Aug 2007
180 Posts
anyone know what size the wing bolts are? i want to get some nylon bolts but i dont know how to properly measure the bolt size and thread pitch
johnwohl is offline Find More Posts by johnwohl
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:34 PM
Joined Dec 2005
5,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwohl View Post
anyone know what size the wing bolts are? i want to get some nylon bolts but i dont know how to properly measure the bolt size and thread pitch
Hi John,

Page two of the manual list the bolts as these:

Screw for wing connector: M3.0 x 8 , 4 each

Screw for servo hatch: M3.0 x 22 , 2 each

Wing bolt: M4.0 x 20 , 2 each

Measurements are metric and I usually find the nylon metric bolts in the Ace hardware stores.

Hope this helps.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:47 PM
Joined Dec 2005
5,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watdazit View Post
Thanks medroller. Others have said having the motor set on a soft brake helps on landing.
Hi Watdazit,

To be a bit clearer on this, the ESC brake setting is a features that determines how abruptly the motor/prop assemblage will stop spinning. A purpose for this would be to gradually slow down a prop spinning at max revolution. This gradual slow down helps to prevent the sudden and abrupt halting of a prop and helps to prevent damage to motor and motor/nose housing and prop assemblage. A large folding prop spinning for all it is worth is a good bit of mass and energy to dissipate so a hard brake can sometimes cause problems. A hard brake will usually encourage most props to fold back where sometimes a soft brake will slow the motor rpm down but the air flow will still keep the prop spinning and open.

As mentioned, a motor set for soft brake will sometimes leave a fix prop or folding prop still spinning. This may be due to weak braking by the ESC, size and pitch of prop, and speed of aircraft. To have the prop still spinning is generally not the desirable result of setting a brake.

Regardless of brake setting, one of the ways to slow a glider is to just barely increase throttle untill the blades unfold enough for the air flow to catch them and make them spin. This spinning creates drag and helps to slowing down the glider for a landing. Of course, we have to remember to throttle back so many meters before the glider actually touches the ground so the prop is not damaged by the landing.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Obake; Jan 22, 2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:52 PM
A geriatric flier
Joined Nov 2008
674 Posts
Thanks for that Obake. Unfortunately I have not been flying for a month because of the grass fire dangers here and now I have just had eye surgery so it is going to be a few more weeks before I can get out again to try it all.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:04 PM
Joined Dec 2005
5,408 Posts
Good healing with the eye. A friend of mine just had cataract surgery. Ugh! Something that I hope to avoid in my old age.